[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Just to side track this thread a little bit, I walk into a store thinking that I would pick up a copy of the PS4 version of MGSV without reserving the game (smart on me right:snoop:) and of course, there were no copies left. What shocked me though was there was at least 30-40 copies of the XBOX ONE version of the game. I was like WTF?:dahell: Lol. There was even an XBOX ONE Collectors Edition up for grabs. If I was a desperate man, I would've grabbed it but I decided to order it online and hold out for a week. It's actually good for me as it gives me a chances to play Ground Zeroes a bit more before tackling this juggernaut of a game.:whew:
why not buy it form the PS store?

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
why not buy it form the PS store?

Because I want the physical copy of the game. I know that I would be able to play immediately if I download directly from the store but there is something about owning a physical copy of a game. I guess I'm somewhat old school when it comes to that. In any case, I'm not sweating it. I have so many games to hold me over till my copy comes so it's worth the wait for me.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
how do I get the side op missions not blocked off from iDroid?
I have saved Kaz, that's as far as I got last night.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You get her in Afghanistan. I ran into her doing the Huey mission, it was a surprise side ops mission and i ended up running into her on the map on accident. It's main mission 11 though

I'm trying to figure out when can i use her though? I just got DD in the field for some side missions

@Dirty Mcdrawz
Minor spoiler
I just heard she
leaves late game and you don't get her back.
I think It's probably better to stick with the dog.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I got up to mission 6 last night and did all of the side ops that were available. Real rap, I can't find a single flaw with this game yet. Even in free roam, searching through buildings is crazy. It feels like what I would imagine to be the closest thing to a real soldier in Afghanistan. Every door I go through I keep the gun shouldered and check the corners. I stay finding a ton of resources and every moment is tense but not too difficult. I finally ended up getting caught a few times but I just fell back a bit, rescanned the base and went to work snapping necks again. Every time I head out I make sure to use every Fulton I have before going back to mother base. I love the way they handle the tutorial portions and the pacing of the story is perfect. Those tapes are definitely a must to fill in a lot of the little gaps you may not remember from previous games too.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I hope there is a solid snake mask. I unlocked the solid snake skin but its the same low poly version that was in GZ. I want the mask that was in MGS4.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
WOW at the cutscene on the medical platform. Once you build the platform don't miss out on this OPTIONAL cutscene. Damn I got questions!

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Restarting checkpoints got me a little confused. Because it basically restarts the whole damn mission in my experience :dwillhuh: