Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
damn, writer greg russo said they were forced to add cole. nikkas had no choice and it shows.
Yea I heard about this. I heard China financed a good chunk of the movie and forced them to put Cole in this and hold off on Johnny Cage (who was hilarious in the newer animated movie) until the "sequel":beli:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Just started watching Warrior on HBOMax. Noticed Joe Taslim (Sub Zero) in this as well.

These the same dudes that did Banshee. Joe got way too many connects. WB needs to stop bullshyttin and either let him get his people from out east to do it or get these people from Banshee :whew:

banshee was the best show I’ve seen in a while

binge watched that like a year ago

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don’t understand why all this time Shang Tsung had his team in the gym and Raiden was just chilling knowing they lost the last 9 tournaments. Then wanna go and find the chosen ones like a week before it’s time to start.

plus if he’s an old ass god that’s been around for centuries and can teleport anywhere why didn’t he just go get cole, Jax, Sonya, etc. bring them to the temple and train them up?

bro really wasn’t using his powers at all smh.

Just give me a sub zero movie
he didnt want to upset the elders :troll:

so what if the other team cheated for the past nine tourneys and literally if you get your ass bust one more time you outta here, gotta play straight up by the rules :troll:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don’t understand why all this time Shang Tsung had his team in the gym and Raiden was just chilling knowing they lost the last 9 tournaments. Then wanna go and find the chosen ones like a week before it’s time to start.

plus if he’s an old ass god that’s been around for centuries and can teleport anywhere why didn’t he just go get cole, Jax, Sonya, etc. bring them to the temple and train them up?

bro really wasn’t using his powers at all smh.

Just give me a sub zero movie
Another thing that made no sense was him teleporting Cole home after quitting like a bytch for not unlocking his "arcana" and after Cole beats Goro (which was utter bullshyt. I thought this nikka was the new Stryker with those police batons and bulletproof vest. Super power is a cop :mjlol:) Raiden pulls some shyt outta his ass like "Yea....I knew you would send Goro to unlock Cole's power so I could teleport him back here" Like nikka really?

I want a Sub-Zero vs Scorpion clan movie the rest of that shyt can be thrown in the trash.

Last edited:

Goonba

Ay
Daps
Reppin
LA
I was going to hold off on watching this until I could watch it with my girl, but the Mileena wagon comments in here had me curious :jbhmm:

I was skeptical "There's no way it's actually as fat as they're saying it is :beli:"

It is brehs. It's as fat as they're saying it is. :whoo: I felt so bad for the dudes who had to stand behind her and be serious in scenes :pachaha:

And i gotta say, her acting was whatever, but the Sonya Blade actress actually kind of looks like the original Sonya Blade model from those og Mortal Kombat games. Good casting

Kano had me dying the whole movie, and Jax did his thing with that fatality. Aint he the same dude who was/is on Supergirl? Dude can't help but pawg :skip:

Kabal's fighting style was fukking clean too. He had the dopest powers IMO, and Liu Kang should have had a bit more screen time.

Cole was easily the worst part of the entire movie. He is a walking L that puts on an ed hardy long-sleeve shirt as his ultimate power FOH :camby:

Sub-Zero and Scorpion were easily the best parts of this movie. GET OVER HERE!!! will never get old. Ever.

Overall I'd give it a 6.5-7/10. It's rough around the edges, but you can see the potential if they can tighten up the acting, the editing and the narrative focus in future sequels.

I read some folks in here saying they should have went full marvel and had 2 or 3 movies introducing everyone, and then have the 'big one' be titled Mortal Kombat and I agree. They could have spaced out all of those shyts on HBO Max to keep people invested in the platform long term.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
he didnt want to upset the elders :troll:

so what if the other team cheated for the past nine tourneys and literally if you get your ass bust one more time you outta here, gotta play straight up by the rules :troll:
That's what the fukk I'm saying :mindblown:

They been cheating but you say you can't get involved for real. dude this is the last fukking chance. The fate of Earthrealm is at stake man please gtfo with that integrity bullshyt. I would zapped that flying bytch out of the sky.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
That's what the fukk I'm saying :mindblown:

They been cheating but you say you can't get involved for real. dude this is the last fukking chance. The fate of Earthrealm is at stake man please gtfo with that integrity bullshyt. I would zapped that flying bytch out of the sky.
I like how they so chill this shyt is last chance U for earthrrealm and yall are about to be farmed as tarkatan food for millenia :mjlol: