Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate that I'm a week behind. I wanna peep the thread but it's hard for me to resist opening spoilers. Thats how I found out Joe died before I saw the episode. If someone knew of a rip or somewhere online its already up and wanted to notify me, I wouldnt be upset. :ehh:

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
Shorty got that mojo p*ssy, any nikka that gets close to her gets bodied :sadcam: damn Archie :mjcry:

Tai got off-ed quick lol

Why Rafe n Miz didn't just mask up and put on the batman voice, and go in the laundromat :ld:

General is one idiot don :mjlol:

The hispanic actors are the worst :francis:

BR doesn't recognise the name Miz? :dwillhuh:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
So I just watched episode 1 of the second season. The quality jump from an aesthetic perspective is quite large, you can tell the budget done increased. However jesus fkin christ the acting is like 5 times worse than last season specifically from Jessica and Black. Black straight up is the worst actor on the show no human talks and moves around the way this nicca does.

I been said Black is the worse. Jessica is also terrible .
Worse:
Black
Jessica
Boone
Victor
Reynaldo

Best:
Ray
Chopa
Br, Fresh and General
Barz and Kane

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I don't know why cats insist on stories going a certain way. Real life doesn't work that way, which is why M&V works.

Come on now. It's not even close to real life. Miz is basically a serial killer now . It's a good program but not one of the characters been arrested which is impossible in NYC now .

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been said Black is the worse. Jessica is also terrible .
Worse:
Black
Jessica
Boone
Victor
Reynaldo

Best:
Ray
Chopa
Br, Fresh and General
Barz and Kane
Na. The new chyna has got to take the cake.
I actually like the Mexicans spitting the 48 laws of Monte Christo.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Come on now. It's not even close to real life. Miz is basically a serial killer now . It's a good program but not one of the characters been arrested which is impossible in NYC now .
What does that have to do with my point about cats looking for Shane to exact revenge angle on Tai? :dahell:

I've seen niqqas thirst to clap some a$$hole only for that a$$hole to get dealt by someone else for an altogether different reason. Story likes don't always end with need "I paid him back" endings

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Just caught the episode. I haven't read any posts so here are my thoughts:

It was an action packed episode but...

THIS IS WHY I WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THE SLOW shyt EARLIER!! Rafe needs to learn pacing. I'll give him this, the Black/Choppa situation felt like it was paced appropriately. Hell, even the Shane/Ray story was cool. but this was the worst payoff for the Tai situation ever. Homie been chillin for like 8 eps and NOW the connect wants to kill him!??! shyt was dumb and not rewarding at all. Way to waste a whole season of character development. :camby:

In a way it felt like "No Country for Old Men"

The Archie storyline had a dumb ending too. I guess Rafe wanted to preach some more but it didn't make sense and could've waited.

Besides that, I'm still tuning in every week like :lupe: I'm STILL a fan. Now I'll go read everyone's posts

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Just caught the episode. I haven't read any posts so here are my thoughts:

It was an action packed episode but...

THIS IS WHY I WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THE SLOW shyt EARLIER!! Rafe needs to learn pacing. I'll give him this, the Black/Choppa situation felt like it was paced appropriately. Hell, even the Shane/Ray story was cool. but this was the worst payoff for the Tai situation ever. Homie been chillin for like 8 eps and NOW the connect wants to kill him!??! shyt was dumb and not rewarding at all. Way to waste a whole season of character development. :camby:

In a way it felt like "No Country for Old Men"

The Archie storyline had a dumb ending too. I guess Rafe wanted to preach some more but it didn't make sense and could've waited.

Besides that, I'm still tuning in every week like :lupe: I'm STILL a fan. Now I'll go read everyone's posts
how much more could you develop Tai's character? He was scared to handle Shane on his own and snitched then laid low. plus, he wasn't even from Flatbush. He had. No reason to run into Shane again. Since when have snitches stayed actively in the open? :dahell: nothing about his character allowed him to be nothing more than a snake that slithered back into his hole

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Man I was coming in thread to specifically post this.:beli:. I gotta think there was an issue where he couldn't be around to record scenes or was asking for more money or something. Him and Leon have been drastically cut from the storyline

That's what I been saying for weeks breh. But low key, I think the dude that plays Tai thought this shyt would never blow up and when it did, didn't want the attention. He wasn't using the show to pump his IG like other brehs.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
how much more could you develop Tai's character? He was scared to handle Shane on his own and snitched then laid low. plus, he wasn't even from Flatbush. He had. No reason to run into Shane again. Since when have snitches stayed actively in the open? :dahell: nothing about his character allowed him to be nothing more than a snake that slithered back into his hole

From a writing stand point they could have taken it a bunch of ways.

Tai singlehandedly....
...started the Leon and Shane beef, which led to Gunna getting shot
...put the boys on Shane, which led to him hiding out at Joe's, which led to him losing a shoebox full of money
...brought Shane to Reynaldo, which led to Reynaldo getting robbed
etc.

The only situation that was resolved was the last one and the payoff was wack for it. If they were gonna let Reynaldo kill him then it would have been much better if Reynaldo found out he was lying before bodying him. The way it played out seems like Rafe was like "Oh shyt, I need to Tai (tie) this storyline up real quick." (don't even ask me how #bars)

But what's really DOPE about the writing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is...
...the fact that Miz robbing Reynaldo is the exact reason why he's sent to teach him a lesson. Also, if he bodies Reynaldo then the debt now becomes his... A debt he created in the first place. :banderas: