Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
K I googled the answer

Phase 2, unlike in Hard and lower difficulty, can only proceed to Phase 3 ONLY if:
A) You reduce his HP to 99.2%
B) Wait for 2min30secs

Gonna wait the 2:30 since I'm not good at dodging and I can't pull of that jump kick that dude's doing without getting thrown. I NEVER dodge. I better learn how to do that shyt before I start playing revengeance. After I beat Very Hard mode I'm going back to normal or hard just to practice how to dodge.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

The replay value is pretty good IMO.

They give you cool special weapons and costumes to make the next playthroughs interesting. Also, the ramp up in difficulty is nice. The VR Missions are also a good challenge if you try to reach Gold status for all of them. My only complaint is how the saving and structure of the New Game+ is carried out.

It's kind of retarded but for me, after I beat the game on Hard, I couldn't just go on to Very Hard with access to my costumes/weapons in New Game+ unless I wanted to have everything suped up from where I left off in the first playthough. It lessens the experience when playing the game on a harder difficulty, when you play with all the upgrades.

So I started a fresh run on Very Hard, but they wipe out all the cash and weapons and make you start all over again.

:what:

That's dumb IMO. Oh yeah, and another stupid thing about this, is that they don't let you go back to the previous difficulty in the stage select after you start the next run on the harder difficulty. What I mean is, lets say you want to go after some easter eggs, or some trophies that you missed the first time through, but you already started Very Hard. When I would go to stage select, it would only let me select from the stages that I beat on Very Hard...

:pachaha:...:wtf:

So instead of having the luxury of knocking down the difficulty just to get some things you missed originally, they force you to replay them on whatever difficulty you're currently playing on. AND all the levels aren't unlocked because like I said, they only let you go to the stages you've beaten on your current difficulty playthrough.

I don't know if that's a glitch or what, but that shyt is dumb as hell.
There are three save slots. You can copy your first save slot to the other two save slots if you want to try out some stuff. For instance, When I want to try Revegeance, I'll experiment with my second save slot. If I can make it past the first level then I will keep this one as my main game. If I can't make it past the first level, it's okay because both my first and 3rd save slot is a new game that has no difficulty level chosen yet since I had just beat it.

This also helps with achievements as well so that you can undo stuff you did in your attempt just to get that achievement. After you get your achievement you could delete that save file and it wouldn't matter because the achievement can't be taken away.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Wow this dude straight up skipped the two wolves fight in Revegeance Mode.

Didn't think of that... Gonna try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There are three save slots. You can copy your first save slot to the other two save slots if you want to try out some stuff. For instance, When I want to try Revegeance, I'll experiment with my second save slot. If I can make it past the first level then I will keep this one as my main game. If I can't make it past the first level, it's okay because both my first and 3rd save slot is a new game that has no difficulty level chosen yet since I had just beat it.

This also helps with achievements as well so that you can undo stuff you did in your attempt just to get that achievement. After you get your achievement you could delete that save file and it wouldn't matter because the achievement can't be taken away.

See this is just too much :mindblown:

Once you go to another data slot it's like nothing is there though. I've tried it. It only allowed me to start over on Hard even though I've beaten the game on Hard and Very Hard.

Wow this dude straight up skipped the two wolves fight in Revegeance Mode.

Didn't think of that... Gonna try it.

Γ£Β€ΒŒMetal Gear Risingã€? Chapter R-00 (Revengeance Mode, No Damage, S-Rank) - YouTube

I did this as well.

To be honest, Revengeance isn't even that hard with the upgrades. I know it would be hell starting from scratch though.

:wow:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

See this is just too much :mindblown:

Once you go to another data slot it's like nothing is there though. I've tried it. It only allowed me to start over on Hard even though I've beaten the game on Hard and Very Hard.

I did this as well.

To be honest, Revengeance isn't even that hard with the upgrades. I know it would be hell starting from scratch though.

:wow:
In the game title menu, you can copy your save files. You can start any difficulty level and retain all your stuff on any of the three save files you made copies of. I don't know what your doing wrong but it works for me. I have the Xbox version.

It would be in your best interest to upgrade Sam's sword just for that fight since you'll lose the HF Blade by that time.
I've been had that sword upgraded. It feels like the third most powerful sword to me so far. First is Fox, second is Armor Breaker. Last Battle is easy once you go into infinite blade and ripper mode. The problem is when you have no sword. You can't go into blade mode and ripper doesn't phase that f@ggot.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In the game title menu, you can copy your save files. You can start any difficulty level and retain all your stuff on any of the three save files you made copies of. I don't know what your doing wrong but it works for me. I have the Xbox version.

I've been had that sword upgraded. It feels like the third most powerful sword to me so far. First is Fox, second is Armor Breaker. Last Battle is easy once you go into infinite blade and ripper mode. The problem is when you have no sword. You can't go into blade mode and ripper doesn't phase that f@ggot.

Are you talking about before Armstrong gets to his last form? When you're fighting him on the big ass Metal Gear?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Yeah.

I think there's a bug in my existing game that won't add the other two data storages even though I collected them so I'm starting a new game. Starting all over again don't bother me though cause this is a great game.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah.

I think there's a bug in my existing game that won't add the other two data storages even though I collected them so I'm starting a new game. Starting all over again don't bother me though cause this is a great game.

To unlock those trophies where you grab the storage items you have to finish the levels as well. If you just find them and then go back to the title screen you won't unlock the trophies.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

To unlock those trophies where you grab the storage items you have to finish the levels as well. If you just find them and then go back to the title screen you won't unlock the trophies.
I'm not doing that. I've went through the game on repeated attempts in every data storage location and they are all gone. It's really a bug.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally got around to trying the Jetstream DLC and :damn:

Blade Wolf was not fukking around on Revengeance

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This trailer epic beyond belief. Edited by Hideo Kojima.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8mjKZxccM][EN-US] The final trailer "cut" by Hideo Kojima himself! - [RISING] - YouTube[/ame]