[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Fighting Quiet was a boss battle as well. :JackThought:
Thinking about it now, we had:

Quiet
Metal Gear
Volgin
Several Skull battles
Eli
The tank battle at the end

That's actually not a terrible amount of boss fights. I think what they were missing was the soul the other boss fights in the series had. We were used to a dramatic build up and memorable speeches before, during, and after the fights. The game had the blue print to be incredible, it just didn't have enough meat to the story, or at least as much as we (the real fans) were used to.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Fighting Quiet was a boss battle as well. :JackThought:
Thinking about it now, we had:

Quiet
Metal Gear
Volgin
Several Skull battles
Eli
The tank battle at the end

That's actually not a terrible amount of boss fights. I think what they were missing was the soul the other boss fights in the series had. We were used to a dramatic build up and memorable speeches before, during, and after the fights. The game had the blue print to be incredible, it just didn't have enough meat to the story, or at least as much as we (the real fans) were used to.
If his new game Larry Strand doesn't deliver on what mgs 5 lacked he's done.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
No spoilers:mjcry:

Only 11 percent had the game since day one:sadcam:

Been playing it lately I'm up to ep 16 I have to upgrade my Fulton number 2 to lift trucks and shyt. I have to level up r&d I think it is.... How do I level up faster?

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Is the "definitive experience " worth it?

Going for 40 at gamestop.

Maybe playing ground zeroes and phantom pain consecutively could be a better experience. :mjcry:

Daps
Kojima did not waste money, he developed an entire engine that they are still currently using for PES, along side helping produce some non MGS games for Konami, and pushed out peace walker as well. He also sat on the board of directors for konami.

Fox Engine started in ~2010, after peace walker, We heard about "project ogre" in 2012. We got MGSV in 2015, and it came on 5 different platforms and ran well on all of them. Most AAA games coming out today take about that long and run iffy.

In contrast

GeoW 4 took 5 years
UC 4 took 5 years
GoW is still not out
Crackdown 3 is still not out
Horizon will be an estimated 6 years when its released (began in 2011).

You get the picture. Non annualized games, AAA games take time. And those are ALL exclusive.

The main problem was, Konami changed presidents, and then, changed directions as a consequence of that. Focusing more on mobile game development and yearly franchises (PES). Obviously MGS has NEVER been a yearly franchise so there was going to be a problem.

:usure:

Hideo Kojima Was Fired by Konami Because He Was "Too Expensive" - CraveOnline

According to The Codec podcast’s co-host Clayton Daley, an interview held with Muranaka by another podcast he hosts called Metal Gear Central shed some light on the reasons why the relationship between the publisher and Metal Gear creator soured, with the reasoning being that Kojima frequently over budget during the development of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

She said they paid for her to write 30-40 songs that ended up not being used, and he’d tell her to write another one, then another one, then another one, because he settles for what he likes and has a good mind for what people want to see and what people want to hear.

you can spin it however you want but kojima wasted shyt loads of money on stuff that didnt matter. Making sure a few polygons are in a higher resolution and wasting money on songs that dont even make it into the game are way less important than finishing the fukking story. He knew he could take advantage of his contract to milk as much money as he could from konami and eventually they stopped putting up with his shyt

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
:usure:

Hideo Kojima Was Fired by Konami Because He Was "Too Expensive" - CraveOnline

According to The Codec podcast’s co-host Clayton Daley, an interview held with Muranaka by another podcast he hosts called Metal Gear Central shed some light on the reasons why the relationship between the publisher and Metal Gear creator soured, with the reasoning being that Kojima frequently over budget during the development of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

She said they paid for her to write 30-40 songs that ended up not being used, and he’d tell her to write another one, then another one, then another one, because he settles for what he likes and has a good mind for what people want to see and what people want to hear.

you can spin it however you want but kojima wasted shyt loads of money on stuff that didnt matter. Making sure a few polygons are in a higher resolution and wasting money on songs that dont even make it into the game are way less important than finishing the fukking story. He knew he could take advantage of his contract to milk as much money as he could from konami and eventually they stopped putting up with his shyt

That stuff does matter, maybe not to his managers but the people that are kojima/MGS fans applaud and adulate those things and are some of the reasons they look forward to his games. Those things , and others, seperated MGS from games like Splinter Cell, when the latter arguably had better gameplay.

Daps
WuTJNxy.jpg

so there was a planned adult chico :wow:

zINyLZI.jpg