Official Mortal Kombat Thread

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The accuracy :francis:

Seriously, this was a made for CW movie just with cursing and gore. From the cheesy dialogue down to the erratic editing.

Seriously, referencing the game announcer quotes three times? :gucci:

Even Annihilation knew better

II don't even think the OG movie had that many callbacks. If so it was from the gawd:

dcf9045904eeef99e64db5235a1c1332.jpg

Which really hurts the most because the new Shang Tsung was lacking some sort of balls:francis:. Dude looked like a wild pushover throughout the entire flick. He did not seem like a threat at all compared to the OG.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This was not good :mjlol:

Shoulda just did a Scorpion vs Sub Zero flick. What was the purpose of introducing Cole Young? Could they not have just had the folks who do the MK Story write this :dwillhuh:

This coulda been so simple to just have the tourney, and gorey fights.

That's all they had to do :mindblown:

Give me 2 hours tops of some old school Kung Fu afternoon cinema shyt with them two, I'm talking about:

• Full blown clan wars
  • Various clan members being involved (Smoke, Reptile, Noob Saibot, etc)
  • Foreign dialog (we going legit with this flick, if you can't read or want a dub...dub these nuts:camby:)
  • A legit budget
  • Hints for a proper MK movie that would be the legit remake and not this bullshyt:camby:

That's all we needed man. Stop treating movie watchers like full blown retards and actually think out of the box:beli:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
this.

i was skeptical but having watched the OG 2 months ago, nah this was better. the technology of today just made it better. i was impressed, i thought i would hate it.

watch the OG right now and say this wasnt better, no fukking way. they finally did MK justice. this was entertaining. was it award winning shyt no, but its not to be, its just a video game movie ffs. you know what you're watching.

subzero had nikkas shook:banderas:

theres gonna be a part 2, they better bring in smoke and sindell. :ohlawd:
Covid really does affect the brain. You hate to see it :picard:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Nah, the more I dwell on this, the worse it becomes.

If Cole doesn't become the new Scorpion and saves his family where his ancestor failed, he literally serves no purpose and is a complete waste of screen time.

Who's writer is this? :mindblown:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
One my beefs is Goro takn L's to a cac wearing tap out gear...shoulda had him fight reptile and saved goro for movie #2

Cmon doggie :hhh:
Like...Goro losing to Cage in the OG. Cage is a MK regular, he's already proven his worth as a fighter by defeating Scorpion, and he gave us a cheesy line that actually works ($500 sunglasses).

Cole is a useless character who took Ls the whole movie but beats a four armed monster out of the blue. :stopitslime: