Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:
Is it possible Archie survives?..:ld: I guess I get Rafe's extremely heavy handed message but dude was shoehorned into the story so hard that it almost serves no purpose. Nobody else is even going to care. There has to be more to his story.
That was my issue with it. It was forced in there for no reason and wasted a lot of air time building up his story. I was thinking it was going to end up Bars or Archie had something to do with the death of her baby father somehow. Would've made for a better story line. What rafe did he could've done with anybody walking to the store and getting hemmed up and killed for no reason. Just have one of the main characters on the scene to see it happen

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also don't agree with getting rid of Tai. he wouldve been a good draw when it comes to a bigger platform. anyone that's different from the typical "wolf" type is getting killed off. Wouldn't be surprised if Leon also goes.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:patrice:
Is it possible Archie survives?..:ld: I guess I get Rafe's extremely heavy handed message but dude was shoehorned into the story so hard that it almost serves no purpose. Nobody else is even going to care. There has to be more to his story.
I don't agree. His value may show more after his death when the media will likely use his record against him and it gets people riled up.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moises/Rafe is like the new Spike Lee with all these heavy handed messages.
I don't really enjoy it, but I understand & respect why he does it. He's trying to use his show as a platform to create larger dialogues.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

I kinda wanted Shane to resolve that Ty situation. I always wanted Ty to get bodied but the way it happened this episode feels anticlimactic.

I get what happened to Archie. Felt sloppy though. Meanwhile "nikka, fukk parole!" Barz gets to keep doing what he's doing :mjcry:

Great episode though.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tai and Leon provided great comedic relief but Im not really surprised. Their characters have started to become irrelevant now that Shane's focus is on Ray/Boone. Black came up off the birds, how many of them was it 2 or 3? And he selling them to dude in Atlanta for like 40 a piece.

TI is on his way to NY for the birds. Black has to make the sale before he leaves. Problem is the old dude who connected Black to TI is Rafe's man. He told Black he doesn't like shady business so at some point he's gonna speak to Rafe and line him up. The old dude needs to make the sale to get his cut but afterwards Black can die. Rafe already got the money for the birds so it all works out.

TI gets his drugs
Old dude gets paid
Rafe gets revenge

I told yall that simp would try to check Kane:mjlol:

All the Jamaicans are good actors. I'm guessing their lines aren't written. They get a script but translate it to patois on the fly so they can speak naturally.

Show your cards to your enemy Shane:snoop:

Choppa stay taking L's and letting his pride set him up for more :ufdup:

BR observing things :obama:

NYC Rebel

Daps
TI is on his way to NY for the birds. Black has to make the sale before he leaves. Problem is the old dude who connected Black to TI is Rafe's man. He told Black he doesn't like shady business so at some point he's gonna speak to Rafe and line him up. The old dude needs to make the sale to get his cut but afterwards Black can die. Rafe already got the money for the birds so it all works out.

TI gets his drugs
Old dude gets paid
Rafe gets revenge

I told yall that simp would try to check Kane:mjlol:

All the Jamaicans are good actors. I'm guessing their lines aren't written. They get a script but translate it to patois on the fly so they can speak naturally.

Show your cards to your enemy Shane:snoop:

Choppa stay taking L's and letting his pride set him up for more :ufdup:

BR observing things :obama:
those Jamaicans are horrible. They talk too much. The spectacle of their dialect is more fascinating to viewers than reflecting real Yardie talk. Most Jamaicans I know who watch the show can't stand their parts. :russ:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know why cats insist on stories going a certain way. Real life doesn't work that way, which is why M&V works.
Entertainment isn't real life though. The reality is good but you still need to try and feed some of the masses. A lot of those dead episodes would've been a lot better with Tai and Leon making more moves.

Even still,
doing off with any character who isn't a strong arm in the street
isn't exactly real. There are a lot more snakes and snitches walking around than there are Rambos. Especially at Rafe's age. there should be a balance.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't agree. His value may show more after his death when the media will likely use his record against him and it gets people riled up.
Yh I thought the same about the record
those Jamaicans are horrible. They talk too much. The spectacle of their dialect is more fascinating to viewers than reflecting real Yardie talk. Most Jamaicans I know who watch the show can't stand their parts. :russ:

Tbh they don't sound Jamaican when they speak. BR sounds Jamaican. Either way it's nice to get diversity. Miz's accent is funny, sounds like jocelyn

NYC Rebel

Daps
Entertainment isn't real life though. The reality is good but you still need to try and feed some of the masses. A lot of those dead episodes would've been a lot better with Tai and Leon making more moves.

Even still,
doing off with any character who isn't a strong arm in the street
isn't exactly real. There are a lot more snakes and snitches walking around than there are Rambos. Especially at Rafe's age. there should be a balance.
I don't get your point. There are so many people I knew coming up that many wanted dead but someone else got to that person first. Folks in here are looking for "exacted revenge" because it happens often in film. But in real life it doesn't always work that way. Which is why I had no problem with how Tai died

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
FINALLY someone gives Rafe a "Rafe Speech":pachaha:
someone mentioned it but the struggle playing with the kid:heh:

Tye had to go, too many mistakes with killas . Miz kills random nikkas willy nilly, Shane ain't reckless but WILL lay something down and the Cartel on his ass. Hell, Kane might have had smoke if he saw him

Only part I didn't get was why couldn't Miz have wore a mask to punish him? He could have shot him in the hand and said " (Cartel dude, his name escapes me) says pay your debts, the next one straightens out your lining" and left. Instead you take on a unknown debt AND disobey the plugs orders??:dahell: