Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
maybe i wasn't paying attention but it didn't register to me that those dudes who took Miz' shyt were supposed to be minors. they could easily pass for Shane/Ty/Kane's age range to me. when Rafe was like "he's a kid" i was like :patrice:"he is?".

they could've made it more obvious. but again, maybe i wasn't paying attention to a piece of dialogue or something.

regardless though your show is about grimy ass people making their way by any means. it's called money&violence. why be surprised that fans expect violence over money

anyways, i feel like Rafe may have had the 3-4 previous episodes written at once, cause they were below average for the same reasons but then all of a sudden this one had all the criticisms in mind. the scenes moved fast. the dialogue wasn't OD. there was action. like night and day. hopefully he keeps this formula in mind the rest of the series.
It was stupid to be honest and made no sense. They were popping bottles and drinking in the club, strip clubs are way more strict with ids then regular clubs because so many guys show at once. NYC is super strict on strip clubs after Shawn Bell especially in hood spots .

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This episode was legit and that Spanish chick look real familiar. I swear this chick worked at sovereign bank in Philly and had the biggest ass ever. That have to be her.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
It was stupid to be honest and made no sense. They were popping bottles and drinking in the club, strip clubs are way more strict with ids then regular clubs because so many guys show at once. NYC is super strict on strip clubs after Shawn Bell especially in hood spots .
"Security" at that gambling spot was also an unrealistic joke. I've been to several dens in BK. Niqqas patting you down AND got some beefy niqqa watching shyt inside.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
"Security" at that gambling spot was also an unrealistic joke. I've been to several dens in BK. Niqqas patting you down AND got some beefy niqqa watching shyt inside.

Exactly there is gambling spot in Chinatown and you get the heavy pat down and you have to remove your jacket before entering. No way would be a spot be that lax .

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Disagree it's not close to the wire at all, if it was where is the cops? There should be a squad of Jimmy MCNutty and Lester Freeman's on their trail by now . It much closer to SOA, Miz and Kane both had bang outs in broad daylight . Black was stupid enough to put them onto a jewelry store where there was no chance they could pull it off. Them considering it was insane.
I live in Brooklyn and shoot outs in broad day happen all the time, I can think of two in Flatbush off the top of my head.

^^^^ That happened like 4PM in the afternoon, mind you that happened in the Junction which is really busy during that time of the day.

There was another shooting that happened across the Street from that chicken Spot on Flatbush & Foster but I can't find anything about it online, I remember cause it went to the Chicken Spot shortly after it happened, just missed it :whew:

It happens in other hoods in BK as well.

So Miz getting away with shooting people on quiet side blocks and in the lobby of tenement buildings isn't far fetched :yeshrug:

As for your point about the cops, M & V doesn't have copy the The Wire to a tee to be similar, cops probably don't have a major role in M&V cause of budget restraints. The Wire and M&V seem to aim for realism, with minor tweaks for entertainment purposes, SoA is just GTA in TV form :pachaha:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I live in Brooklyn and shoot outs in broad day happen all the time, I can think of two in Flatbush off the top of my head.

^^^^ That happened like 4PM in the afternoon, mind you that happened in the Junction which is really busy during that time of the day.

There was another shooting that happened across the Street from that chicken Spot on Flatbush & Foster but I can't find anything about it online, I remember cause it went to the Chicken Spot shortly after it happened, just missed it :whew:

It happens in other hoods in BK as well.

So Miz getting away with shooting people on quiet side blocks and in the lobby of tenement buildings isn't far fetched :yeshrug:

As for your point about the cops, M & V doesn't have copy the The Wire to a tee to be similar, cops probably don't have a major role in M&V cause of budget restraints. The Wire and M&V seem to aim for realism, with minor tweaks for entertainment purposes, SoA is just GTA in TV form :pachaha:

I used to live on Cortelyou and Ocean. Would eat at Cam Tek all the time where they used to film st. :heh:

I hated over there by the 20s and church. :scusthov:

Soon

Banned
Daps
Respect Life is better

These are 2 different shows, Respect Life is your standard crime drama. Dudes selling drugs, beefing, and crew'd up. Plus Respect Life focuses on older dudes, and all of them are like 10 - 20 years in the game.

In M&V you dealing with mostly young brehs, most of the folks in Mizz/Rafe circle are young cats.

Respect Life is cool, but M&V is coming from a different angle. Rocboy Empire and Terms does the "old heads" storyline better than Respect Life.

And M&V is doing the young brehs storyline like City of God, so its pretty good.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
These are 2 different shows, Respect Life is your standard crime drama. Dudes selling drugs, beefing, and crew'd up. Plus Respect Life focuses on older dudes, and all of them are like 10 - 20 years in the game.

In M&V you dealing with mostly young brehs, most of the folks in Mizz/Rafe circle are young cats.

Respect Life is cool, but M&V is coming from a different angle. Rocboy Empire and Terms does the "old heads" storyline better than Respect Life.

And M&V is doing the young brehs storyline like City of God, so its pretty good.
nah bruh

Respect Life just more natural plus its plenty of young nikkas. Mane, Tyreke, Malik, the youngins, etc...

And M&V season 1 was basically the same thing, just about some jack boys instead of drug dealers