Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Demo seemed cool, but one big disappointment for me is the fact that you can't run/jump/flip off walls. If you're gonna be a bad ass ninja you should be doing back flips and kicking people. Also a block/dodge button would have been nice. I'll wait to see more before I buy it

There is a dodge function; press jump, quick attack, a direction at the same time and he'll dodge to the left, right or backwards. There's also a block function; instead of pressing quick attack and a direction just before an attack to parry, press it slightly before that and he'll block instead of parry.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
this game stupid that dumb ass dog gave me that work like 10 times before i beat em

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just played through the demo once and...

:whoo:

This shyt is what action game heads need in their lives. The presentation is still MGS quality, but the cutscenes aren't MGS4 long. (Judging from the intro at least) The action flows nicely out of the cut scenes as well.

Gameplay is vicious and I see the potential in the combat system... Very dynamic. I can see it getting hectic on tougher difficulties.

Graphics are wonderful, :wow:

The vids don't do it justice. Feels as fluid as NG2. Can't wait til I master the controls and combat system.

:whew:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I feel as though peeps that aren't action heads may not be into it though. I like how it's a nice Platinum Games action title, but it's still got that MGS feel to it

:blessed:

Dawg, NG2 is my favorite hack/slash ever in life. I was mad when they took the blood out in Sigma 2. This game reminds me of that NG2 gameplay with the dismemberment :wow:

But this game has WAY more to interact with. I haven't bought a game at full price in over a year but this demo might make me break that streak and cop first day.

I can see myself putting mad hours into this joint. Platinum Games, I'm a get that Platinum Trophy

:lolbron:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Dawg, NG2 is my favorite hack/slash ever in life. I was mad when they took the blood out in Sigma 2. This game reminds me of that NG2 gameplay with the dismemberment :wow:

But this game has WAY more to interact with. I haven't bought a game at full price in over a year but this demo might make me break that streak and cop first day.

I can see myself putting mad hours into this joint. Platinum Games, I'm a get that Platinum Trophy

Yea I seen mad nikkas playing the demo lately and for a long ass time too. This, GOW and DmC got action heads :eat:

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States

Platinum Games has a horrible PS3 Trackrecord tho, you might wanna rethink that trophy shyt bruh bruh.... @Mowgli is Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I wish the bodies/robots didn't blow up. It's dope when the pieces stay like yeah I did that.