Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
shyt is just jarring when you have known actors and celebrities playing cheap cheesey production

It's not just actors. its the entire logistics of making a TV show or Movie. Then there are the deadlines. COVID fukked up all of them. Who's to say people don't have other gigs that overlap with the new start up?

I think that's why everyone involved with these releases were pissed they didn't get a theater run. Godzilla vs. Kong would've done well.

Mortal Combat... I think it would've flopped regardless. it would've done decent first week numbers

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:Ok...here we go....

This movie was all over the fukking place. From the opening scene it dawned on me that maybe they should had went a different route with the movie. Scorpion and Sub Zero's story should had been the actual movie than this "fan service". Imagine like a huge backstory involving Sub Zero and Scorpion involving their rival clans and etc. The shyt would be :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Instead, we got a default character and some of the most low tier versions of the characters from the video game franchise. Its like somebody just played MK11 and went, "YES". Instead of following some sort of blueprint to make the movie have some sort of cohesiveness.

Towards the middle of the flick, the movie just went fukk. Like I was completely lost with the plot. Like how we go from "chosen one" to whatever the fukk. What made the OG better wasn't the "fan service" but it felt like a complete movie even if you don't play the Mortal Kombat games. This shyt just feels like a low tier college budget that got spent on Goro's arms.

Speaking of Goro, like a poster mentioned, dude went out sad. You mean to tell me the Prince of Outworld took a L with style because stuff?

Near the end I was like :dwillhuh:

• Where's the tournament
  • Where's the plot
  • Who gives a fukk about the main character
  • Why should I give a damn about his family
  • Why we barely saw Scorpion :mjcry:
Then the little "storytelling" near the end just felt like somebody quickly jotted a note to make the movie not look as stupid as it seem.

Then the anticlimatic ending which really made me rolled my eyes.

Overall, this movie just wasn't my tempo. It wasn't WOAT because I seen some terrible movies, but it's not good at ALL.

Why was it so hard to pick a random MK character that most people fukk with, put him into a grueling brutal tournament for all of Outworld to see, signature Wan violence and a dope fighting choreography. Speaking of choreography, what was even those fight scenes:picard:?

shyt felt like I was watching the WWE. Took me out of the elements with them jump cuts and amateurish movements.

4:shaq2:/10

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Eh :ld:

I like how they incorporated the special moves and fatalities but other than that, there was this real generic feel to the movie it never seemed to shake. It was better than Annihilation but that was the bare miminum needed for this film. And the end scene was some real childish Ed Boon troll shyt :comeon:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Real questionable shyt throughout though...like what's Mileena with no Kitana?

Kano was always an a$$hole but did he really need to be the comedic relief since there was no Cage?

What's the point of leaving out Cage if this is a reboot? You know...besides trolling the viewer at the end

Cole can't handle himself again humans but can take out Goro?

What's the point of Cole period if Scorpions just gonna...man fukk it :unimpressed:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Real questionable shyt throughout though...like what's Mileena with no Kitana?

Cole can't handle himself again humans but can take out Goro

What's the point of Cole period if Scorpions just gonna...man fukk it :unimpressed:

Breh Cole was wild worthless. I swear the sequel I better see dude get dissembled by Baraka:camby:. I got tired of his whiny, sorry, boring, tired ass from when he got that rubbed on tattoo to that level 1 armor like he was flexing on Goro :camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Movie was tridddiddash james

The overall pacing and plot was amateur hour. One minute they are looking for raiden the next moment the movie is over. You got no time with the characters, no real heroes journey, no build up, nothing...

And on top of that they had the nerve to throw in this create a character ass nikka that could have easily just been johnny cage or something.

3/10

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
even that unknown nygga that was fought Liu Kang in 95 was harder then these dudes

:mjlol:Its sad that I went like THATS THE WMAC MASTERS DUDE :krs:, when I seen the movie as a child. The only thing I give credit for is that they had a majority Asian cast including Raiden. Beyond that, most of the cast was so meh with the exception of Scorpion (which we sadly did not see a lot of), Sub Zero (who showed his cold ass out), Kano (dude actually played the role like he PLAYED MORTAL KOMBAT BEFORE:mindblown:), and Mileena who went out sad :mjcry:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Might be the worst movie I've seen in a while. This was a CW type property with foul language.
The accuracy :francis:

Seriously, this was a made for CW movie just with cursing and gore. From the cheesy dialogue down to the erratic editing.

Seriously, referencing the game announcer quotes three times? :gucci:

Even Annihilation knew better

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This felt like a bunch of different little youtube episode thrown together.

And was I the only one who thought Goro looked waaaaay too similar to MCU hulk? To see the prince sliced up by that create a character was hard to watch

The CG looked like the default filters that come with after effects

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:francis:Ok...here we go....

This movie was all over the fukking place. From the opening scene it dawned on me that maybe they should had went a different route with the movie. Scorpion and Sub Zero's story should had been the actual movie than this "fan service". Imagine like a huge backstory involving Sub Zero and Scorpion involving their rival clans and etc. The shyt would be :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Instead, we got a default character and some of the most low tier versions of the characters from the video game franchise. Its like somebody just played MK11 and went, "YES". Instead of following some sort of blueprint to make the movie have some sort of cohesiveness.

Towards the middle of the flick, the movie just went fukk. Like I was completely lost with the plot. Like how we go from "chosen one" to whatever the fukk. What made the OG better wasn't the "fan service" but it felt like a complete movie even if you don't play the Mortal Kombat games. This shyt just feels like a low tier college budget that got spent on Goro's arms.

Speaking of Goro, like a poster mentioned, dude went out sad. You mean to tell me the Prince of Outworld took a L with style because stuff?

Near the end I was like :dwillhuh:

• Where's the tournament
  • Where's the plot
  • Who gives a fukk about the main character
  • Why should I give a damn about his family
  • Why we barely saw Scorpion :mjcry:
Then the little "storytelling" near the end just felt like somebody quickly jotted a note to make the movie not look as stupid as it seem.

Then the anticlimatic ending which really made me rolled my eyes.

Overall, this movie just wasn't my tempo. It wasn't WOAT because I seen some terrible movies, but it's not good at ALL.

Why was it so hard to pick a random MK character that most people fukk with, put him into a grueling brutal tournament for all of Outworld to see, signature Wan violence and a dope fighting choreography. Speaking of choreography, what was even those fight scenes:picard:?

shyt felt like I was watching the WWE. Took me out of the elements with them jump cuts and amateurish movements.

4:shaq2:/10

Cole Young is MoKap status.