Official Money and Violence Season 1 Discussion Thread

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The Rastas on the show and their hierarchy pretty much reminded me how american cats really had issues fukking with their disciplined violence in the 80s. There was mad symbolism for hood niqqas when shorty clapped that dred on New Jack City. I was in the movie theatre watching niqqas cheering when she clapped dude. Real talk...Niqqas were scared of Jamaicans back then :heh:.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Thats the point of the series actually. in between all the scheming and violence, Rafe is trying to communicate the ideals of loyalty, honor etc.
Cats are so caught up into trying to label "NY Niqqas" when their dumb asses are too stupid to see that NY is a mesh of cultures who have their own dynamic.

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt how they did my man in the season finale part 2.. last 30 seconds of the series this season are some bullshyt.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I just started watching this show... Where is Mizz's accent from?

I'm 18 eps deep. So far Mistah is my favorite character. I wish Kane would man up but if his bytchassness keeps Mistah on the then I don't mind.

"Take me to the store!"

:dwillhuh: "How?"

"On your back, muthafukka!"

:laff:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I just started watching this show... Where is Mizz's accent from?

I'm 18 eps deep. So far Mistah is my favorite character. I wish Kane would man up but if his bytchassness keeps Mistah on the then I don't mind.

"Take me to the store!"

:dwillhuh: "How?"

"On your back, muthafukka!"

:laff:
He Hatian

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
:snoop: See that's what I thought at first but then for some reason I started thinking he was Dominican. I got a Dominican homie from Brooklyn that sounds like him.

I can't even pick out my Haitian brehs anymore. I thought Choppa was fake. :sadcam:
He do sound like a dominican trying to speak english too lol

NYC Rebel

Daps
I don't think I've watched a show in years that makes me legit hate some of its characters