[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Daps
Just beat this. Game's a fukking mess. Sad af when I cant even tell if i got to the end or not. Last few missions were terrible too, they really made you play through that boring first mission again to tell you something you were supposed to figure out hours before. Hope the dlc makes the open world more interesting because the gameplay's too good to waste it on such a boring map with nothing to do. Really want an mgs 3 remake in fox engine too.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just beat this. Game's a fukking mess. Sad af when I cant even tell if i got to the end or not. Last few missions were terrible too, they really made you play through that boring first mission again to tell you something you were supposed to figure out hours before. Hope the dlc makes the open world more interesting because the gameplay's too good to waste it on such a boring map with nothing to do. Really want an mgs 3 remake in fox engine too.
Negative comments about metal Gear Solid will not be tolerated. :birdman:
Negged :scusthov:
:to:so much potential pissed away. This half game is still better than 90% of the games released this gen. Oh what could have been

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
im replaying this right now with reflex mode off :wow: completely different experience

really have to utilize all the game mechanics, i dont even fukk around on side missions anymore. Ill have bombardments and choppers coming in as long as i get a profit

i destroy literally everything on side missions just to make the regular missions easier cause when the bases are full strength its so easy to get murdered

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps

As a MGS stan, you made some fair points.

The gameplay was excellent, but ironically the story and the plot was terrible(something MGS has always been great at).

The whole idea of not even playing as Big Boss, but some dude who had his face made to look like the boss is stupid.

The battle against Sahelanthapus should have been swapped to the end, instead of all that shyt with quiet and those stupid voice bugs that made no sense.

There wasn't enough going on in the open world neither.

However, the gameplay and the graphics were still A+

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

What DLC? :dwillhuh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
As a MGS stan, you made some fair points.

The gameplay was excellent, but ironically the story and the plot was terrible(something MGS has always been great at).

The whole idea of not even playing as Big Boss, but some dude who had his face made to look like the boss is stupid.

The battle against Sahelanthapus should have been swapped to the end, instead of all that shyt with quiet and those stupid voice bugs that made no sense.

There wasn't enough going on in the open world neither.

However, the gameplay and the graphics were still A+
I agree with you on all points except the vocal parasites. I thought it was a great tie in to fox die in metal Gear Solid 1. It was sort of the prototype that made way for the fox die virus which was the perfect assasination tool.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you on all points except the vocal parasites. I thought it was a great tie in to fox die in metal Gear Solid 1. It was sort of the prototype that made way for the fox die virus which was the perfect assasination tool.

Seemed like a weak plot device to me.:ld:

However, I think we might be going a little too hard. Didn't Konami pull the plug on the project before they even completed it? Hard to make a truly great game if they cut the funding when you're not even done.

There was supposed to be another(even bigger) battle against Sahelanthrpus.

Daps
What DLC? :dwillhuh:

theres a co-op zombie dlc everyone was bytching about that got announced a while back. its called metal gear survival iirc

and now after playing the base game i really dont get why people are mad theyre making a zombie dlc when there are fukking zombies in the base game.Like theres even a straight up resident evil level

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Seemed like a weak plot device to me.:ld:

However, I think we might be going a little too hard. Didn't Konami pull the plug on the project before they even completed it? Hard to make a truly great game if they cut the funding when you're not even done.

There was supposed to be another(even bigger) battle against Sahelanthrpus.
The details weren't revealed but your right overall. The game was unfinished due to major disagreements between Kojima and konami. If memory serves me right, PART of the issue was the time Kojima was taking. Konami wanted the game to come out already and kojima was pushing to add more and more. Clearly the game was supposed to continue with venom facing off with liquid and psycho mantis, and possibly even finish with a reveal of solid snake and solidus. Unfortunately we'll never know what the plan was, just that we, the fans, were the ones that ultimately were punished for the two parties inability to come to a fair agreement. I always joke that the REAL Phantom Pain was us being left without the whole game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
theres a co-op zombie dlc everyone was bytching about that got announced a while back. its called metal gear survival iirc

and now after playing the base game i really dont get why people are mad theyre making a zombie dlc when there are fukking zombies in the base game.Like theres even a straight up resident evil level
Nah that zombie crap has nothing to do with the game at all. It's some garbage konami is throwing together to milk the name

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
considering all the money i heard kojima wasted on it i dont really blame them:ld:
The game we got was near perfection if it wasn't for the obvious fillers they added to pad an unfinished game. In the end regardless who was really at fault, konami will look bad for this simply because the game had so much obvious potential.