[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
The details weren't revealed but your right overall. The game was unfinished due to major disagreements between Kojima and konami. If memory serves me right, PART of the issue was the time Kojima was taking. Konami wanted the game to come out already and kojima was pushing to add more and more. Clearly the game was supposed to continue with venom facing off with liquid and psycho mantis, and possibly even finish with a reveal of solid snake and solidus. Unfortunately we'll never know what the plan was, just that we, the fans, were the ones that ultimately were punished for the two parties inability to come to a fair agreement. I always joke that the REAL Phantom Pain was us being left without the whole game.

dhMeAzK.gif

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Kojima did not waste money, he developed an entire engine that they are still currently using for PES, along side helping produce some non MGS games for Konami, and pushed out peace walker as well. He also sat on the board of directors for konami.

Fox Engine started in ~2010, after peace walker, We heard about "project ogre" in 2012. We got MGSV in 2015, and it came on 5 different platforms and ran well on all of them. Most AAA games coming out today take about that long and run iffy.

In contrast

GeoW 4 took 5 years
UC 4 took 5 years
GoW is still not out
Crackdown 3 is still not out
Horizon will be an estimated 6 years when its released (began in 2011).

You get the picture. Non annualized games, AAA games take time. And those are ALL exclusive.

The main problem was, Konami changed presidents, and then, changed directions as a consequence of that. Focusing more on mobile game development and yearly franchises (PES). Obviously MGS has NEVER been a yearly franchise so there was going to be a problem.

Last edited:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Gameplay still best of this generation. Game needed a better story and didn't have the boss fights the series was known for. Such a shame it got rushed out incomplete. :beli:

It had one: The battle against Sahelanthrapus.

That shyt had me like :gladbron:

When this music starts playing, and that big motherfukker starts chasing you: :merchant:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It had one: The battle against Sahelanthrapus.

That shyt had me like :gladbron:

When this music starts playing, and that big motherfukker starts chasing you: :merchant:

I thought this was a good boss fight as well. I stil haven't finish the game yet and I'm hearing now that Konami rushed this game out :snoop:

Last edited: