[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
SumBlackguyz step your game up friend. I've infiltrated 4 base setups. That 400k is gratifying

If you dont want to get robbed Set your guards to zero and leave it empty. No one will attack you but you can freely invade other bases and stack off them. Go for the core and get money instead of stealing crates
show me, friend

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
yeah, how do I turn off the online mode as well? I don't wanna deal with that bullshyt. the game already has plenty of stuff to do in it in its own right.
Well when you boot up the game if you're online it will automatically connect you...you can play offline through going to the menu screen and selecting "online disconnect" or something like that.

But keep in mind this really isn't preventing you from getting got by other players; you're just not getting the blow by blow update on what's going on.

I'll break it down:

• After that main story mission (I think Ep. 22) called "Retake the Platform", you are introduced to FOBs. This is where the game basically allows you to construct your first FOB free of charge; additional FOBs require MB points which can be earned through online gameplay or through micro-transactions;
  • If you do not construct your first FOB, (the free one) then this whole issue around dealing with rivals/other players will not arise;
  • If you do construct at least one, you will need to make sure that your FOB staff is well equipped and that you have sufficient security measures in place. If you're like me and you already developed all the weapons in the game, then your FOB staff will be a major problem for people considering coming after you;
  • Even though its annoying, if you're trying to get the nicest weapons and equipment, (raiden suit; most powerful semi-auto snipers; silenced .50 cal snipers; one hit kill rockets; tranq. pistols that penetrate glass and light body armor, infinite suppressor durability; auto shotguns; rechargeable stealth camo that's basically infinite; support heli. maxed out etc.) then you're going to be hard pressed getting your staff to the necessary levels to develop once you max out MB...adding additional staff/increasing your staff size makes this really easy to do;
  • As far as protecting it goes, I just said fukk it and maxed out the amount of security devices and soldiers I could put on all of the decks of all of my platforms, and I gave them the highest grade of all of my weapons (I'm assuming they have the strongest Battle Dress/Riot Suits on too). No one has successfully infiltrated me since I've done so...they either died in the process or bailed, in which case I went back and got their shyt. (I was never online or present when they tried); and
  • If you're like me, you should have your heroism around 500K which will mean that every other solider you scan will be S ranked in at least one field...so even if you lose some staff you can get em right back in about 10 minutes (my brig is full of em)
All in all if you don't care about getting all of the goodies, then don't worry about FOBs.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Ok brehs I can say this is pretty accurate because this is what I experience now:

Steam Forum Poster said:
I went thru game files and found that spawn rates are based solely on the level of Motherbase. When the combined level of your motherbase is 280 then S ranks appear on the map. Higher it goes the higher rank soldiers you'll see.

E.g. At Motherbase Lv.280 you'll get 5% C troops, %10 B, 20% A, 40% A+, 20% A++, %5 S in the field. It caps out around Lv.686 with 3% C, 6% B,11% A, 15% A+,35% A++, 30% S.

All Heroism does is increase your chances to get the highest rank soldier you've unlocked based on your Motherbase level as volunteers occasionally and it caps at 500k, past that it does nothing.

So to determine your MB level, just add all of the levels of your units and teams together. This is very accurate. I'm at about 510K heroism and after replaying main missions I get anywhere between 1 and 3 legendary soldiers (not every time...like every other time). My MB level is about 430 or so.

What I want to know is if you can get your staff leveled up to S++ if you play as a combat soldier on a mission. The game does notify you that the proficiency of the soldier you play as goes up but I haven't noticed a grade change...mind you I only did two missions with him and may just have to do more. Imma need 10 S++ combat soldiers before I do the "Rescue the Peacekeepers" mission.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I havenet picked this up yet...

I'm hearing rumblings that this game isn't finished and rushed in some parts is it true? Does it take away from the gaming experience?
One of the GOAT Games. fukk the haters
:wow:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
just saying with that swerve he tried to pull in the tapes with the dna test being 0% match. I wonder how liquid knows bug boss is his dad tho :ohhh:

get the true ending and then add two and two...It makes perfect sense why Ocelot said that to Venom Snake.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Y'all nikkas use spoiler tags or nah?
I don't really see many story spoilers going on in here tho. The FOB stuff isn't really spoiling anything for you.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I don't really see many story spoilers going on in here tho. The FOB stuff isn't really spoiling anything for you.

Mission 45

You have to keep Quiet alive for the whole story
Get Quiet to max bond
finish her side ops (Side Op 150)
never use the butterfly logo
Just put spoilers on the front page bruh.