Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
straight from Rafe himself

I really wasn't going to address the foolishness but I'll speak my peace and let it be. When you create an opportunity for people and provide them with a platform that they can use to springboard themselves off of to create other opportunities for themselves and they don't that is not your fault. Almost two years have passed and if all you used this platform for was to acquire free clothes and party for free then don't blame me when that train ride comes to an end and you find yourself holding nothing. All I can do is get you in the door but you have to work the room. My back is broad enough to carry the weight of the world but I can not and will not carry n*ggas. I wish everybody the best... ‪#‎MoneyandViolence‬

Anyone who holds their own...have no other choice but to respect it.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
straight from Rafe himself

I really wasn't going to address the foolishness but I'll speak my peace and let it be. When you create an opportunity for people and provide them with a platform that they can use to springboard themselves off of to create other opportunities for themselves and they don't that is not your fault. Almost two years have passed and if all you used this platform for was to acquire free clothes and party for free then don't blame me when that train ride comes to an end and you find yourself holding nothing. All I can do is get you in the door but you have to work the room. My back is broad enough to carry the weight of the world but I can not and will not carry n*ggas. I wish everybody the best... ‪#‎MoneyandViolence‬
2 people have said they aren't allowed to use their platform for bookings or other projects, so this doesn't make sense.

Edit: actually you have to pay Rafe 10 percent and his manager 15 percent of anything you do using your money and violence name. I.e. "Mister from M&V will be at such and such club tonight". Basically giving them 25 percent of your money for nothing.

Snake behavior but that's entertainment :manny:

Last edited:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
2 people have said they aren't allowed to use their platform for bookings or other projects, so this doesn't make sense.
I'm guessing that after the fall out is when they get legally shut down. If they stick to the script and accept their pennies they can make all the club appearances they want.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
My thing is this. Money and violence is NO LONGER A PLATFORM. This is how some of these folks eat man. Do you hear Lee Daniels saying Jussie you should have used this platform? Do you hear the wire saying to Snoop you should have used this platform. Look, we all know this is Moses baby and i respect that. But im not sure he realizes that Money and violence is more than just He, Shane, MIz and Kane. Im not saying keep all the characters. Characters get written off all the time but this is my opinion. I think all the actors should be paid for their season 1 work. And i think any made outside of the show should go to the actors. Whether it's hosting parties or selling t shirts. Let them EAT. Mista should have gotten a lawyer. Season 3 i guarantee you contracts will be signed .

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota

they can use but remember chyna said rafe gets a percentage and then management gets a cut. I think 15 percent. She felt that management shouldnt get a cut.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they can use but remember chyna said rafe gets a percentage and then management gets a cut. I think 15 percent. She felt that management shouldnt get a cut.
Neither one of them should get a cut. If a promoter calls me directly and books me, why would I give Rafe or HIS manager a cut of something they didn't earn or have anything to do with. Especially 25% off the top.

Let's say she booked another show for $100k total. Not using the name Chyna at all. Why would she have to pay them $25k? For putting her on a show 2 years ago? The manager is trying to use 360 music deal tactics on actors. It doesn't work that way.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neither one of them should get a cut. If a promoter calls me directly and books me, why would I give Rafe or HIS manager a cut of something they didn't earn or have anything to do with. Especially 25% off the top.

Let's say she booked another show for $100k total. Not using the name Chyna at all. Why would she have to pay them $25k? For putting her on a show 2 years ago? The manager is trying to use 360 music deal tactics on actors. It doesn't work that way.

But it does welcome to shoe business

It's fukked up but that's show business. I'm sure the same thing happened to the wire cast despite popular belief.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's amazing how openly slimy Black is, and yet folks continue to fukk with him thinking he won't do them dirty :mindblown:

This dumbass choppa even suspected as much as Black stashing after the exchange, so he clearly sees him for he is, but lo and behold Black manage to talk his way out.

I don't even know if I'm supposed to be disgusted or impressed by these feats. It's almost like this nikka taking candy from babies out here.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But it does welcome to shoe business

It's fukked up but that's show business. I'm sure the same thing happened to the wire cast despite popular belief.
I get it but It works that way with young rappers not actors. I'm certain the actors from the wire were free to work on any other show or project they wanted as long as it didn't interfere with shooting for the wire. I used to see them on other shows all the time. They didn't have to pay David Simon a cut of their money either

How they're going about this is a typical 360 deal. No matter what someone does, the label makes money from it. Any lawyer/agent who's worth a damn wouldn't let their client sign that

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Either way, Mister is going about this all wrong. He should be getting that 75% AND be trying to get in the door of another gig. And the fact that he's giving up spoilers to the show looks a lot worse than his beef with Rafe. He might be fukking up opportunities he could've had elsewhere with this shyt.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I get it but It works that way with young rappers not actors. I'm certain the actors from the wire were free to work on any other show or project they wanted as long as it didn't interfere with shooting for the wire. I used to see them on other shows all the time. They didn't have to pay David Simon a cut of their money either

How they're going about this is a typical 360 deal. No matter what someone does, the label makes money from it. Any lawyer/agent who's worth a damn wouldn't let their client sign that

This is pretty common man. Not long ago, the Redskins pulled the plug on one of LaVar Arrington's local youth camps just because the ad said something like, "former Redskin LaVar Arrington." :yeshrug: LaVar was pissed and ranting on the radio about it, but these cats are about their money.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is pretty common man. Not long ago, the Redskins pulled the plug on one of LaVar Arrington's local youth camps just because the ad said something like, "former Redskin LaVar Arrington." :yeshrug: LaVar was pissed and ranting on the radio about it, but these cats are about their money.
It's 2 totally different entertainment environments though. LaVar Arrington can make money off his name without the Redskins. "Chyna" or "Mister" cannot promote themselves without the name. They shouldn't have to pay 25 percent of profit basically due to greed. You can't say you're giving opportunities when in reality you're only offering opportunities for a price. Especially when you're waxing poetic about how loyal of a person you are every chance you get.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
It's 2 totally different entertainment environments though. LaVar Arrington can make money off his name without the Redskins. "Chyna" or "Mister" cannot promote themselves without the name. They shouldn't have to pay 25 percent of profit basically due to greed. You can't say you're giving opportunities when in reality you're only offering opportunities for a price. Especially when you're waxing poetic about how loyal of a person you are every chance you get.

:heh: C'mon breh, of course they can't prevent LaVar from using his government name. But my point is that I don't think situations like this are all that uncommon. Only difference here is that Rafe isn't a corporation. I mean, if a guy like Poot from the Wire was getting jerked by HBO, would he even bother making a video about it?