Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Ayoooo Raiden wasn't shyt in this :laff::laff:Kano was hilarious and legitimately carried this film:russ::russ::russ:Lui Kang and Kung Lao were way too underutilized and Kang got his ass whooped waaaaay too much :hhh:Mileena I need her back asap definitely a lot of easter eggs with the visuals of their powers :ehh:Subzero and Scorpion were the reasons for this film. The Scorpions revenge animated film should've been what this was based on more:manny:I didn't mind Jax n Sonya:manny:Subzero pulling up on Cole and fam in the real world was legit :ohhh:I need more of that honestly that was dope as hell:ohhh:Kung laos fighting had me:whoo::ooh::krs::myman:
Between him hopping out the hat like the game and the fatality:myman:
OG Cari is STILL the only Shang Tsung I acknowledge :ufdup:Cole and the family was not needed Scorpions path of revenge would've more than sufficed or Jax m Sonya :ufdup:They did a terrible job of writing Raiden and the Goro disrespect:scust:The Great Kung Lao and other character easter eggs was cool. The tome was definitely all over the place and it seemed to rush a lot. Like weird edits and scenes feel like they're missing :jbhmm:I'd be in for another movie but they need to make this a show instead so everyone can get fleshed out and the kombat story can be told better. Kabal was cool:ehh:

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Well that was...

Mediocre.

The new guy was a random way for Scorpion to come back briefly.

and these nikkas hating are going to watch that too. :heh:

No shyt, everyone gets one chance :mjpls:

Jax didn't die and had some good lines.:mjpls:

Still got Liu Kang:yeshrug:

I'm cautiously in for the next one :patrice:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Feels like this film probably been better as a series than a film franchise, because it really gotta have as many fights as possible.

I'm honestly surprised it even got an R rating and damn near 2 hour run time. Fun ass shyt.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Still hasn't been topped:wow:

i think most of the people were real martial artist actors also in the OG MK :ehh:

You know what, that is what bothered me.

I figured they were going with martial artists this time around and I would get something closer to Korean /south Asian action flicks.I'm spoiled by The Raid, The man from nowhere.

All these damn quick cuts.

Not every actor of course, but like damn :mjlol:

Watching Sonya flipping around for no reason :mjlol:

Joe Taslim was like "easy check :mjlit:"

dreskii

Pro
Daps
just watched it. - honestly was fukken flames.

back to expand on my review. lol

**spoilers**

i give it a solid 7.5/10

I'm a big MK fan - honestly I went in just praying to the elder gods that the writers/directors didn't just absolutely ruin MK for me. My expectations were very low.

There is some weak points in the movie (cole is wack) but I was just psyched to see MK back on screen again. I like that they're building up the universe and I look forward to the sequel.

The fight scenes were dope, Kano was amazing, Liu Kang is shredded as fukk, Mileena is a super baddie, the fatalaties were ill.

I'm reading some of the reviews here and yeah - if you were expecting a masterpiece level piece of cinematic art I can see how you're disappointed but for real I thought the movie was fun and fairly true to the spirit of the Mortal Kombat franchise.