Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're the one who said the fundamentals of the 2 games are the same.

You said that when one game has a block button and a fixed camera and the other doesn't. One is based on precision and quickness and the other is based on power and force.

Now I break down how you're wrong and you're contradicting yourself.

:shaq2:

:huh: I said the games are fundamentally the same as in you plow throw enemies with combo's and moves. You can't button mash your way in GOW on Titan Mode likewise in this game. I know the developers want this game to feel more like your Raiden and are controlling a nimble, and flexible ninja. That doesn't mean it's vastly different from say Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden. You're right though in that it isn't for the button masher but I just was simply saying I was aware of that already, I just didn't get to that yet.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Bayonetta is my favorite action game this gen so y'all can vindicate me of the "simple" gamer title some of you try to accuse people of when they don't find the things you like as much great.

This is my argument right here in a nutshell. This game ISN'T Metal Gear Solid. This is being developed by Platinum Games not Kojima Productions. The cinematic production value in this is JUST like in Bayonetta. Bayonetta's was passable and great but it just wasn't as "epic" as God of War's. People understand what I'm saying?? I'm not saying THAT is >>>>>> gameplay but understand the point I was putting out. The production value seems less than that. It isn't the end all be all but all together these things help out a game altogether form an amazing experience. Would anybody disagree that MGR wouldn't benefit had it have even better graphics and more "epic" production values??

What?? Where you heard that at?? Some of the impressions about the new God of War talks about the new combat system and and refinements so that point is taken care of now. Lol @ GOW being wack now. I swear it's because a new kid is on the block y'all saying this.
Also Uncharted 2's train level WAS NOT the best level or part of the game. Of course when you break down the game into specific things it'll be easy to prove a point but the whole thing about UC2 was how all these things formed an amazing game. The shooting mechanics, animations, graphics, story telling and production values make the whole gameplay amazing. Jumping and climbing isn't new but combine that with being able to shoot while hanging, amazing graphics and animations and it forms a great game.

:whoa: Some of you are going a bit too far. Gears and God of War is FAR from a bad game. That's just simply your opinion regardless of what you try to say. Reviews from critics and users say otherwise. I know some people in here won't agree with the Gears of War being a bad game in here because he's a huge Gears fan :whistle:

about the 1st bolded part. You are blinded by those production values. You say that it would help MGR but it wouldn't you already are fighting Metal Gear GEKKOS and RAYS wtf you want this nikka fighting arsenal gear alone? :heh:
nothing about games says bigger explosions = better game. and your argument for "epic" ness comes from that. You want this game to have some wide scope when the entire Metal Gear universe is built off small proxy battles/wars that usually never even reach the general population. To claim you want to make it more "epic" means not only have you been blinded by GOW, it lets me know you didn't even pay attention to the narrative of the universe.

part 2 i dont know what Uncharted 2 you played/read reviews about. But its WIDELY accepted that that train level was a high point of the game AND story, it connected the flashback to the current point in the game and it was just flat out well designed and incorporates all the game mechanics in intuitive ways.

Uncharted 3's ''Train Set-piece'' equivalent? - Giant Bomb

entire thread devoted to things that are possibly "equivalent" to that sequence...

retreat.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When has a game produced by Hideo Kojima ever been outclassed in presentation and production value?

That's debatable. I wouldn't say other games "outclassed" it per se but for me to list examples I'd have to know what games have production and presentation that are laudable to you.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
about the 1st bolded part. You are blinded by those production values. You say that it would help MGR but it wouldn't you already are fighting Metal Gear GEKKOS and RAYS wtf you want this nikka fighting arsenal gear alone? :heh:

Thank you I been trying to remember the name of that. Anyway I didn't say MGR NEEDS these extremely high production values. I'm disinterested in either game competing(impartial).

nothing about games says bigger explosions = better game. and your argument for "epic" ness comes from that. You want this game to have some wide scope when the entire Metal Gear universe is built off small proxy battles/wars that usually never even reach the general population. To claim you want to make it more "epic" means not only have you been blinded by GOW, it lets me know you didn't even pay attention to the narrative of the universe.
I didn't say that. I never said bigger explosions=better game. I don't know where you got that from.

part 2 i dont know what Uncharted 2 you played/read reviews about. But its WIDELY accepted that that train level was a high point of the game AND story, it connected the flashback to the current point in the game and it was just flat out well designed and incorporates all the game mechanics in intuitive ways.
I felt as though chapter 4 of the game was the high point. The jeep chase, the bus crashing and the helicopter fight and then the building falling down was amazing to me.

Uncharted 3's ''Train Set-piece'' equivalent? - Giant Bomb

entire thread devoted to things that are possibly "equivalent" to that sequence...

retreat.
I already said how picking apart games removes the great things about them. I see people do this with Uncharted all the time. They single handily choose a specific part of the game or mechanic and then make it seem as if that thing works independent of the entire game. To me a great game is something that has consistency all throughout the campaign. Uncharted's story telling, animation, acting, sound, production values, pacing and gameplay is what makes it a 10/10 for me. Not it's "train level" or specific setpiece. Basically to not further digress, in relation to MGR I feel as though the combat is nice and can be considered "novel" but everything else can use some sprucing up i.e. music and artstyle. To me I love playing a game where the gameplay is nice AND everything else is in place to make it even more engrossing like some amazing soundtrack kicking in and a fitting scenery. It's like imagine Uncharted without great music and no one liners from Drake.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

I already said how picking apart games removes the great things about them. I see people do this with Uncharted all the time. They single handily choose a specific part of the game or mechanic and then make it seem as if that thing works independent of the entire game. To me a great game is something that has consistency all throughout the campaign. Uncharted's story telling, animation, acting, sound, production values, pacing and gameplay is what makes it a 10/10 for me. Not it's "train level" or specific setpiece.

uh...how else do you review games without highlighting certain parts?:wtf:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
uh...how else do you review games without highlighting certain parts?:wtf:

Easy, you see how does it fit into the scenario of what your trying to talk about. For example if someone were to say "Ehh I don't like how in Uncharted the platforming is automated. 5/10!" The platforming works around specific trigger points sometimes where jumping here progresses the game or maybe for purposes of a boss fight. Why would I want to be fighting the game trying to jump to somewhere when I'm in the middle of a shootout?? I want to get from a to b and then continue shooting. Uncharted's gameplay is great but it also works in conjunction with the cinematic production. For example in the last of US in the demo, after Joel kills someone with a molotov cocktail, Ellie goes "OH shyt JOEL!!"as if she's shocked at what's happening. Or when your have no more bullets and the AI goes "I KNOW THAT SOUND MOTHERfukkER!" after your gun clicks is something you can't just separate. They work hand in hand to make the player more immersed. These things sort of happen in Uncharted.

For example I see this ridiculous argument for Uncharted where people complain about "hand holding" and "just push forward to continue" moments in the game and those moments in the game are far from ordinary. They conveniently ignore the 85% of the game where you are playing and shooting, fighting and exploring. I find the complaints unwarranted because in the majority of other games, these sequences are relegated to a cutscene where you watch it.

In here you at least can move the player so what's the big deal?? It's like they complain about what the developers intended. They talk about how every game should be like Fallout or Mass Effect with sprawling cities that has nook and crannies to explore when that's not what the game was shooting for.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Without a doubt I'd say GOWA has higher production values than
MGSR.

It was chugging while streaming the large areas something that
the Sony Santa Monica and their engine seems to eat through
like it's nothing.

Then again they're going for different things 30/40 frames vs 60 fps.
When you're working with half the frame rate naturally you can do more.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Easy, you see how does it fit into the scenario of what your trying to talk about. For example if someone were to say "Ehh I don't like how in Uncharted the platforming is automated. 5/10!" The platforming works around specific trigger points sometimes where jumping here progresses the game or maybe for purposes of a boss fight. Why would I want to be fighting the game trying to jump to somewhere when I'm in the middle of a shootout?? I want to get from a to b and then continue shooting. Uncharted's gameplay is great but it also works in conjunction with the cinematic production. For example in the last of US in the demo, after Joel kills someone with a molotov cocktail, Ellie goes "OH shyt JOEL!!"as if she's shocked at what's happening. Or when your have no more bullets and the AI goes "I KNOW THAT SOUND MOTHERfukkER!" after your gun clicks is something you can't just separate. They work hand in hand to make the player more immersed. These things sort of happen in Uncharted.

For example I see this ridiculous argument for Uncharted where people complain about "hand holding" and "just push forward to continue" moments in the game and those moments in the game are far from ordinary. They conveniently ignore the 85% of the game where you are playing and shooting, fighting and exploring. I find the complaints unwarranted because in the majority of other games, these sequences are relegated to a cutscene where you watch it.

In here you at least can move the player so what's the big deal?? It's like they complain about what the developers intended. They talk about how every game should be like Fallout or Mass Effect with sprawling cities that has nook and crannies to explore when that's not what the game was shooting for.

you are still isolating a gameplay element...its impossible to further examine anything without fragmenting it...its simple logic...you just talked in a big ass circle.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you are still isolating a gameplay element...its impossible to further examine anything without fragmenting it...its simple logic...you just talked in a big ass circle.

No. I simply was talking about how "other" people though in the minority, isolate single elements of games and then as a result talk about how that single element is the sole reason why they don't that game appealing. I simply was talking about how isolating things just comes down to nitpicking because if it ain't broken or really flawed then it's stupid to talk about it. If I said for example MGS4 is wack because there is too much story cutscenes, then I'd be stupid because i'm missing the point of them. Anyway I'm leaving this alone this is for another discussion. Back to MGR.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
[ame=http://youtu.be/mC1XqmWVuRA]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - High Frequency Blades Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

:lawd:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Japan publications loving it so far
Something about Japan: critics dazzled by Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Hitman Absolution | Features | Edge Online

The big three Japanese gaming websites have been awash with articles about a ‘Boot Camp’ press event this week. Writers from Famitsu, Impress Watch, and 4Gamer all played through the entire Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance campaign, and though strict embargoes prevented them from revealing actual plot details, they were nevertheless allowed to give us their impressions.

4Gamer were impressed by the game’s difficulty curve, noting that the ‘cut and take’ element – whereby you can replenish Raiden’s life bar by performing a certain type of attack on an enemy – is particularly impressive. “It is tricky at first, but with practice, you’ll soon see other cyborg warriors as walking medi-kits,” says the 4Gamer report. “During boss battles, you’ll positively leap for joy when you see them enter the fray as reinforcements.”

Famitsu described the boss battles as “exceptional,” adding that “the design is unrivalled, from their out of this world appearances to the attacks they unleash and the high degree of strategy you’ll need to defeat them. And the exposition before, after and even during the fights positively screams Metal Gear!” Famitsu seemed quite concerned with how the game would fit in the Metal Gear canon, though. Establishing quite how ‘Metal Gear’ this Metal Gear game is seems to be a common theme amongst the critics.

Impress Watch said: “Even in terms of mechanics, the two companies [Platinum and Konami] seem to be in perfect symbiosis. Rather than plastering over gaps in the other’s deficiencies, it feels as if both companies have pushed each other to try and go further, leading to the creation of something far better. After playing through to the end, I thought this was absolutely a top-notch action game. Fans of Metal Gear and action games alike both should both be greatly satisfied by the resulting game.”

:wow:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another vid showing off some of the other weapons. I didn't watch this one though, I'm just sharing. I believe it shows the weapons you get after beating certain bosses.

Last edited by a moderator: