Official Mortal Kombat Thread

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Ehh there were some highlights...

- Sub Zero :whoa: him coming after Cole and his family was dope. The snowballs he was creating could have been hail or daggers but maybe that's overkill with civilians around.
- I'm not familiar with Kabal's backstory but his live adaptation looks cool af. Those red eyes and the effects when he used his hooks stood out the most imo.

Now, I wasn't expecting a blockbuster smash but a better movie was doable. The acting was terrible, Cole was azz, the power ups were laughable, and Raiden sucked. The fight scenes outside of Scorpion and Sub Zero were :trash:
The "training" consisted of two 10 minute sessions :heh:

Who else joins the squad besides Johnny Cage?

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching and overall thought it was :ehh:

It moves at a pretty fast pace and there are a lot of characters to juggle. I would have liked to have even longer fight scenes, but some of them were done well.

Kano was pretty funny :mjlol: and I liked all the moves incorporated from the game like the leg sweeps, uppercut, special moves.

I agree that a series would actually work better to flesh out some of the elements, but there is a level of campiness with MK that is inherit.

Kung Lao had the best fatality, would be down for a sequel.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The movie was okay at best. The movie overall felt rushed and over the place plus the ehh dialogue and editing (though I wasn't expecting a masterpiece by anymeans). However, I did enjoy it, and as someone whose favorite MK character always having been Sub Zero they did my nikka justice in the film. He was basically Jason who knows how to fight and freeze. :myman: He was by far the standout and most interesting character in the film followed by Scorpion, Kung Lao, Kano, and Mileena's cheeks . Everyone else was meh and I don't EVER want to see wackass boring Cole OR his family ever again.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:mjlol: this shyt is funny. its just kinda all over the place.

Kano's shenanigans and mileena's ass was cool.

but the cole shyt.. why?:patrice: i legit wanna sit in on some of these meeting execs and producers have. Who thought this would "enhance" the story?

and wtf @ the reptile shyt :dahell: the goro shyt :dahell:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:mjlol: this shyt is funny. its just kinda all over the place.

Kano's shenanigans and mileena's ass was cool.

but the cole shyt.. why?:patrice: i legit wanna sit in on some of these meeting execs and producers have. Who thought this would "enhance" the story?

and wtf @ the reptile shyt :dahell: the goro shyt :dahell:
He suffers from reptile disfunction :wow:

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
Time for an intervention. I know I'm gonna hurt a lot of feelings but fukk it.

When we play Mortal Kombat all that matters is:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Reptile
Raiden
Baraka
:whew:

Every other character is ass. If you pick Kano, Jax, Kitana or the other new age fruity characters in my house you're gonna get the controller thrown at you and not get invited back.:birdman:

Now for a movie u gotta have Shao Khan cuz that nikka talk a whole lot of trash and backs it up.:demonic:

Add Johnny Cage for the fukkery but he gotta die quickly.:win:

That's it. No other characters.

Now fukk trying to explain the super powers and shyt. It is what it is. Superman can fly. we don't see 30 minutes every movie dedicated to explaining yellow suns and red suns and shyt.

Cut out the mystical eastern chosen one bullshyt. Liu Kang's backstory is ass - nobody cares about it.:shaq2:

We don't need to see Outworld. Outworld stage design is always fukking stupid.

Have a tournament.. That's the bare minimum for an MK movie lol.:ufdup:

Mad characters gotta die.

Shang Tsung gotta have no lines.:rudy:

Shang Tsung gotta steal a couple of souls and morph multiple times in the final battle.:mindblown:

Earth gotta loose.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
what we DIDNT want was a R rated Lifetime movie that didn't even stick the original script. Shyt didn't even have Johnny Cage but gave us Cole :stopitslime:. if you liked it thats fine everyone has a trashy movie they like
did we watch the same movie? They clearly show johnny cage and the lead into the sequel :dahell:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
:ufdup: And while we're here, put some respect on the tv show

*Edit*

There was actually a few 'Cole Young' characters in this series. But it worked because they had a good amount of known fighters mixed in

Mk.png

Mk2.jpg

:banderas:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just finished. A couple of things.
1. plot was non existent. Was it to train? Not die? What exactly?

2. Liu Kang, the BEST MK fighter( it’s true deal with it :umad:) had trouble with kabal? fukking kabal :camby:

3. How did they go from getting their ass kicked to not getting their ass kicked? They just become better 5 minutes after getting bodied by Shang tsungs crew:wtf:

4. scorpion was way too nice, he’s not fighting side by side with no one in that manner. He would’ve fought Cole just for getting in his way :camby:

5. Raiden does not behave or has the presence that raiden should.

6. This should’ve been Johnny cages movie.

7. acting was bad to subpar. Sub Zero, Kano, and jax had the best performance. Raiden and Cole the worst

8. Scorpion should’ve been wayyyyy more angry, where’s his skull head? His demeanor or screen presence? This is scorpion we’re talking about, this dude can change the complete outcome of the tournament just based on what side he leans towards.

9. Need ermac the god in the next one :banderas:

10. I’ll give this shyt a 5.5/10. I was extremely disappointed. MK is my childhood so it will always have a spot in my heart, but if I wasn’t so bias this would’ve fell to the 3-4 range.

im convinced yall didnt actually watch this movie and just clips on youtube or something

1. plot was non existent. Was it to train? Not die? What exactly?

To train, for the 10th tournament, that Shang Tsung tried to rig and kill the competition early to take over Earth so then the plot became to survive and then hunt them before they could get hunted :dahell:

4. scorpion was way too nice, he’s not fighting side by side with no one in that manner. He would’ve fought Cole just for getting in his way

Cole is his great grand son from centuries of heritage :dahell: and the last of his blood line, Mortal Kombat has evolved story wise since you probably think of Mortal Kombat (1-3). Scorpion in that arch was like 5000 years old and the heel/evil, the new scorpion is like 50 years old, and the face /hero now, for like the past decade.

8. Scorpion should’ve been wayyyyy more angry, where’s his skull head?

Not a fukking chance in hell you watched the movie, when he was killing Sub Zero his face literally turned to a skull animation

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This film was high-grade mid. The fight choreography was good and entertaining but the story was thin at best and the pacing was off to me. There was also too much fan service to the point where I found it corny and I’m someone that’s played every single MK game. Considering that Cole was meant to be the avatar for us as the viewers, I don’t know why they didn’t just go with Johnny Cage. He wasn’t an interesting character and they could have found another to weave Scorpion into the story.

I give this a 6/10 and that’s only because I had an edible before watching this. I might have been more annoyed by the flat plot otherwise.

I was watching the DT review of this and they made a good suggestion that WB should have given this the MCU treatment and made individual films to introduce characters that result in the tournament after 4-5 films. An MK Shaolin Monks movie and a Lin Kuei vs Shira Ryu movie would be sick.