[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
About the medical bay

how is Paz alive after GZ? I still don't get it. Can you "wake her up" from her amnesia or dissociative disorder?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
About the medical bay

how is Paz alive after GZ? I still don't get it. Can you "wake her up" from her amnesia or dissociative disorder?
They show you how in the flashback cutscene

As she was falling out of the Heli somebody from the other one across from you shot an RPG right as she was about to "explode".

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
About the medical bay

The twist is the bomb didn't go off and the helicopter behind her shot an RPG at you. So at the end of Ground Zeroes she didn't blow up, it was an RPG that hit you. She hit the water and lived and was recovered. you didn't see them zoom in on the other helicopter and show the RPG as she kept fallin un-blown up?
My bad @GoldenGlove explained

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
My very first MGS game and I love it.
I straight up deleted Witcher 3 from the hard drive after spending 30 minutes with this last night.
Gameplay is so ridiculously smooth and I already have a couple of clips recorded of dope, spontaneous action sequences.
So much material you can almost feel overwhelmed, but Kojima did a good job of explaining gameplay and kept the map reliable.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
My very first MGS game and I love it.
I straight up deleted Witcher 3 from the hard drive after spending 30 minutes with this last night.
Gameplay is so ridiculously smooth and I already have a couple of clips recorded of dope, spontaneous action sequences.
So much material you can almost feel overwhelmed, but Kojima did a good job of explaining gameplay and kept the map reliable.
If only Witcher had a fight engine as great as this :wow:

They might need to holla at some asians next time.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
MGS4's gameplay was great through and through. The issue was that there wasn't enough of it. You really watched that game just as much as you played it. And especially the 1st Playthrough... you really were watching shyt more than playing it. And that sucks because the gameplay was better than any other MGS IMO... had the best control scheme by far.

MGS5 is the most content filled MGS game we've ever scene. And the gameplay is awesome.... and the STORY doesn't get in the way of the gameplay. You're really woven into the MGS Environment with this game. shyt is so seemless and beautiful. The attention to detail which has always been a staple of MGS is intact, the gameplay is there and plentiful, and the story isn't lost, it's just presented in a way that keeps focus on the most important aspect of all GAMES.... the gameplay.

Yep. MGS's gameplay was just as you said, and MGSV just surpasses it. The controls are bout to the point that getting caught or dying or whatever is moreso due to either fukking up or the great AI rather than the controls getting in the way.

Are these missions really short or something or ya'll cats rushing thru the game or just playing like literally all day long? I put in a good 6+ hours just from the prologue and first mission. Mainly cuz I kept restarting the first mission over. Are you able to start recruiting during the first mission or not until afterwards? I didn't really see or hear of any options to do so during the mission. I only just beat the first mission last night and didn't even get to finish the cutscene after the rescue.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep. MGS's gameplay was just as you said, and MGSV just surpasses it. The controls are bout to the point that getting caught or dying or whatever is moreso due to either fukking up or the great AI rather than the controls getting in the way.

Are these missions really short or something or ya'll cats rushing thru the game or just playing like literally all day long? I put in a good 6+ hours just from the prologue and first mission. Mainly cuz I kept restarting the first mission over. Are you able to start recruiting during the first mission or not until afterwards? I didn't really see or hear of any options to do so during the mission. I only just beat the first mission last night and didn't even get to finish the cutscene after the rescue.
We no lifin this shyt nikka. No shyt shave or shower I'm 24houuurrrs

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I think you have to do a few missions before you can start recruiting. You definitely have to complete the first one and rescue Miller before you get the MB spill.

And I haven't rushed through this game, I get so greedy out there on missions that I'm extracting so much back to MB every time out. And if I get caught on some dumb shyt, I'll restart the checkpoint.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think you have to do a few missions before you can start recruiting. You definitely have to complete the first one and rescue Miller before you get the MB spill.

And I haven't rushed through this game, I get so greedy out there on missions that I'm extracting so much back to MB every time out. And if I get caught on some dumb shyt, I'll restart the checkpoint.

Word. Initially I was restarting the whole damn mission, didn't realize I could just restart at the checkpoints tho, so that helped quite a bit.