Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
straight from Rafe himself

I really wasn't going to address the foolishness but I'll speak my peace and let it be. When you create an opportunity for people and provide them with a platform that they can use to springboard themselves off of to create other opportunities for themselves and they don't that is not your fault. Almost two years have passed and if all you used this platform for was to acquire free clothes and party for free then don't blame me when that train ride comes to an end and you find yourself holding nothing. All I can do is get you in the door but you have to work the room. My back is broad enough to carry the weight of the world but I can not and will not carry n*ggas. I wish everybody the best... ‪#‎MoneyandViolence‬
This made me :heh:

So reminds me of Jay/Beans and 50/G Unit when had there falling outs.

Its so weird to see this outside of the rap game :wow:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I see Boone being a chess piece for Ray to play. He isn't smart enough to think on his own, he needs to have a purpose and his purpose is follow Ray. He sees Ray making money pulling girls being the man in the club and he wants to ride the wave.
"Yeah, you feed me... But I'm my own man":dame:

That boy ain't long for this world.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
2 people have said they aren't allowed to use their platform for bookings or other projects, so this doesn't make sense.

Edit: actually you have to pay Rafe 10 percent and his manager 15 percent of anything you do using your money and violence name. I.e. "Mister from M&V will be at such and such club tonight". Basically giving them 25 percent of your money for nothing.

Snake behavior but that's entertainment :manny:

Where did u get that from:francis:

Rafe said All actors were paid for season 2
When they was doing the media circuit before it aired.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
It's 2 totally different entertainment environments though. LaVar Arrington can make money off his name without the Redskins. "Chyna" or "Mister" cannot promote themselves without the name. They shouldn't have to pay 25 percent of profit basically due to greed. You can't say you're giving opportunities when in reality you're only offering opportunities for a price. Especially when you're waxing poetic about how loyal of a person you are every chance you get.

I would bet anytime Lamar Arrington does any type of appearance he's introduced as former redskin or nfl player. Let's see the receipts on this 25% you speaketh of

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not surprised that these characters have 360 deals. What leverage do they have?
NONE OF THEM CAN ACT.
These aren't professionals people. There are at least two less popular webseries that have better acting.
The writing makes these characters.
If you don't have any training or prior acting experience, you should take your lumps now in hopes of parlaying this into something greater.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it but It works that way with young rappers not actors. I'm certain the actors from the wire were free to work on any other show or project they wanted as long as it didn't interfere with shooting for the wire. I used to see them on other shows all the time. They didn't have to pay David Simon a cut of their money either

How they're going about this is a typical 360 deal. No matter what someone does, the label makes money from it. Any lawyer/agent who's worth a damn wouldn't let their client sign that
I though this was to do with actors using their likeliness.

It's the equivalent of Chris helmsworth going around making appearances as Thor.

Obviously movie studios/execs would want their cut.

Or are we saying rafe is stopping them from making appearances as themselves as in their God given nsme?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I though this was to do with actors using their likeliness.

It's the equivalent of Chris helmsworth going around making appearances as Thor.

Obviously movie studios/execs would want their cut.

Or are we saying rafe is stopping them from making appearances as themselves as in their God given nsme?
He's stopping them from making appearances period without giving him a cut, at least in the case of Chyna. He won't let them make appearances or promote themselves as "Real Name aka _____ from money and violence". They weren't trying to go on other shows as their character, as far as I know. If I wanted to book Chyna as a girl in a music video, Rafe and co would take 25 percent of what I pay her.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's stopping them from making appearances period without giving him a cut, at least in the case of Chyna. He won't let them make appearances or promote themselves as "Real Name aka _____ from money and violence". They weren't trying to go on other shows as their character, as far as I know. If I wanted to book Chyna as a girl in a music video, Rafe and co would take 25 percent of what I pay her.
That's all the way fukked up. Someone @this at rafe. We need answers

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
The 360 deals are fukked up. nikkas shouldn't be complaining about getting killed off the show is called money and violence you either die or go to jail nobody is gonna walk off into the sunset

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Lo-key niccas was feeling Mista hardest out the cast....and they semi started fleshing him out with an anti-gun policy. Rafe did him dirty...but I dont know the inner workings. Dude actually came off somewhat humble in the few social network vids and posts I've seen since the show started popping. I'm sure there's more to it.