[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I got 15 motherbase points for logging in this morning. Haven't earned any thing from doing side ops yet.

MidniteJay

η„‘ζ•΅
Supporter
Daps
I read on neogaf that you need to start up Ground Zeroes and hit the upload save option before you can download your progress into TPP. I'll have to try that when I get home. They say TPP doesn't search for your old GZ save on its own, you have to upload it manually. This could be 100% incorrect though. I wont know until I check. Has anyone had any success transferring anything over from GZ?

It's correct. I did that when I saw the update for Ground Zeroes. Then when the servers were available for TPP I downloaded the GZ save. After doing a few missions I got one of the dudes I rescued on GZ and now he's available for my MB. High stats too.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
These Side Ops are just as fun as the Main Missions. :snoop:

I keep getting lost with time doing them. The R&D Target Practice one back at Mother Base is annoying as hell... but with me being a completionist, I couldn't stop until I found all the damn targets

:smh:

Whoever designed that one in particular is an a$$hole

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do yal extract everybody you knockout or are you guys selective with who you bring back to MB?

After of hours of playing I realized that the analysis lets me know if they have decent skills to benefit the team. Which is dope... but I also noticed that you get a few trophies for having the sheer number of recruits back there as well.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Do yal extract everybody you knockout or are you guys selective with who you bring back to MB?

After of hours of playing I realized that the analysis lets me know if they have decent skills to benefit the team. Which is dope... but I also noticed that you get a few trophies for having the sheer number of recruits back there as well.

I've been extracting every body just to get rid of the bodies. I got like 535 people on my motherbase complaining about it being crowded.

MidniteJay

η„‘ζ•΅
Supporter
Daps

If I see a C and higher I do everything I can to extract them. Putting an extra marker on them helps so that I don't go lethal with them if shyt goes south.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is the game as good as the reviews claimed?
I haven't read any reviews, but in my personal opinion, this game is one of those once in a lifetime gaming experiences.

It's literally an open world MGS game that allows you to handle encounters in a plethora of ways. I've poured in like 15 hours already and I haven't even been out of the 1st area of the game yet :wow:

Game is massive and loaded with content.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Whats the best way to level up the units on motherbase? Im only on mission 3 right now but I've done all the side ops so idk if it gets easier

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And is it normal to have done the 11th Episode before getting to 8, 9 and 10 :heh:

I literally was on my way to another Side Op and ended up walking right into Episode 11...

I'm referring to the Quiet Sniper Mission :ohlawd:
My Med Unit isn't strong enough for the tranq sniper though, so I couldn't knock her out just yet
:mjcry:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read any reviews, but in my personal opinion, this game is one of those once in a lifetime gaming experiences.

It's literally an open world MGS game that allows you to handle encounters in a plethora of ways. I've poured in like 15 hours already and I haven't even been out of the 1st area of the game yet :wow:

Game is massive and loaded with content.
Dope.... thanks.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whats the best way to level up the units on motherbase? Im only on mission 3 right now but I've done all the side ops so idk if it gets easier
Keep extracting people breh.

Also, look and see if you have the materials needed to expand your base, that improves your ranking as well and allows you to bring back more people.

All of my units are 8 and higher, with the highest being R&D which is at 11 at the moment.