Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Metal Gear Rising: Angry Review - YouTube

Pretty accurate review I might say Oh and at around 11:10 he starts talking about the breaking the parry systems.

Review is cool, but I have to disagree with him knocking it for the blocking layout. The shyt he was "exploiting" only gets you so far on the harder difficulties. And honestly, on Very Hard and I'm sure on Revengeance if you keep trying to spam block like that you'll be in a stun block animation the entire time.

You get rewarded for perfectly timing the block so you can get into a parry which opens opponents up for you. And I'm not sure how what he was doing is any different than a game having a block button mapped on the controller. He's essentially just holding down block the entire time.

How long did it take u guys to finish this game? i want to buy this but i really dont want to spend money on a 5 hour game brehs...it looks so good tho :noah:

My first playthrough took me like 15 hours. Not because the game is that long, but because I didn't rush through it. I was looking for Easter Eggs and getting some trophies on my first playthrough which resulted in me having to restart some missions... I also didn't use any health items or fuel cells the entire time my first playthrough which added more difficulty to the game. Beating some of the bosses without the crutch of replenishing your health proved to be harder than I thought. Especially the final boss.

Now, I'm at over 30 hours total in the game with my Very Hard run included, and the time I've spent in the VR Missions which hasn't been that much.

If you're the type to play through a game once and that's it, then you probably should rent it. If you're the type that embraces difficulty bumps and want to "master" how the game is supposed to be played, then you'll get your money's worth out of it.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another question- Is espionage out the door with this one?

Mostly, but not completely. You can do stealth kills and in some sections of the game, can make your progress a lot easier to do so. But it's hardly necessary to do nor nearly as nuanced in control or functionality as your standard Metal Gear game.

Yeah, it's still in there. They have some incentives for it with trophies/achievements as well. There's one for completing 10 "No Kill" segments in the campaign. There's also one for sneaking through one section without alerting anyone that you're there.

You don't need to sneak around in order to beat the game, but on the higher difficulties, you find yourself sneaking and taking out some of the heavier enemies instead of just fighting everything head up... Running up on 3 Mastiffs on Very Hard/Revengeance means that you're asking for some shyt to go down. shyt is a pain in the ass for real.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, it's still in there. They have some incentives for it with trophies/achievements as well. There's one for completing 10 "No Kill" segments in the campaign. There's also one for sneaking through one section without alerting anyone that you're there.

You don't need to sneak around in order to beat the game, but on the higher difficulties, you find yourself sneaking and taking out some of the heavier enemies instead of just fighting everything head up... Running up on 3 Mastiffs on Very Hard/Revengeance means that you're asking for some shyt to go down. shyt is a pain in the ass for real.

:myman:
Yup yup. I like how well they managed to implement the stealth and stealth kills, while also not making it completely integral to beating the game whatsoever, unlike most MG games. Raiden is a true bad ass ninja cyborg (Jack the Ripper is back!) so he shouldn't have to be totally reliant on stealth, but being a ninja, it's dope that he can still utilize it some.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm not even trying to beat the game right now cause I'm using the item cheat. The item cheat got me playing parts over and over again to stack up on BP poiints so I can max out my character. I'm 4 hours into the game and still in the sewers of Mexico.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
http://www.facebook.com/mgrising?group_id=0

This just in! The upcoming VR Mission DLC for Metal Gear Rising will be FREE for Playstation 3 users in US and Canada between March 12th and April 3rd, 2013! Get your hands on 30 all-new VR missions packed with tons of unique challenges that will push Raiden’s skills to its limits!

:wow:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Armstrong is a bytch and I hate this punk ass dude.

Final Boss on Very Hard is :sadcam:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Wow that looked..... really boring :manny:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Armstrong is a bytch and I hate this punk ass dude.

Final Boss on Very Hard is :sadcam:

He do anything different or just hits harder?

Hope you have that slash mastered. Once i mastered cutting the rocks he throws and realized you had to slash his back when hes green, he became nothing to me.

But i stopped playing very hard after i got bumrushed by 2 dogs and rocket launcher dudes.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He do anything different or just hits harder?

Hope you have that slash mastered. Once i mastered cutting the rocks he throws and realized you had to slash his back when hes green, he became nothing to me.

But i stopped playing very hard after i got bumrushed by 2 dogs and rocket launcher dudes.

He hits harder. And I can't cut that shyt he throws at me to save my life. So I just Ninja Run and slide under it when he hurls it at me.

:youngsabo:

I have everything down and I would have been able to take him out sooner, but I didn't have any Nanopaste :sadcam:

So if I slipped up I was cooked. I think I ended up defeating him with .5% of health on Very Hard.

I took a break after that though. And the Dogs don't have anything on the Mastiffs breh. I cannot stand those fukks.

I'm not looking forward to that shyt

:damn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

He hits harder. And I can't cut that shyt he throws at me to save my life. So I just Ninja Run and slide under it when he hurls it at me.

:youngsabo:

I have everything down and I would have been able to take him out sooner, but I didn't have any Nanopaste :sadcam:

So if I slipped up I was cooked. I think I ended up defeating him with .5% of health on Very Hard.

I took a break after that though. And the Dogs don't have anything on the Mastiffs breh. I cannot stand those fukks.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: Mastiff wall jump - YouTube

I'm not looking forward to that shyt

:damn:

It would behoove you to learn how to cut those rocks. You get like 3 nanopastes when you cut them all. Its worth it, well, if you wanna win easier. :manny:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It would behoove you to learn how to cut those rocks. You get like 3 nanopastes when you cut them all. Its worth it, well, if you wanna win easier. :manny:

Yeah, my lil bro told me that. But every time I tried I would just eat that shyt and die

:snoop:

Another reason I have a hard time doing it is because I didn't upgrade my Fuel Cells so I don't get to slow down time as long as I could. That's prolly why I have a hard time dealing with that shyt.

Do you use the right analog to slice that or the buttons?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Yeah, my lil bro told me that. But every time I tried I would just eat that shyt and die

:snoop:

Another reason I have a hard time doing it is because I didn't upgrade my Fuel Cells so I don't get to slow down time as long as I could. That's prolly why I have a hard time dealing with that shyt.

Do you use the right analog to slice that or the buttons?

Analog. I died A LOT but finally i was able to get the squares lined up. I didnt get much time to do it either. I think what helped was lining it up with the right and then adjusting the camera slightly up with the left, then iw as able to get the squares to light up. I dont even think you have to have All of the squares lit up, I think its like the first 3, dont quote me on that though because it went so fast. Those pastes saved me though.