[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I honestly don't know how the allotment of soldiers between mother base and your online bases works, but I do know that it mostly involves your security team. So watch where you put them.

If you start expanding the FOB into other platforms then you may want to consider monitoring your staff and other units/teams
Getting to the bridge to take you to the next platform hard as shyt with all these fukkboys everywhere.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Getting to the bridge to take you to the next platform hard as shyt with all these fukkboys everywhere.
Max out your noctocyanin and acceleramin and use them wisely. You'll be able to see through surfaces and enter reflex mode when you want. shyt helps for those missions.

And keep that damn sneaking suit on.

EDIT: practicing with the hand of jehuty and other arm configurements to see what would work best in infiltrations.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You still can lose staff in offline mode. When you get online the game will update you on any successful or unsuccessful infiltration attempts on your base(s).
then I'll keep it offline. I just want to finish the game without having to worry about all this extra micro-managing and fukkery

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
then I'll keep it offline. I just want to finish the game without having to worry about all this extra micro-managing and fukkery
True I did the same thing but you'll find it REALLY difficult to get your staff up to the higher levels necessary to develop the more powerful grades of weapons and equipment because you'll only be able to have like 700 staff members max through MB. Plus once you get more FOBs, you get a wider variety of deployment missions and rewards plus you will be swimming in resources.

If you don't care about that shyt then nvm lol.

And managing it is not too bad. But I don't like the fact that you could be doing a mission (or anything for that matter) and have to drop everything for some fukkboy fukking with your shyt. I also don't like them being able to get you're shyt even if your offline.

Hopefully Konami gets their shyt together.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
But I don't like the fact that you could be doing a mission (or anything for that matter) and have to drop everything for some fukkboy fukking with your shyt.
that's really what I want to avoid. I don't always have a lot of time to play, and I'd rather not have it interrupted with some other shyt

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
FOB is damn near impossible now. Everyone has fully developed bases with 4 platforms, 60 guards on each platform, 30 drones, 30 cameras, and everybody is
This dude says the story drops off in Part 2. :patrice:

:camby: Bushes :camby:
SumBlackguyz step your game up friend. I've infiltrated 4 base setups. That 400k is gratifying

If you dont want to get robbed Set your guards to zero and leave it empty. No one will attack you but you can freely invade other bases and stack off them. Go for the core and get money instead of stealing crates

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You still can lose staff in offline mode. When you get online the game will update you on any successful or unsuccessful infiltration attempts on your base(s).
thats probably why.

yeah, how do I turn off the online mode as well? I don't wanna deal with that bullshyt. the game already has plenty of stuff to do in it in its own right.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I havenet picked this up yet...

I'm hearing rumblings that this game isn't finished and rushed in some parts is it true? Does it take away from the gaming experience?