Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if Murda is playing himself, I give him props for being able to project believability on camera. Nas had the chance to do it in Belly and failed miserably so that's the bar I hold most rappers turned actors to. Be better than Nas. Look like you at least trying. That Backpage shyt had me :russ:

Miz I can tolerate but his delivery is [Miz] HORRIBLE, MY nikka.[\voice] *eyes widen slightly for emphasis*

Renaldo (that's Laundry dude name right?) wouldn't win any awards, but he seemed better in season 1. Now he sounding real gay to me. Maybe he's gay in real life and is getting more comfortable in front of the camera and forgetting to act? :ld: His man is slightly better than Black. Black? :scusthov:

Joe the character and the dude that plays him need the shyt smacked out of him. Mufukka sounds like a retard. So are they really gonna carry it like he didnt snitch? Well how the fukk DID he get out then? Since the boys didn't pick up Ray and his man I think they gon carry it like he didn't snitch. :aicmon:

Rafe is aight. He annoyed me in season 1 tryna drop jewels on everybody in every scene he was in. Didn't he drop some unsolicited advice on Joe last season? I was like this street nikka even tryna school 9-5 nikkas on they moves now? :pachaha:

Shane aint terrible but yall buggin with that 'best actor on the show' stuff. I think Kane is better by a hair.

The old Chyna was ass. The new Chyna is ass. The scene with new Chyna telling her girl how she was feeling dude she lined up for Rafe and Miz was cringe worthy. I'm like are these bytches supposed to be friends?? Both their expressions the whole convo was alternating between :wtb::beli::jbhmm: I aint mad that Rafe prolly smashed/smashing both tho :sas2:

I didnt get the Leon taking pics with the hoverboards thing tho.

I spent the 1st 13 years of my life in Flatbush BK and I gotta read the subtitles for the jamaicans. :yeshrug:I could prob get the jist without reading...but I be wanting to know what they saying lol

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you have a problem with the catch phrases, my guy?

BBOg66l.gif

Gustavo J

Pro
Daps
Leon was funny as hell in episode six. Goya Beans :mjlol:

Just realize that this show has a ridiculous amount of catch phrases:

"Call me Choppa, Shay." :stopitslime:

"fukk Parole! I did ten years!" :birdman:

"Pffft, that ain't even like you Joe." :francis:

The way Bars say "fukk Parole" i believe every word. I never been locked up but at this point
nikka fukk PAROLE!!!

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Rafe is aight. He annoyed me in season 1 tryna drop jewels on everybody in every scene he was in. Didn't he drop some unsolicited advice on Joe last season? I was like this street nikka even tryna school 9-5 nikkas on they moves now? :pachaha:
:dead: :dead: :dead: I think you're right.
Season 1 this nikka rafe was dead ass giving speeches to people we only saw in one scene the whole series :laff:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I think Rafe is doing the right thing by taking ownership of his own show which he creates and writes. People saying he shiesty for cutting Chyna out, well let's be real here. Anyone ever heard or seen her on any show besides this one? She is not some trained actor who is in demand . This show got her more exposure than anything she ever did, she should have gotten an agent and manager if she wants to be taken seriously long term. All of them should exactly if they think acting is going to take them far.

Choppa, Ty, BR, Fresh and General are only guys that can act. Kane is okay so throw him in that mix, the rest are horrible. Jessica is pure trash when she is on the show. Shay is the best female actress on there.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Now on to the Joe situation I don't buy it. His boy was with him when the DTs stop them and question them about Shane, he said nothing there and then called Shane that the boys were after him. He then holds Shane down by letting him crash at his place for days, holding heat and work there and saying nothing. So why would his boy question his loyalty after that? The cops would have been on him and his man if he told on them. Plus his stupid friend shot that guy in front of multiple people with cameras out front.

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
Everyone signed the paper work and Rafe is getting royalty off the streams on Tidal by himself, no one else sees money. So you can't say its impossible. People signed the paper work and realeased their rights to season 1 in general, and M&V specifically.

Rafe talks all that kumbaya nonsense, but at the end of the day its just business. And I believe it happened the way Chyna explained, cause Rafe explained he had a hard time getting Bam Vito to give up his rights to the theme music. Rafe said he felt Bam Vito should have just signed the paper work, but rappers been getting jerked forever by those business men who try to get you to see them as the "We are the World" types.

Buisness is buisness, so I don't knock Rafe. But his moves are less than honorable, and he showed he is more than willing to do anything for success. Show buisness will always be a dirty buisness, but Rafe and his grimey management is showing them how its really done.

She walked away, and its crazy Rafe said she tried to sink the boat since she walked away so quietly.
I read this in Miz's voice lol

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Rafe is doing the right thing by taking ownership of his own show which he creates and writes. People saying he shiesty for cutting Chyna out, well let's be real here. Anyone ever heard or seen her on any show besides this one? She is not some trained actor who is in demand . This show got her more exposure than anything she ever did, she should have gotten an agent and manager if she wants to be taken seriously long term. All of them should exactly if they think acting is going to take them far.

Choppa, Ty, BR, Fresh and General are only guys that can act. Kane is okay so throw him in that mix, the rest are horrible. Jessica is pure trash when she is on the show. Shay is the best female actress on there.
As far as Chyna, that was the main issue. She wasn't allowed to capitalize off the exposure without giving Rafe 10% and his manager another 15%. People reaching out to her directly for appearances and events, and they wanted her to literally give them money for nothing. Rafe's manager is a music industry dude so he tried to approach the entire situation like the talent on the show were struggling rappers eager to sign a 360 deal.

It's just greed at the end of the day. I hope it doesn't bite them when it comes time to really negotiate and get on tv. These "'managers" will have you turning down deals because they feel their piece of the pie isn't big enough, and then everyone loses. Probably why this season took forever to get going.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone tell me outside of Money & Violence, what other show/movie the old Chyna is on?

Soon

Banned
Daps

That's not the point. Every single show pays actors/actresses residual checks for reruns and when the show goes into syndication. So lets not act like its hard to make sure everyone gets full piece of the pie for season 1.

Never in the history of television have they ever gave an actor/actress the owner of the show...but Every single show pays actors/actresses residual checks for reruns and when the show goes into syndication.

When Rafe made them sign those releases they don't even get paid off season 1, all the money from the streams on Tidal, YouTube, and Cloud9 website goes to Rafe. He tried to get Bam Vito that way, but he wasn't trying to sign a release where they would use his theme music and he don't get paid.

And to say that Rafe deserve all the fruits from season 1 is not the way business is done, he really just trying to get his. And Rafe feeling himself and management being management is nothing new. But he had to do a fund raiser just so the actors/actresses could get paid for season 2, while you know Lion Gate's is handling production and is paying Rafe and management. Sad part, Rafe passing off the fundraiser as being something noble.

But what's the chances Lion's Gate can get his show picked up by Cable or TV or Netflix, much better shows struggle in ratings. M&V is as niche as you can get.

On that Hot 97 interview, Miz was like they didn't want to force any deals cause all the work they did would be in vain, the work might not be in vain as of yet but all the work they did was free.

Chyna seems down to earth, and probably was trying to hit Rafe with straight talk, but Rafe is too shiest to be trying to hear it and chose to get rid of anyone he bumps heads about the way he moving.

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loaded up episode 6 on and got a minute in before going :dahell: i saw this last week. I been avoiding this thread for spoilers for nothin :snoop: