Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I started my Very Hard run a few days ago, and some of this shyt is just :wow:

I didn't do a New Game+ so I had to start from scratch. First Skill I bought was the evade... I can't be out there without that shyt. Just made it to the part where you reach Denver. The Grad boss fight had me like WTF with the 2 mechs spamming projectiles and taking hella damage before they went down. I knew I just had to drop one of them and it would be curtains for the other after that... but damn, it's difficult to do when you have shyt flying at you from every direction. shyt took it back to NG2 with the rocket spam

I'm not looking forward to that Monsoon fight that's coming up, and I'm definitely using Repair Paste on this shyt now.

Also, the Mastiffs are WAY tougher on Very Hard. It's to the point now where I get my MGS on on some parts where I see 3 of them and sneak past that section. Fighting 3 of those goons at once...

:whew:
Monsoon is the easiest. When he becomes unhittable hit him with the chaffe nade and then slice that head and make him go back to hit hittable form. Sounds like you need to better master the parry counter which sends them into dizzy mode making them sliceable.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just got this game on saturday and started playing yesterday. I only got to the part where you fight blade wolf, but he's giving me the business. I dont know what to do, cuz its hard to focus on him when he's running around so fast.

also, I have fought like 3 or 4 bosses already and barely any regular enemies in order to practice my skills. I wonder why they start you on all these bosses before you really even know how to play. :why:

:dwillhuh:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Monsoon is the easiest. When he becomes unhittable hit him with the chaffe nade and then slice that head and make him go back to hit hittable form. Sounds like you need to better master the parry counter which sends them into dizzy mode making them sliceable.

Yeah, the first time I played him I didn't understand that I actually had to aim in Blade Mode to hit him so it took me a while because I would just hit him with the EMP nade and run up and start slicing randomly

:lolbron:

I didn't realize that the red square that lights up is what you have to hit to make him vulnerable until the 2nd playthrough. And I really noticed it because of the last boss fight where you have to do the same thing kind of.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Yeah, the first time I played him I didn't understand that I actually had to aim in Blade Mode to hit him so it took me a while because I would just hit him with the EMP nade and run up and start slicing randomly

:lolbron:

I didn't realize that the red square that lights up is what you have to hit to make him vulnerable until the 2nd playthrough. And I really noticed it because of the last boss fight where you have to do the same thing kind of.

You can send the horse leg runners into dizzy mode(triangle circle) if you block the bull rush or parry and counter their leg attacks against a wall with precise timing.

You can send those monkey men into dizzy mode by parrying their hulk grab attack.

I dont know how to dizzy those mech dogs though. They made me stop playing on very hard and run tomb raider. Ill be bawk though.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

yeah, I did the training mode, then next thing you know I'm fighting a metal gear after the african is in the limo. then they snatch the african and I fight another dude, who chops my arm and eye out, then I fight the same metal gear right after that, and now i'm on the blade wolf. I have only fought like 10 regular soldiers up til this point.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yeah, I did the training mode, then next thing you know I'm fighting a metal gear after the african is in the limo. then they snatch the african and I fight another dude, who chops my arm and eye out, then I fight the same metal gear right after that, and now i'm on the blade wolf. I have only fought like 10 regular soldiers up til this point.

:youngsabo:

That's Rising for you breh. No bytchassness allowed.

:smugdraper:

Spenceful

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when the first trailer of Revengence came out people were hating saying that it didnt look like a typical MSG edition.

What is the general consensus now? :mjpls:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Pretty accurate review I might say Oh and at around 11:10 he starts talking about the breaking the parry systems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Funniest part of the game is when you slice a building or Ferris Wheel (in my case today), when it falls it kills any enemy below it. I was running away from a Gecko unit when I decided to slice the Ferris Wheel stands. Both the two cyborgs and Gecko got crushed. I was standing there dumbfounded like wtf? I wanted to kill them. Just not that way...

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
How long did it take u guys to finish this game? i want to buy this but i really dont want to spend money on a 5 hour game brehs...it looks so good tho :noah:

very fun game but I would recommend to wait for a price drop I beat the game in 7 hours and I was bullshytting for the most part trying to get achievements.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Another question- Is espionage out the door with this one?

Mostly, but not completely. You can do stealth kills and in some sections of the game, can make your progress a lot easier to do so. But it's hardly necessary to do nor nearly as nuanced in control or functionality as your standard Metal Gear game.