Official Mortal Kombat Thread

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I disagree about having an extra 30-45 minutes to build up the story. It was already long at 1hr 50m. The whole Cole Young subplot could have been cut out.
I follow a snyderverse page on fb and people on there are claiming this was WB short changing a director in run times again cause it should have been 3 hours :mjlol: the biggest issue for me wasnt cole or no tournament, the editing was awful. I was fine with Cole because its our intro to the world. I think his powers coulda been a hell of alot better, and I hope hes first to die in the sequel to inspire scorpion to come back. But if its basically the set up to a universe its fine. 7/10 :yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:whew:
EzsqRLfXIAIM_r-

Mileena got that wagon :takedat:
Mileena was def packing an as crazy as any DR chick from NYC.....

Shooting her portal up....

Poor thing couldnt do the stunts with that ass :mjcry:

I got other ideas in mind :mjlit:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any quotes?
Mortal Kombat writer Greg Russo should brag about his Gamerscore

Why did you need to invent Cole Young, the new hero played by Lewis Tan?

The idea of a new protagonist predated my involvement in the project. So that was in the draft that came before me. And it was something that the studio wanted to put in the movie. And when I came in, I said, “OK let me work with this.” And the way it was originally written, nothing connected to the mythology. Bringing in a new character does two things: It gives the audience kind of a fresh set of eyes, allows them to walk into the world. It’s the easiest delivery system for all of that intense mythology. If you were to start with a Mortal Kombat character, they come in with their preset backstory and preset point of view. The problem with doing that is, in order to make that character work as a surrogate for the audience, we’d have to change parts of the character. I didn’t want to do that. I’d rather wait and introduce them correctly than try to jam them into the story and force them to be in a role that they really shouldn’t be in. So part of it was giving the audience a way in, and it was also allowing us to bring something new to the table. We felt there was precedent in Mortal Kombat, because every game, they bring in about seven or eight new characters. So my job then was to say, “We have this new protagonist. I’m going to make sure that he fits organically into the mythology, that he ties organically into it.”

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps

:dead:.

I know they make light that she's living in a dump. But this bych really living in a trailer park in Gary :heh:. What makes Kano think this trailer trash Sonya got millions much less 10 dollars to her name. Plus Kano had to front the plane just to get there

Sonya and Jax don't even look like there even on official Business. They living like some broke ass right-wing extremist that listens to Alex Jones all day coming up with wild theories and goose hunts in Sonya's little cramped up room like
tumblr_p0de19fN3a1wrraimo1_400.gifv
007.gif

Cranky Raiden slick the funniest character behind Kano

All he did was teleport in and complain:mjlol:

:hhh:nikka this IT??? These weak ass nikkas???

:hhh:The white bytch aint even got a tattoo why is she here? Oh my fukkin GOD bro we're gonna fukkin lose:stopitslime:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

:russ: how fukked up was Raiden to give Cole the:camby: Knowing Cole probably hasn't won a meaningful fight since the Obama administration. Teleporting him right back to his family knowing Shang Tsung got all these outworld goons plus a ninja assassin with Superpowers on his ass wanting to kill him all because of a birthmark

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also :dead: cole's abilities were straight trash. He basically gained a poorly nitted sweater that can absorb damage and create :trash: tonfa's.

Breh when he finally got his powers I was like "THAT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR? :why:"

Got this man dressed in a Party City Goldar costume :scust:

Movie was garbage and I had low expectations

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Goro is the greatest cHAMPION

Br h the game storyline is just as inconsistent as this trash
The absolute worst ones were in mk 11
Johnny Cage beating shinok an elder god and Cassie Cage beating an enhanced shinok....after she and her team got the beating from subzero .. :mjlol:
Johnny giving scorpion and subzero the beats at the same time
:mjlol:
Not even just game mechanics :mjlol: