Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This movie was trash.

Everything except the sub zero scorpion beginning part really.

I don't know why they brought in Cole. We could have just as easily followed Liu Kang or Kung Lao.

Cole was worthless, and you really didn't feel for him as he got his ass kicked or when his family was in danger. The family thing they did was very weak.

This definitely would've been a better Scorpion or Sub zero solo movie. Remember the game Mortal Kombat Mythologies?

Sonya was trash. I mean, other than being a white woman, what role did she fulfill? Oh she was Jax's friend, which means Jax is a good guy or cool guy, right?

Jax was Michael Jai White, be he was ok.....

Kano was ass cheeks. Talked way too much. And I hate those irish/scottish sons of bytches.

We basically follow three white people around the movie Cole, Sonya and Kano......

And they are the least interesting characters in the entire movie.

WB fumbled on this one.

It's honestly seems like 2 different movies like they had a director and writer on board then after the first scene (bi-han vs hanzo) was written and filmed they fired his ass and got someone cheaper and watered down the rest of the story.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
latest
Have the equivalent of Poochie the Dog as your main character brehs:francis:

I'm REALLY not digging this bland ass dude so far in this flick. Not too keen on this Sonya either:francis:

I'm not expecting a oscar nominated writing so far but these lines :why:

Kano slowly becoming the MVP of this flick :bryan:

I fukks with this dude:banderas:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This movie was trash.

Everything except the sub zero scorpion beginning part really.

I don't know why they brought in Cole. We could have just as easily followed Liu Kang or Kung Lao.

Cole was worthless, and you really didn't feel for him as he got his ass kicked or when his family was in danger. The family thing they did was very weak.

This definitely would've been a better Scorpion or Sub zero solo movie. Remember the game Mortal Kombat Mythologies?

Sonya was trash. I mean, other than being a white woman, what role did she fulfill? Oh she was Jax's friend, which means Jax is a good guy or cool guy, right?

Jax was Michael Jai White, be he was ok.....

Kano was ass cheeks. Talked way too much. And I hate those irish/scottish sons of bytches.

We basically follow three white people around the movie Cole, Sonya and Kano......

And they are the least interesting characters in the entire movie.

WB fumbled on this one.

It's honestly seems like 2 different movies like they had a director and writer on board then after the first scene (bi-han vs hanzo) was written and filmed they fired his ass and got someone cheaper and watered down the rest of the story.

She was the best part of the movie... :noah:
c40b28616319947c4c754f5c40d444eddb7edf56.gifv

200.gif

But they she barely had anything to do :mjpls:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
This shyt is pretty dope to me. :manny:
this.

i was skeptical but having watched the OG 2 months ago, nah this was better. the technology of today just made it better. i was impressed, i thought i would hate it.

watch the OG right now and say this wasnt better, no fukking way. they finally did MK justice. this was entertaining. was it award winning shyt no, but its not to be, its just a video game movie ffs. you know what you're watching.

subzero had nikkas shook:banderas:

theres gonna be a part 2, they better bring in smoke and sindell. :ohlawd:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Whats up with these covid production movies where it has the film quality and acting of a cheap show?

Mortal kombat
Monster hunter

• No growth from the theaters
  • Streaming era making production cheaper
  • Bankrupted Hollywood ideas
  • Popcorn ADHD movie era
  • TV show production being the wave to save funding

These factors are going to lead to the downfall of movie quality. Hence why I am Criterion gang:yeshrug:. I seen the writing on the wall when movies took a swan dive into a coffin of shyt after 2008. Its just going to get even worse for blockbusters:francis: