Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Damn it’s that bad? I was looking forward to this :mjcry:

as long as it’s not Dragonball Evolution level I’ll be somewhat happy
:mjlol:It's nowhere near that bad. I just think that Cole character fukked it up. That should've been Cage and he should've been comical like Kano to make this movie at least mediocre.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
:mjlol:It's nowhere near that bad. I just think that Cole character fukked it up. That should've been Cage and he should've been comical like Kano to make this movie at least mediocre.
They wanted a vehicle character like Johnny Cage was in the first one where cage was fish out of water. Maybe they can axe in the sequel like they did cage in annihilation :troll:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh, thought it was okay.

I didn't go into this expecting an amazing plot but the structure of the movie was...weird. Like they introduce this Cole Young character as an audience stand in to explain the movie's universe, yet the movie and characters still don't make any sense unless you're already familiar with the MK universe. So ultimately his character just feels pointless. The beef between Scorpion and Sub-Zero was the most compelling part of the movie for me. So why not structure the movie around Scorpion's search for vengeance while having him being caught up in the tournament and interacting with the other characters along the way? Besides that, I thought Kano was the best character. Had the best lines and the actor brought some much needed energy because the other actors weren't cutting it. Also the tone of this was weird. It's like they didn't know whether to take this seriously or be tongue and cheek with it. For all its faults, at least the 95 MK knew what kind of movie it was and stayed consistent. Anyway, this wasn't terrible. It at least held my attention and the gore was cool, but I'm glad I didn't go to the theater for this.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Scorpion and sub zero opening
:picard:

Some beef is everlasting
Subzero strolling like
wgjov3c83wu61.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yall remember when I said this in February after the trailer dropped? :mjlol:

I liked the trailer a lot. It's better than the entire MK Annihilation movie. I do hope the acting in this is decent enough to match the epic tone. I'm no connoisseur of hollywood actors but seeing the Borderlines guy (Cole) and the CW actor (Jax) kinda gives me an idea of what the rest of the cast's acting chops may be like. Hopefully it's engaging all the way through and doesn't get cringe-worthy in-between fight scenes.

It was obvious the acting was gonna be a weak point (and the writing didn't help)... but the fight scenes weren't that great either. Hollywood movies really ain't shyt with their reliance on excessive camera cuts just to capture 5 seconds worth of h2h. Even the fight scenes that were a little more free-flowing didn't really tell a good "story" like how them east asian joints do with theirs.