[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I disagree, I think this is hands down the absolute best Metal Gear Solid game and contender for GOAT game overall.
MGS4's gameplay was great through and through. The issue was that there wasn't enough of it. You really watched that game just as much as you played it. And especially the 1st Playthrough... you really were watching shyt more than playing it. And that sucks because the gameplay was better than any other MGS IMO... had the best control scheme by far.

MGS5 is the most content filled MGS game we've ever scene. And the gameplay is awesome.... and the STORY doesn't get in the way of the gameplay. You're really woven into the MGS Environment with this game. shyt is so seemless and beautiful. The attention to detail which has always been a staple of MGS is intact, the gameplay is there and plentiful, and the story isn't lost, it's just presented in a way that keeps focus on the most important aspect of all GAMES.... the gameplay.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Every one will have their opinions but imo this is mgs evolved. It takes a lot of things from mgs 4 and 3 and places it with peace walker game play.

only thing I wish it had was the battle drop that mgs4 had. Mgs4 really made you feel like you were in a war torn state in the first act. The opposing factions were fighting in the streets and you were just an old unbiased merc slithering through.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
If your killing bosses you a sucka

I realized I fukked up after I got the analyzer and saw that there was 2 health bars just like in MGS3, but I already killed skulls using the honey bee. :damn:

I was wondering why it was possible for me to CQC them, I was CQC'ing for like 10 minutes before blowing them up :shaq2: