[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The feelings I have with this game are so conflicting. It's literally as close to flawless an open-world game can get for me. Incredibly deep gameplay mechanics, just the right amount of linearity/mission structure (without feeling like a hollow collect-a-thon like a Ubisoft game), focus on true stealth and speed to get S ranks and to tackle missions objectives in differing ways, the risk-reward element of juggling primary mission tasks and recruiting personnel for Mother Base. From that perspective, it's an absolute masterpiece.

As a Metal Gear game, it's lacking in lore and proper finality as has been covered in this thread. Had this game been wholly fleshed out, I truly believe it would have been the greatest action adventure game ever made. As it stands, I still think it's absolutely incredible and the only experience so far that has truly felt "next-gen". Easily my GOTY of last year, and a Top 3 (at minimum) Metal Gear game of all-time. I personally believe as time wears on and fans come to accept the whole ordeal between Kojima's departure it'll be recognized as an equal to Metal Gear Solid and Snake Eater.
Needed better boss fights

A final boss

And a better final mission.

Wtf was that shyt :mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It does have a final boss. Sahelanthropus.
The final mission with Quiet is extra. I liked the way they closed out her story:manny:
Shouldn't have thrown those extra missions in until the end.

Fight with metal gear
Parasite infection
Watch soldiers body themselves
Rework that garbage ass final mission

After game completion have extra missions unlock. fukked up the flow having them extra missions out of nowhere

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Shouldn't have thrown those extra missions in until the end.

Fight with metal gear
Parasite infection
Watch soldiers body themselves
Rework that garbage ass final mission

After game completion have extra missions unlock. fukked up the flow having them extra missions out of nowhere
I didn't do any of the repeat missions on my first play through. Now I'm going back and playing them and it feels like a dope new game plus mode to me since I didn't force myself to go through the pointless chore of beating them the first time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas still tryna talk about this booty ass game.

fukk outta here this shyt was trash nikkas give it up.

Uncharted 4>>>

*destroys thread and never comes back*

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You get some bullshyt secret cutscenes

Clowns like @Fatboi1 probably just watched it on youtube so they don't have to play.
stop it slime

Discovered in the PC edition of Metal Gear Solid V‘s files is a secret cutscene that no one has viewed in-game yet. In fact, no one may view it ever, as the 8-minute long cutscene appears to be a story reward for what is basically an impossible task: getting rid of all nukes in Metal Gear Solid V‘s multiplayer mode, Forward Operating Base. The cutscene commemorates the world disarming every single nuclear weapon on the planet, but also warns of the risk of just one person creating another nuke.

What makes this cutscene highly impractical is that nukes are extremely valuable in the Forward Operating Base multiplayer mode, as highly effective weapons to use to protect one’s base from other invading players. Triggering this cutscene, then, would require every single player participating in multiplayer mode to destroy their nukes, which would then (presumably) trigger the congratulatory nuclear disarmament cutscene.

Wasn't nobody getting this cutscene stahhhp it we all clowns cuz we hadda youtube it.