Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Demo seemed cool, but one big disappointment for me is the fact that you can't run/jump/flip off walls. If you're gonna be a bad ass ninja you should be doing back flips and kicking people. Also a block/dodge button would have been nice. I'll wait to see more before I buy it
That wall-running shyt is an upgrade. You can see it in action in one of the trailers.

There is a dodge. Press a and b at the same time. Wack ass dodge though.

Over half the moves and combos available to you are not taught in the tutorial.

Random: If you tap X and Y repeatedly while your in the air you will fly. It's a glitch.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The dog seems hard cause there's a lot of shyt going on screen. Don't let that distract you.

Just ignore half of that crazy shyt and just repeatedly tap forward and x when you think he's about to hit you. Then you'll parry. I do not try to time it exactly because he can hit you before you think you did it right lol So I sorta 'button-mash' the parry's when he's close and then I'll use the strong button when I think it's working.

I pretty much bum-rushed the dog and fukked his ass up with that approach.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That wall-running shyt is an upgrade. You can see it in action in one of the trailers.

Random: If you tap X and Y repeatedly while your in the air you will fly. It's a glitch.

:ohhh: I'll have to play through the demo again.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)

Are they leaving that glitch in the final build? That glitch was talked about when the early MGR demo was available with the Zone Of Enders HD Collection and it's in this demo (maybe these are the same demos?) it's a cool glitch, though.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I loved the demo but damn, you really need to master the parry and blade mode system quick, this game is somewhat unforgiving otherwise.
The game designers want Raiden to be played aggressively, that's why your blocks ain't really blocks and dodges, but a moving parry. They want you to play like Raiden was kicking ass in MGS4. This game ain't for the weak. Ain't no CQC in this. The hardest part is parrying and it takes awhile getting used to slicing those little red boxes. When you first play that sh!t is hard but if you practice you get better at it. The goal of the gameplay is 'to cut'.

Are they leaving that glitch in the final build? That glitch was talked about when the early MGR demo was available with the Zone Of Enders HD Collection and it's in this demo (maybe these are the same demos?) it's a cool glitch, though.
Nah. I doubt Konami would allow it to be in the Final Release. Theres a glitch sorta like this in DMC 4 btw but it's much harder.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I couldn't dodge in the demo (PS3)
Practice dodging by yourself or in training mode. It's like this game doesn't want you to dodge tho :laugh:

I never dodged during the wolf fight, just parry and attack, parry and attack. dash towards him when he backs off, parry and attack.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
images

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
nikkas having trouble with a dog, gonna have even more problems with Metal Gear Ray. :win:
Ray lookin like :leon: Who dat who datwhodatwhodat

:ufdup: Thats yo ass Ray. :smugdraper:
images

Im kinda mad i watched too much gameplay video i hope i havnt seen every boss this game has to offier.
images