Official Money & Violence Season 2 Discussion Thread

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So rafe is sheisty?
I think his manager more so than him, but he is from Brooklyn so can't put it past him:yeshrug:

Making actors sign releases is a part of the game, but trying to make Chyna sign something that gave him 10% and his manager 15% of everything she did was shady business.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rafe definitely made it sound Alot different in the statement he released.

Alot of the shyt he doing is regular business but with the whole monikermoniker he created I.E grass roots, looking out for his people, makes it look pretty fukked up. You can tell the actors ain't seeing paper like that.

As for chyna, I find her strikingly beautiful. You can imagine though that she one of them females that just be talking and talking and talking and talking, even before her mind thinks. Rafe pretty much knew she speaks too candid to be given a gag like the rest of the cast.

Loud Still Coolin

Suppose be a IT cert like you coli nikkaz
Daps
Reppin
Certz Up ..... Hoezzzz down .....
He is enjoying himself, but there are better writers with better shows who did not enjoy longevity, and he has the hood of all hood shows which might or might not get picked up by Starz.

Is Lion's Gate even paying the actors, cause Rafe said he did a fund raiser just to be to pay them for season 2. I can see why Chyna felt some type of way, because Rafe is trying to get dudes to sign a release, which is pretty shytty. Season 1 SHOULD belong to everyone, but when he gave them the paper work Rafe was trying to make sure season 1 only belonged to him. He should have ONLY put paper work on folks for season 2 since they were dealing with Lion's Gate. He speaks all that love shyt, but he really cut throat. Even Bam Vito, he ran up on those dudes with a release form.

I wish Rafe well, but he did those dudes grimey by making them sign a release for season 1, and he is being picky and so choosy on what deals he is willing to sign that he screwed these dudes on getting paid for season 2. Lion Gates is on board and they still releasing it on YouTube. Rafe should have considered season 1 a pilot and took it to the next level.

:birdman:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He is enjoying himself, but there are better writers with better shows who did not enjoy longevity, and he has the hood of all hood shows which might or might not get picked up by Starz.

Is Lion's Gate even paying the actors, cause Rafe said he did a fund raiser just to be to pay them for season 2. I can see why Chyna felt some type of way, because Rafe is trying to get dudes to sign a release, which is pretty shytty. Season 1 SHOULD belong to everyone, but when he gave them the paper work Rafe was trying to make sure season 1 only belonged to him. He should have ONLY put paper work on folks for season 2 since they were dealing with Lion's Gate. He speaks all that love shyt, but he really cut throat. Even Bam Vito, he ran up on those dudes with a release form.

I wish Rafe well, but he did those dudes grimey by making them sign a release for season 1, and he is being picky and so choosy on what deals he is willing to sign that he screwed these dudes on getting paid for season 2. Lion Gates is on board and they still releasing it on YouTube. Rafe should have considered season 1 a pilot and took it to the next level.

This is impossible, and for legal reasons too -without tying everything up into years of paperwork trying to make everyone feel well off in an ownership stake. There has to be some sort of claim to ownership on the work. The only other recourse is to put it in the public domain and have it free for anyone to use.

Soon

Banned
Daps
This is impossible, and for legal reasons too -without tying everything up into years of paperwork trying to make everyone feel well off in an ownership stake. There has to be some sort of claim to ownership on the work. The only other recourse is to put it in the public domain and have it free for anyone to use.

Everyone signed the paper work and Rafe is getting royalty off the streams on Tidal by himself, no one else sees money. So you can't say its impossible. People signed the paper work and realeased their rights to season 1 in general, and M&V specifically.

Rafe talks all that kumbaya nonsense, but at the end of the day its just business. And I believe it happened the way Chyna explained, cause Rafe explained he had a hard time getting Bam Vito to give up his rights to the theme music. Rafe said he felt Bam Vito should have just signed the paper work, but rappers been getting jerked forever by those business men who try to get you to see them as the "We are the World" types.

Buisness is buisness, so I don't knock Rafe. But his moves are less than honorable, and he showed he is more than willing to do anything for success. Show buisness will always be a dirty buisness, but Rafe and his grimey management is showing them how its really done.

She walked away, and its crazy Rafe said she tried to sink the boat since she walked away so quietly.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Everyone signed the paper work and Rafe is getting royalty off the streams on Tidal by himself, no one else sees money. So you can't say its impossible. People signed the paper work and realeased their rights to season 1 in general, and M&V specifically.

Rafe talks all that kumbaya nonsense, but at the end of the day its just business. And I believe it happened the way Chyna explained, cause Rafe explained he had a hard time getting Bam Vito to give up his rights to the theme music. Rafe said he felt Bam Vito should have just signed the paper work, but rappers been getting jerked forever by those business men who try to get you to see them as the "We are the World" types.

Buisness is buisness, so I don't knock Rafe. But his moves are less than honorable, and he showed he is more than willing to do anything for success. Show buisness will always be a dirty buisness, but Rafe and his grimey management is showing them how its really done.

She walked away, and its crazy Rafe said she tried to sink the boat since she walked away so quietly.

Breh, read specifically what I bolded because I think you're taking this as a defense of the man when it isn't. Rafe legally can't give everyone part ownership of the work. He'd have to setup a company and then have everyone as an owner that way, or have had it declared before M&V was produced. Since it's all over Cloud9 TV that would be a massive legal hurdle to jump over. Are Chyna and all those other people part of Cloud9 TV or are they actors on the M&V show? Come on man.

Soon

Banned
Daps
Breh, read specifically what I bolded because I think you're taking this as a defense of the man when it isn't. Rafe legally can't give everyone part ownership of the work. He'd have to setup a company and then have everyone as an owner that way, or have had it declared before M&V was produced. Since it's all over Cloud9 TV that would be a massive legal hurdle to jump over. Are Chyna and all those other people part of Cloud9 TV or are they actors on the M&V show? Come on man.

Its not legally impossible, and no network has ever had to do anything so fancy to give people a piece of a show.

Once again, since kumbaya they have given people part ownership of a show, at least the part season they contributed to...so Rafe took the sheist route. So everyone should have had a stake in season 1. Instead Rafe gets all revenue from M&V.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohhh:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Leon was funny as hell in episode six. Goya Beans :mjlol:

Just realized that this show has a ridiculous amount of catch phrases:

"Call me Choppa, Shay." :stopitslime:

"fukk Parole! I did ten years!" :birdman:

"Pffft, that ain't even like you Joe." :francis:

Last edited:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Leon was funny as hell in episode six. Goya Beans :mjlol:

Just realize that this show has a ridiculous amount of catch phrases:

"Call me Choppa, Shay." :stopitslime:

"fukk Parole! I did ten years!" :birdman:

"Pffft, that ain't even like you Joe." :francis:

Do you have a problem with the catch phrases, my guy?