Official Mortal Kombat Thread

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I actually think people are overreacting to the negative reviews :russ:

Not everything needs to be good, or mid, or get a participation award for trying. It's ok for things to be trash, hollywood will just have to pull up their big boy pants and learn from it.. or repeat the same mistakes :skip:

After watching it, I actually expected most reviews to average at a 5/10... plus/minus 1 or 2 points depending on your exposure to movies that actually do fight scenes well, or shows that actually do fight tournaments well.

I'm used to watching the Raid movies and tourney shows like Kengan Ashura... so MK is closer to a 3-4/10 for me. But i could see ppl saying 6-7/10. Very generous of them, but i could see it.
Yeah no one wants this to be the godfather:pachaha:
Idk why that comes up everytime people don't like an action film:pachaha:
I'm positive those who like it don't want those glaring errors in the sequels too :pachaha:
They can build from there unless they pull a wb on DC and fukk with the script again:pachaha:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It didn't need to be Oscar worthy, just decent.

I've been spoiled by a number of superhero movies in the last decade to where i actually expect competent acting and storytelling in non-oscar movies :pachaha:

I remember watching that Sonic the Hedgehog movie on the plane a few months back and thinking to myself, "damn... this is a well acted competent non-oscar movie :ehh:"

Then i tried watching Monster Hunter and was like "This, however, is not that.:ehh:"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The actors in the OG werent great actors, but they had major screen presence. Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung all just were interesting to watch. Even Kano.

Only Joe Taslim (Sub Zero) really stands out, Scorpion. I think the Raiden actor is really good, but not given a lot work here. Should have put more focus on their better actors.

Not a good actor, but the Kano here was lowkey carrying the movie for a bit :patrice:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Who is Cole Young and why make some dude up instead of rolling with Johnny Cage? :dwillhuh: (or just stop thinking so hard and just make it about Lui Kang or more about undead Scorpion’s quest for revenge)

I swore he was Lui Kang then when Lui showed up I was ok he’s Kung Lao. Then Kung Lao

showed up and I was like :dwillhuh: Who is this nikka? I had to pause and look up the character details.

How could you be caught off guard by a Kano heel turn? He didn’t like y’all no way.

Edit: Are they trying to say this dude is Johnny Cage? Bullshyt... Johnny is way more swagged out. The good guys as a whole were to bland. I was rooting for Mileena just cause she was thick.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The actors in the OG werent great actors, but they had major screen presence. Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung all just were interesting to watch. Even Kano.

Only Joe Taslim (Sub Zero) really stands out, Scorpion. I think the Raiden actor is really good, but not given a lot work here. Should have put more focus on their better actors.

Not a good actor, but the Kano here was lowkey carrying the movie for a bit :patrice:

Not even low-key. Everyone is saying that.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, the more I dwell on this, the worse it becomes.

If Cole doesn't become the new Scorpion and saves his family where his ancestor failed, he literally serves no purpose and is a complete waste of screen time.

Who's writer is this? :mindblown:
What's worse is when news came out about this movie and we found out about Cole we all asked why???:mindblown: What the fukk we need this nikka for???:mindblown: who asked for this character???:mindblown: nikkas KNEW the character was gonna be trash

In 2021 nikkas got no excuse for doing this 90s bullshyt

Marvel demonstrated that the source material is just fine

Last edited:

YoNoSe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn’t like Liu Kang at all. Should have had a different actor to play him. My wife said it seemed like him and Kung Lao we’re lovers instead of brothers.

I didn’t like how they did Goro and I don’t see the purpose of Cole.

Sub Zero was the highlight of the film.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Im beginning to think Asian's as a whole are horrible actors

giphy.gif

Come watch some Korean joints with me @tofuspeedstar @MidniteJay and ragtag band of mitfits :mjgrin:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once you realize Raiden can teleport folks at anytime, the movie stops making sense :mjlol:

He could have hidden Cole's family before Sub Zero got there :russ:

Could have teleported everyone in the SUV :gladbron:

Sent Liu Kang out in the desert for what :russ:

They never said there was a limitation. He was teleporting enemies for them to have their little 1v1s :dwillhuh:

fukk you Raiden (2021) :russ:
Cranky Raiden slick the funniest character behind Kano

All he did was teleport in and complain:mjlol:

:hhh:nikka this IT??? These weak ass nikkas???

:hhh:The white bytch aint even got a tattoo why is she here? Oh my fukkin GOD bro we're gonna fukkin lose:stopitslime:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: