Official Mortal Kombat Thread

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Breh when he finally got his powers I was like "THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR? :why:"

Got this man dressed in a Party City Goldar costume :scust:

Movie was garbage and I had low expectations
Ayo man's looked like a cheap armoured titan
4fb751d385b9b101a729881241a09227.png

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I get he has WB/New Line telling him what to say and he try his best to sell it, but that is simply wack.

Sonya and Jax could of easily been that surrogate protagonist.

Willing to bet he's lying. Supposedly the main protag in the drafts was Cage but the studio didn't want a cocky white guy beating up Asians and being the "white savior" so they told them to come up with a non-white lead. They came up with Cole Young when they could've just let Liu Kang/Kung Lao be duo protags. That or like you said, make it a Jax/Sonya movie and eventually they run into the Cousins

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand why all this time Shang Tsung had his team in the gym and Raiden was just chilling knowing they lost the last 9 tournaments. Then wanna go and find the chosen ones like a week before it’s time to start.

plus if he’s an old ass god that’s been around for centuries and can teleport anywhere why didn’t he just go get cole, Jax, Sonya, etc. bring them to the temple and train them up?

bro really wasn’t using his powers at all smh.

Just give me a sub zero movie

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I don’t understand why all this time Shang Tsung had his team in the gym and Raiden was just chilling knowing they lost the last 9 tournaments. Then wanna go and find the chosen ones like a week before it’s time to start.

plus if he’s an old ass god that’s been around for centuries and can teleport anywhere why didn’t he just go get cole, Jax, Sonya, etc. bring them to the temple and train them up?

bro really wasn’t using his powers at all smh.

Just give me a sub zero movie

they always make raiden a dumb ass god ever since post mk3. hes always been written dumb. probably was doing dumb ass shyt back then to i just dont recall off the top of my head.:mjlol:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
movie was OK. fukks with the fight scenes. Although :stopitslime: @ having a fight at the Pit stage and nobody gets tossed off that bytch

Kano and Sub-Zero killed their roles. Everybody else was mid to wack

Didn't even realize Mileena was that thick watching it. I love this site lol

and lastly wtf @ Kano and Goro being killed before the first MK tournament. I guess they said fukk the source material and they gonna freestyle their own story.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I thought this movie was going to be straight trash but I thought it was actually alright. Solid 7, I enjoyed it and watched it until the end

The video game lore is fukking TRASH, so im glad they went with an original route. Hopefully the next movie is better, but this one is defitnitly better than mk2. Not sure about mk1 tho

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Man y’all motherfukkers ruined the movie for me :martin:

Got me watching it the whole time waiting to see Mileena’s PHAT ASS :whew: (are they setting up a revenge angle with Kitana next time? :jbhmm:)

Movie as a whole was :ld:

I get the CW corniness y’all talked about but honestly the worst thing was that Cole and his weird ass upper body armour wasn’t even necessary to conjure up for this film :gucci:

Potentially gonna be like Venom: first film wasn’t as great as expected, but the second movie will kill it, and have the character(s) we wanted to see to begin with :yeshrug: