[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was going to do that with the tasks for the missions, but I'm just going to keep progressing through the story and the side missions.

I've literally no lifed this game since I got it on Monday. Ain't did nothing but play MGS5 and go to the gym this week :wow:

I think I'm on like Mission 18 or 19, but I've done damn near every Side Op in Afghanistan. I'm caking with bread from that, whenever it's time to upgrade it's nothing.

Now that my army is growing like crazy, I be on the prowl for the truck containers that hold a ton of materials so I can keep expanding my various departments.

All of my departments are like level 20 or higher.

I'm not gonna be able to play again til late Sunday though
:mjcry:
same here. I don't even feel like going out after work to eat even though I've been planning to do so for weeks at this one spot. I'm just at work thinking about the game all day. :snoop: I hope the online is as addictive when it comes out.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Games addicting but honestly this is not a metal gear main game that's fine shouldn't have been called V. They completely killed ocelot character , and bigboss isn't a boss outside of the tapes

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
that cutscene with Quiet

I finished the battle vs her with a lethal sniper rifle. I think you do get an opportunity to kill her though when she's laying there after a cutscene after you take all her health. the one guy back at motherbase was telling me to end her while I was walking up to her so I'm assuming I had a choice?

P.S a funny way to defeat her is to tag her through binoculars and then order a supply crate to drop in on her from above :russ:.
deadmanny.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games addicting but honestly this is not a metal gear main game that's fine shouldn't have been called V. They completely killed ocelot character , and bigboss isn't a boss outside of the tapes
How far are you? Just mission number please. I find this to be an evolution of MGS. I don't get the "this isn't MGS" points.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
How far are you? I find this to be an evolution of MGS. I don't get the "this isn't MGS" points. It's not like MGS 4.
Correct people don't understand that this nikka already built an army and lost it all almost died and is alive with one lung. He changed he is not "naked" snake he is "venom" snake and he is pissed off..
bustback.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How far are you? Just mission number please. I find this to be an evolution of MGS. I don't get the "this isn't MGS" points.
It's not a typical MGS game because this time there aren't any half hour long cutscenes to sit through every mission... I guess some people miss that aspect of this series.

:dead:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not a typical MGS game because this time there aren't any half hour long cutscenes to sit through every mission... I guess some people miss that aspect of this series.

:dead:
And there aren't no smoke break installation screens either. I can't tell you how many cut scenes I skipped on MGSIV.
I didn't even finish watching the ending lol.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
16 doubt the game magically changes, MGS3 will forever be the goat metal gear unfortunately
Well thats you. I already prefer this to snake eater by far. This feels like Snake Eater evolved so far.
And you're really early in the game too. I think nostalgia is clouding brehs mind. It's like dudes who say GTA SA is better than V knowing damn well SA feels dated and hasn't aged well.

Jazzy Jay

The Gawd
Daps
Reppin
The A
I would've preferred more cutscenes to the cassette tapes, but the game is still complete flames.

When you first rescue Emmerich and then escape from that damn metal gear... shyt was epic.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ocelot was killed when Kojima realized Liquid was too good of a character to have killed so quickly and chose to bring him back in the form of a possessed arm :scust:. The game is easily the best metal gear solid game and is doing a fantastic job filling in a lot of the remaining story gaps that a lot of people had questions about.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i feel like were getting the most cutscenes at the next half of the game.. when we get introduced to young Solid and Liquid.. not to mention Kojima loves to hide shyt storyline wise (Raiden MGS2)
been playing 2 days straight im only on 7%

Im so addicted Kojima just fukked my life up with this game :mjcry: