Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Movie was

tenor.gif

It had some cool moments but it's not something I will revisit.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
it really wasnt. I went back to the 95' MK and damn. at the time I thought it was epic, but now I just realized it was PG13. no blood or nothing. hows that even possible for MK :wtf:
it was nostalgic, but it didnt age well. soundtrack still epic tho. but after watching that, and watching the new one, the new one is better. and before you mention 'advancement in technology' nah, 1995 i can think of a handful of movies with much better graphics for that time. just look at the way goro falls off that cliff :mjlol:

i wont call the old one trash cause it holds close to my childhood but man :huhldup:
then come back and watch this one.
Please enlighten me on these movies. I only know of a couple and they had probably 4x the budget of mortal kombat. The best special effect movies of the 90s were mostly Spielberg and Cameron flicks. All of which were at least almost 4x the budget of MK. T2 was a 100mil movie and the effects show it. MK was under 20 lol so expecting mind blowing effects is unrealistic.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Man i aint fukk with mortal kombat since you had to put in the blood cheat code but i was always a fan

I done forgot half these mufukkas

Who tf is this boba fet looking nikka? Who was fighting lou kang

The main nikka wasnt scorpion wtf? He just turns into a metal body and chopped up gordo lol im lost as fukk I thought he was Scorpion son or the second coming who tf is he? He related to the nikka right?

The guy who turned his hat into a circular saw and surfed on that dragon hoe back wasnt raiden? Who was he? He was raw but that fukk nikka ate his soul

Bottom line whole movie was trash but the first fight and the last fight are fire as fukk

All these years i never knew sub zero was a fukk nikka

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Please enlighten me on these movies. I only know of a couple and they had probably 4x the budget of mortal kombat. The best special effect movies of the 90s were mostly Spielberg and Cameron flicks. All of which were at least almost 4x the budget of MK. T2 was a 100mil movie and the effects show it. MK was under 20 lol so expecting mind blowing effects is unrealistic.
Back to the Future
Honey I Strunk the Kids
Batteries not included
Congo
Toy Story
i can keep going.

are you telling me the OG was better than this one? if so whens the last time you watched the OG.:leostare:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I watched it again with my cousin who hadn't seen it and i enjoyed it more the second with my expectations lower.
If they do a sequel they need to ditch cole young. In fact, don't do a sequel. Just try again with a new script.

They are locked in for 4 more movies :dead:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lmao, it's crazy how people don't understand the nuances of quality.

It's like this. I enjoy McDonalds. I also enjoy Ruth Chris. Does that make McDonalds as good as Ruth Chris? :pachaha:

Nah they know. Its weirdo shyt when they try to make people feel crazy about saying it was trash. Like we all like trash movies. Shyt i love Howard The Duck. Movie is triddash. But i like it and i aint gonna lie to myself like its good. Thats that dumb shyt and it's happening in this thread

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Back to the Future
Honey I Strunk the Kids
Batteries not included
Congo
Toy Story
i can keep going.

are you telling me the OG was better than this one? if so whens the last time you watched the OG.:leostare:
ok, one, most of these movies had bigger budgets than MK or they used practical effects and not CGI. Yes the OG was better than this. I actually watched the OG last night just to make sure. If you make a fighting movie and dont have any memorable fights, i'd say u failed in your movie. The scorpion vs johnny cage and liu vs reptile fights still hold up to this day. New MK only had the scorpion and sub zero fights and even those were hella short. Every other fight was short as well and seemed more like a compilation than anything. Thats why you're supposed to have a tournament so u can flesh the fights out.