Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
:russ: at Jax's made in Tijuana arms

:francis: Kung Lao stay getting disrespected

I actually loved seeing Subzero in a real-world element on some sci-fi horror shyt; that was actually cold as fukk :ohhh: no pun intended. I got Terminator 1 vibes during that diner scene. btw that random dude being killed by a hail of ice outside the restaurant had me :bryan:

Outside the extreme Gore and Scorpion and Sub Zero fight scenes, the other fight scenes were kind of :ld:. I mean if the acting and script are going to be average to sub-par the action and the fight scenes better be :whoo::ohlawd: status.

:why: I still can't believe they throw 30 years of folklore in the bushes to center this around Cole Young and his family that didn't end up even being compelling at all in the first place. While they got Liu and Kung on role-player status.
Raiden acting was not only stiff breh was useless other than showing up after the action or when someone got killed and being like :yeshrug::hubie: .
How does a scumbag like Kano end up being the heart and soul of the film? He was the only person with a real personality that kept me interested in the movie when Scorpion or Subzero wasn't on screen.

overall I wouldn't argue with someone who felt this was garbage, it was
7cc5da22e0179215907701316247294e.gif
. Mortal Kombat might be better set for a tv series as they did with MK Legacy if they can't even get this right for the big screen after 25 years

Last edited:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
People may not like the 1995 film...

But being in a packed theater watching it was an experience I'll never forget

Everyone went crazy from the time the theme song came on till the end with the Shao Kahn tease

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
People may not like the 1995 film...

But being in a packed theater watching it was an experience I'll never forget

Everyone went crazy from the time the theme song came on till the end with Shao Khan

Breh...it was a majestic time for a young koala:wow:. Something about the OG movie that feels surreal. Like you can tell how much the Mortal Kombat genre had a effect on production. Then the sequel came and fukk :camby::trash:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
5.5/10

It wasn't horrible like annihilation but the first one was still the best(aside from having a CAC play Raiden)...

What killed it for me in this one was the overuse of forced lines from the game (fatality....flawless victory.... Etc)

Glad this was on HBOMax cuz I would have been tight if I paid to see this.... :francis:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
5.5/10

It wasn't horrible like annihilation but the first one was still the best(aside from having a CAC play Raiden)...

What killed it for me in this one was the overuse of forced lines from the game (fatality....flawless victory.... Etc)

Glad this was on HBOMax cuz I would have been tight if I paid to see this....
:francis:

Just told one of my Twitter followers this.