Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
I get that Rafe was trying to humanize Archie by giving him a narrative, but that same thing could've literally been conveyed in one scene. He could've been in a restaurant or some shyt with a main character, gave enough dialogue to convey that he was a good guy turning his life around, then got shot as he stepped out to go in the car. It didn't need to take the whole season. But at the end of the day Rafe isn't a veteran screenwriter or anything so it's understandable.

As far as Tai...his death was inevitable but I always figured they were saving him for next season cause they know he's a fan favorite character. I figured they would introduce another character that he was cool with in Flatbush and enough time would pass for him to feel like the coast was clear. Like they could've associated him with the nikkas that robbed Miz and had him spinnin them to get at Shane or whoever else. His death was way too anticlimactic. At the least he deserved one more scene trying to talk his way out of it.

Another thing that's funny though is that as much as Rafe likes to drive home points...Shane's character is pretty much as cautionary a tale as you need. Making small time money, has a guy who just stopped being scared yesterday as his right hand man, his brother is lowkey scheming on him, and he has beef with like three shooters who know where he lives. Plus he has one body over his head with another possible if Shay thinks he did Tai. What a shytty life. If Rafe ever wanted to convey a message to the youth, it's Shane's character. And all of it happened within the natural flow of the story.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I dig the contrast between Miz and Renaldo, as far as how they tried to bounce back from big losses. Renaldo was too concerned with trying to solve the jux, while Miz just hustled even harder to get back even.

Renaldo is a solid dude, but he overthinks a lot of shyt.

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dig the contrast between Miz and Renaldo, as far as how they tried to bounce back from big losses. Renaldo was too concerned with trying to solve the jux, while Miz just hustled even harder to get back even.

Renaldo is a solid dude, but he overthinks a lot of shyt.
:ohhh:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
All y'all niccas is screen writers now:mjlol:
Oh the pacing and the writing and the character development is off ass niccas:mjlol:

:stopitslime: nikka why you on ig giving away plots

Guess it's over for mister

:dwillhuh:

Damn Rafe is beefing with all the actors now. :dead:

Random, but did any of yall peep that scene with Ray and Boone shot in the daytime? shyt had a totally different feel. It was all bright and sunshiney

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

Random, but did any of yall peep that scene with Ray and Boone shot in the daytime? shyt had a totally different feel. It was all bright and sunshiney
With me just knowing how niccas is. I bet this is over mister tryin to count other niccas pockets.

H.S.

All Star
Daps

Yeah, it looked like they were in a whole different area. I mean that as far as the M&V universe goes. I don't know anything about Flatbush.

Sidenote: At the beginning of this season 2, I didn't see Ray being this good of a charachter. He's been better than Mister and Tai so far. Only Leon is better imo.

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
Oh the pacing and the writing and the character development is off ass niccas:mjlol:

Why he look like he in jailhouse bunk :mjlol:

But I liked Mister. I would get a good laugh from him whenever he was on. Sugar Kane :mjlol:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs

:snoop:
The exact same thing thats happening with Respect Life
Fan favorites getting killed off cuz they having "beef" with the creater :smh:

Daps
I been said Black is the worse. Jessica is also terrible .
Worse:
Black
Jessica
Boone
Victor
Reynaldo

Best:
Ray
Chopa
Br, Fresh and General
Barz and Kane
I like boone. He is your typical anti social awkward shooter type. Not really a talker. He just stays in his element and plays his position. He is the best type of nikka to have around as long as he respects your gun game :usure:If not eventually a nikka like ray will end up being food. Killas only truly respect other killas

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL

I knew situations like this would have started happening as the show went on, not surprised about him and old Chyna.....

I saw this coming from a mile away......

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs

venom718nikkaZ TRYING TO DO ME LIKE THEY DID @MASTERSTUFFIN, SMH,
AND NOT PAY ME, OH NOOO

:snoop:

Should've saw this shyt coming. Not to sound like a c00n(this is the coli) but black people can NEVER work out simple shyt once money is involved.

IDK whos in the wrong, rafe or the cast, but all I can say is I bet that new Chyna aint missing no checks :mjpls: