Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
After the first level on very hard i was like, :whoa: and started playing another game.

When them two wolves came out I was like ah hell naw wtf is this sh!t....

But I beat them by strategizing my position. Fukking with the camera and target lock is a battle in itself once you start playing on Very Hard.

I was fighting Metal Gear Ray when I gave up last night. This nicca had me hiding behind a building when he started shooting them plasma cannons lol One hit takes off half of ya life.

Every time I was able to dodge a plasma cannon blast I felt like I was playing football, run one way, then juke the laser by running the other, then kick-sliding underneath it when it got too close.

This sh!t hard as fuk but dammit I'm intrigued.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
If you call Best Buy and say you lost your receipt with the Gray Fox code they will hook you up. Happened to me last week. I bought mine like a month ago right, they only had reciepts going a week back so the dude just randomly picked a code and gave it to me.

I'm on the sewer level now on Very Hard. Very Hard is not as hard as I thought it would be due to my upgrades. It was only hard because I couldn't go into Ripper Mode in the first place. So ironically, the hardest part of the game is the first part of the game on Very Hard and Revengance. I can probably beat this on Revengeance since I'm just going through mothafukkas like butter in Ripper Mode during Hard Mode.

I got my SUIT NICCCAS!!! I BE ON MY SUIT AND TIE shyt!!!

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
After you fully upgrade the Fox Blade it becomes the most powerful weapon in the game. I've been playing this on Very Hard and almost all enemies don't last a couple seconds with this joker. It cuts through armor like butter. You have to buy that 100,000 BP upgrade for this to work though. I beat Hard Mode as Gray Fox, gonna beat Very Hard in my Suit and Tie. :cool: I'm having issues trying to find the last two data storages and the last left arm chip.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
After Sony gave me that free 10 bucks, I copped that Jetstream DLC

:youngsabo:

I don't know when I'm a play it though.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How's the replay value? The reason DMC and NG were worth a cop is cause it was fun to go through multiple difficulties.

The replay value is pretty good IMO.

They give you cool special weapons and costumes to make the next playthroughs interesting. Also, the ramp up in difficulty is nice. The VR Missions are also a good challenge if you try to reach Gold status for all of them. My only complaint is how the saving and structure of the New Game+ is carried out.

It's kind of retarded but for me, after I beat the game on Hard, I couldn't just go on to Very Hard with access to my costumes/weapons in New Game+ unless I wanted to have everything suped up from where I left off in the first playthough. It lessens the experience when playing the game on a harder difficulty, when you play with all the upgrades.

So I started a fresh run on Very Hard, but they wipe out all the cash and weapons and make you start all over again.

:what:

That's dumb IMO. Oh yeah, and another stupid thing about this, is that they don't let you go back to the previous difficulty in the stage select after you start the next run on the harder difficulty. What I mean is, lets say you want to go after some easter eggs, or some trophies that you missed the first time through, but you already started Very Hard. When I would go to stage select, it would only let me select from the stages that I beat on Very Hard...

:pachaha:...:wtf:

So instead of having the luxury of knocking down the difficulty just to get some things you missed originally, they force you to replay them on whatever difficulty you're currently playing on. AND all the levels aren't unlocked because like I said, they only let you go to the stages you've beaten on your current difficulty playthrough.

I don't know if that's a glitch or what, but that shyt is dumb as hell.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
After Sony gave me that free 10 bucks, I copped that Jetstream DLC

:youngsabo:

I don't know when I'm a play it though.
I dont wanna spoil anything for you I'm a just say I like playing with Sam better then Raiden :pacspit:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Just Now:

Chun Li Lightning Kicked 2nd body Monsoon on Very Hard with Ripper Mode + Fox Blade + Suit and Tie Sh!t to death.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When them two wolves came out I was like ah hell naw wtf is this sh!t....

But I beat them by strategizing my position. Fukking with the camera and target lock is a battle in itself once you start playing on Very Hard.

I was fighting Metal Gear Ray when I gave up last night. This nicca had me hiding behind a building when he started shooting them plasma cannons lol One hit takes off half of ya life.

Every time I was able to dodge a plasma cannon blast I felt like I was playing football, run one way, then juke the laser by running the other, then kick-sliding underneath it when it got too close.

This sh!t hard as fuk but dammit I'm intrigued.
2 wolves with rocket guys in the cut. I looked at the game like. :leostare: and just turned it off.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
2 wolves with rocket guys in the cut. I looked at the game like. :leostare: and just turned it off.
When you get through the first batch of enemies and round the corner, you'll see those two rocket guys or a rocket guy in front of the barricade.

DO NOT ENGAGE THEM!!! That's why you kept dying.

Don't go nowhere near that barrier yet or the wolves will come out.

First, run towards the rocket guys then run back away from them when they notice you and start coming towards you. They can't shoot rockets if you are too far away, so they will run towards you.

When they get close enough but still far away enough from the barrier, then you can go kill them, chances are they won't shoot rockets yet but will bring out the swords.

Do that for each rocket guy.

After you kill all the rocket guys, then you can engage the wolves.

After the wolves, Metal Gear Ray is the hardest.

The Wolves and Metal Gear Ray in R00 is the hardest part in Very Hard. The rest of the game is relatively easy since you have all your souped up weapons.

For instance, before you get your sh!t back, the wolves take around 10 minutes to defeat.

After you get your shyt back, two wolves would take 20 seconds in Ripper Mode + Powered all the way up Fox Blade. :salute:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When you get through the first batch of enemies and round the corner, you'll see those two rocket guys or a rocket guy in front of the barricade.

DO NOT ENGAGE THEM!!! That's why you kept dying.

Don't go nowhere near that barrier yet or the wolves will come out.

First, run towards the rocket guys then run back away from them when they notice you and start coming towards you. They can't shoot rockets if you are too far away, so they will run towards you.

When they get close enough but still far away enough from the barrier, then you can go kill them, chances are they won't shoot rockets yet but will bring out the swords.

Do that for each rocket guy.

After you kill all the rocket guys, then you can engage the wolves.

After the wolves, Metal Gear Ray is the hardest.

The Wolves and Metal Gear Ray in R00 is the hardest part in Very Hard. The rest of the game is relatively easy since you have all your souped up weapons.

For instance, before you get your sh!t back, the wolves take around 10 minutes to defeat.

After you get your shyt back, two wolves would take 20 seconds in Ripper Mode + Powered all the way up Fox Blade. :salute:

Wow, i wish i stayed the course. Sadly, i have to beat the game all over again because my save data got deleted by accident. O well. More fun for me.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What is ripper mode? When he turns red?

Press down both control sticks and Raiden goes into Ripper Mode. All your attacks become stronger

You know how normally you can only cut people into pieces when in Blade Mode?

Well Ripper Mode lets you cut people into pieces in normal mode.

You could basically run around and chop everyone to pieces.

He turns a glowing red and the world darkens around him a lil bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Got fukking DAMN armstrong is hard as hell after you lose your sword. I have to keep restarting and I have no damn nano repair pastes lmao

Here's a vid pretty much shows you how much of a pain this is.

Last edited by a moderator: