Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I think the Scorpion dude should have played shang tsung,,,,,

Hiroyukik-Sanada-Scorpion-Mortal-Kombat.jpg

I still think shang tsung looks like Mr chow :heh:

leslie_chow_400x400.jpg

1618954494_MK%20Shang-Tsung.jpg
That dude who played Shang Tsung will always be the squealer dude from the Dark Knight to me :heh:
tumblr_om97budJuV1txc190o1_500.gifv

9a84bf3cc03c77b28d564d5374def609.640x266x1.jpg

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I'm a huge MK fan and I was largely disappointed in this movie. If the tone and atmosphere of the first 13 mins were replicated throughout the film, we could have had something epic. That first fight was amazing.

I do understand that they had limited budget and the film was quite short, and this was a large reason why I felt the film was poor overall. It is entertaining though.

Shout-outs to Sub Zero, Kano and Kabal. They were the best characters. Sub Zero was immense. Happy that Joe Taslim will appear in multiple MK films down the line. He played the role PERFECTLY.

Can we talk about general Reiko for a second? What the fukk man....

We were supposed to get this cool looking badass character that is meant to be a general to Shao Kahn

latest

Instead we got a slow looking retard with ZERO personality.

Worst character I have seen in any MK movie. Glad Jax put him outta his misery.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Was not a big fan. I wanted to like it too. The animated MK joint focusing on Scorpion is my favorite MK movie.

edit. This one. And I almost think it might not even be a property that translates well to live action.

Mk needs to be an HBO max series so the characters don't have to worry about time constraints. Budget just needs to be mostly needed when showing the environments of Outworld or netherlem. Into the Badlands or Night Becomes us or Raid series shows you don't need a crazy budget :wow::wow::wow:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm a huge MK fan and I was largely disappointed in this movie. If the tone and atmosphere of the first 13 mins were replicated throughout the film, we could have had something epic. That first fight was amazing.

I do understand that they had limited budget and the film was quite short, and this was a large reason why I felt the film was poor overall. It is entertaining though.

Shout-outs to Sub Zero, Kano and Kabal. They were the best characters. Sub Zero was immense. Happy that Joe Taslim will appear in multiple MK films down the line. He played the role PERFECTLY.

Can we talk about general Reiko for a second? What the fukk man....

We were supposed to get this cool looking badass character that is meant to be a general to Shao Kahn

latest

Instead we got a slow looking retard with ZERO personality.

Worst character I have seen in any MK movie. Glad Jax put him outta his misery.

The guy they got to play Reiko was miscast. He'd be better as Kotal Kahn, he looks a lot like he did before he became ruler of Outworld.

latest

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
it really wasnt. I went back to the 95' MK and damn. at the time I thought it was epic, but now I just realized it was PG13. no blood or nothing. hows that even possible for MK :wtf:
it was nostalgic, but it didnt age well. soundtrack still epic tho. but after watching that, and watching the new one, the new one is better. and before you mention 'advancement in technology' nah, 1995 i can think of a handful of movies with much better graphics for that time. just look at the way goro falls off that cliff :mjlol:

i wont call the old one trash cause it holds close to my childhood but man :huhldup:
then come back and watch this one.

It was bad breh. The way you feel about that movie is how you will feel about this one in 2045.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Watched with lowered expectations and enjoyed it. :ehh: My nikka Joe got busy and Mileena :whew: shyts is alright. As someone who used to play MK games years ago, I liked the little nods to their moves, I forgot Scorpion can blow fire :ehh:

Starting to think our minds have been poisoned by the thought of a film franchise universe being created when most movies are just lucky to sprinkle in the tidbits for a sequel, not a universe.

Y'all in here using logic to explain plot devices and shortcuts :mjlol: B-b-but if Raiden can teleport anybody then why not Kung Lao :sadcam:

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
The guy they got to play Reiko was miscast. He'd be better as Kotal Kahn, he looks a lot like he did before he became ruler of Outworld.

latest

I get what you're saying but I don't think he should have been cast for anything lol. He was that bad. Tbh even Raiden was pretty shyt to me. The way he spoke like he had a fukking speech impediment. No authority. He's supposed to be an elder God...
:scust:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I get what you're saying but I don't think he should have been cast for anything lol. He was that bad. Tbh even Raiden was pretty shyt to me. The way he spoke like he had a fukking speech impediment. No authority. He's supposed to be an elder God...
:scust:

For sure. The games set the bar too high. The games have better stories now than most movies, better fights, cinematography, story, etc. its hard to do it justice.