[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just completed Mission 45.

Game is over.

:mjcry:

Game was amazing man. Despite some flaws here and there, the overall game and it's beefiness was superb when it comes to gameplay and just scope. Gonna go check out these "missing ending" or content stuff I kept hearing about.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Sucks for you.

guess we wont be reading anymore of your posts on the following pages......
QbadP.png

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Just completed Mission 45.

Game is over.

:mjcry:

Game was amazing man. Despite some flaws here and there, the overall game and it's beefiness was superb when it comes to gameplay and just scope. Gonna go check out these "missing ending" or content stuff I kept hearing about.

I am not usually on the conspiracy tip but i feel like something is up. The structure of the game is just not kojima. since kojima started using the acts/chapter set up, he always has a prologue, 5 chapters and an epilogue.

1.5 chapters and no epilogue is just kinda weird.

And considering a good portion of the games cutscenes were revealed in this trailer:

which dropped in 2013, just makes me wonder wth were they doing over there to only have 1.5 chapters in this game?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I am not usually on the conspiracy tip but i feel like something is up. The structure of the game is just not kojima. since kojima started using the acts/chapter set up, he always has a prologue, 5 chapters and an epilogue.

And considering a good portion of the games cutscenes were revealed in this trailer:

which dropped in 2013, just makes me wonder wth were they doing over there to only have 1.5 chapters in this game?

Multiplayer and that fob trash taking up to much time probably.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I did every side op except the target practice ones. Those are so hard :damn: where are the targets?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

idk man 5 chapters for a game of this size?? You'd have to completely eliminate everything in the game to make it that long. Chapter 1 literally can take up to frigging 60 hours alone.
I beat the game in 86 hours. That's fukking long as hell man.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps

So they had the game on ice?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Well you can thank the people that was bytching about long cutscenes :manny:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
idk man 5 chapters for a game of this size?? You'd have to completely eliminate everything in the game to make it that long. Chapter 1 literally can take up to frigging 60 hours alone.
I beat the game in 86 hours. That's fukking long as hell man.

Not necessarily 5, but even 3 would make more sense. And considering data miners found a title card titled chapter 3: peace. I'm really :patrice: wondering just how much was "cut" and why.

So they had the game on ice?

if there truly is no more content coming, then I definitely feel like progress got halted somewhere. Maybe the new ceo shut shyt down when he first got there.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Level 6 CM homing rocket launcher with 4 missles :wow:

Extreme Mission 50 is so easy with this :wow:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Finished Mission 46.

Kiefer did a damned good job.

The ending seemed so abrupt. I felt like there was still some more to do. I read about the mission about Eli that was cut off. Thanks, Konami. But even still, I felt like this game could have been like GTAV with 60+ story missions.

It all makes sense that Venom Snake was the "phantom" of Big Boss. A good idea by Zero but still, as a gamer, I wanted to play as the legendary Big Boss one more time since this is the last game. Just seeing him in bandages and then on the bike with the cigar from Ocelot just left me feeling robbed of the opportunity. I understand the symbolism some people have said. Who/What is Big Boss? It isnt a person - it's a title. A legacy.

Ok, so we don't play as Jack, the original Big Boss - but we DO play as Big Boss - Jack hands us the PLAYER that title - this is Kojima's final MGS game, and, as a farewell present, he is giving US the title of Big Boss. That's why Jack says thank you. It's subtle, but it's from Kojima. Jack says that the medic was his his most trusted lieutenant - why was he? What's so special about him? It's because we've known Jack since his very first mission. That's why Venom Snake has Jack's memories - it's because we were there WITH Jack. It also fits with the canon too - it explains how Big Boss survived MG1s Outer Heaven ending - he didn't. Solid Snake killed Big Bosse's phantom - he killed Venom.

Also, Kiefer Sutherland did a damned good job. You can notice in the truth tapes how his voice changes as the real Big Boss. You can sense the chemistry with Ocelot as an old friend in those brief recordings. His performance in the "Man who Sold the World" tape speaking to Venom Snake, the medic and his best soldier from MSF, also was really powerful.