Official Mortal Kombat Thread

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
- I didn't care for Cole. Liu should've been the lead.
- Kano was hilarious. The scene with him getting the laser eye was great.
- Kabal was dope
- Goro was wasted on a guy who got sent home b/c he was trash
- I woulda been cool with the movie being longer. That extra length coulda been spent on the fights which, other than Sub Zero vs Scorpion, were treated like a montage.
- Raiden getting disrespected all in his own temple. I know Shang Tsung is a the villain but even in the OG movie, he respected the rules
- The film wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
- I didn't care for Cole. Liu should've been the lead.
- Kano was hilarious. The scene with him getting the laser eye was great.
- Kabal was dope
- Goro was wasted on a guy who got sent home b/c he was trash
- I woulda been cool with the movie being longer. That extra length coulda been spent on the fights which, other than Sub Zero vs Scorpion, were treated like a montage.
- Raiden getting disrespected all in his own temple. I know Shang Tsung is a the villain but even in the OG movie, he respected the rules
- The film wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either.
To be fair, nobody is touching what my man did as Shang in 95. Also this movie wanted to be more “grounded” so a performance that big and that soulful wouldn’t be allowed. Shame.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
China and Japan been beefing since the dawn of time breh :wow: I always thought Scorpion was the evil one but it looks like they flipped it. Interesting.
Scorpion was never a bad guy. Quan Chi tricked him into thinking Sub-Zero killed his family in order to turn him into a weapon for the Nether realm.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, nobody is touching what my man did as Shang in 95. Also this movie wanted to be more “grounded” so a performance that big and that soulful wouldn’t be allowed. Shame.

That’s the thing though. The movie couldn’t decide if it wanted to be grounded and gritty or tongue and cheek and campy. Like you’d have grounded scenes that took the lore ultra serious and then right after you’d basically have a violent Power Rangers episode with cursing lol. The tone was all over the place. Like I said earlier, at least the 90s movies knew what kind of films they were and stuck to it