Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
This game is far ahead of GOW technically gameplay wise i dont even know why i see a comparison between the 2. if you like QTE, simple gameplay, and story first GOW is for you imo. this game is bringing it back for NG :salute:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
From a gameplay perspective God of War is the least fun out of all of the games mentioned in this thread. There is no real strategy, or variation in gameplay. From the beginning to the end of each game your pretty much just button mashing your way through waves of enemies using the same weapons and combos until a movie takes over for an "epic" moment, then you're back to button mashing. Even when you find a new weapon either it sucks or it works just like the blades of chaos.

In my opinion that's boring. I'd much rather have some different environments. Different strategies, weapons, skills, combos. I know most people won't agree but I liked Darksiders 2 much better than GOW 3

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of y'all just love to randomly call older classic games "ass" because a new game is coming out. I'm not even a big God of War fan but some of stuff you guys are talking about is false. You not liking it fine, but saying it's some largely inferior game in "gameplay" and that it is mostly QTE's is disgusting me. You do the SAME shyt all these other action games. Same with MGR you mash buttons to kill nikkas and likewise in Bayonetta. Come up with better arguments people.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Speak for yourself I find this game's gameplay just as "shallow" as any other action game. Ninja's and swords may be your thing but calling GOW's gameplay shallow and "for dummies" is just fanboy drivel. They all have the same fundamentals so how are they vastly different?? Also the presentation is NOT fukking with Gow 3's man stop it. You mean to tell me Raiden ducking while a chainsaw barely skins him is as epic as the beginning sequence of God of War 3??? Come on man stop it. :childplease:

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry but this game's system is far more complex than anything you have ever seen in a damn God of War game.

"They all have the same fundamentals" line just proves you really don't need to speak on action titles at all.

God of War's combos at a high level is just juggling and swapping through weapons and keeping your combo going until you can finish off with a QTE.

This game actually has a strategy for replenishing your health by rippin' out your opponents spines with precision slicing (which I can imagine becomes a major factor at higher difficulties)... not just button mashing.

You should hit up youtube and see what people are doing in this demo before talking out of your ass because you clearly don't know how this game plays or what the fukk you were doing when you were playing it.

This game will have tons of high level videos online after it's released because of the creativity people will come with and it's combat system.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Some of y'all just love to randomly call older classic games "ass" because a new game is coming out. I'm not even a big God of War fan but some of stuff you guys are talking about is false. You not liking it fine, but saying it's some largely inferior game in "gameplay" and that it is mostly QTE's is disgusting me. You do the SAME shyt all these other action games. Same with MGR you mash buttons to kill nikkas and likewise in Bayonetta. Come up with better arguments people.
Kratos has been using the same weapon for 6 games now. Kratos has been doing the same combos for 6 games now. It's a known fact that all of those games are more of a challenge than GOW. That's because different enemies take different strategies, and it takes more actual skill and understanding of gameplay mechanics to beat the game. As opposed to GOW in which your just button mashing till a movie or qte shows up.

It's impossible to beat Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, or, MGR(judging by the demo) just button mashing doing the same combo from start to finish.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. The intricacy of MGR's combat system is far more than button mashing. A person playing it like a noob (like yourself) would say that because that's how you play these games. You just press buttons without learning the ins and outs of the game.

And that works for you because you probably play through games like this on easy or normal mode.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:yawn:

This is how all the GOW combo vids look dating back to GOW1.

Block/Parry -> Juggle -> Jump -> Switch weapons and attack -> Keep juggling til QTE comes up -> perform QTE

:snoop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

:what::heh: you really dont know what the hell you talking about

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:
That video didn't enlighten me in any way. I already know about using blade mode to get more health. That is cool I admit but that's not what I'd say is so "amazing." It works in context for the game because the dude who briefed you on slicing off their arms for that reason. All the user did in the video was parry and jump into blade mode to get health. I can see this being a extremely viable and pragmatic method for staying alive in harder difficulties.
Sorry but this game's system is far more complex than anything you have ever seen in a damn God of War game.
:umad:

"They all have the same fundamentals" line just proves you really don't need to speak on action titles at all.
How am I lying? Does the games not involve the user running around fighting generic enemies and progressively harder enemies that may involve slight changes in how you fight them?? I admit I'm not good at explaining myself clearly but I completed the demo multiple times. You fight the metal gear rays way differently than the soldiers. For example hacking and slashing away isn't as good but running and sliding kicks and aerial attacks work much better as well as proper parrying. Also the wolf boss really required parrying because following up with a combo usually made it go on that ledge and call for backup right?? Again I dont' know what I'm talking about??

God of War's combos at a high level is just juggling and swapping through weapons and keeping your combo going until you can finish off with a QTE.
True. That doesn't happen here either tho?? Don't you go through QTE's on the metal gears and the wolf at the end??

This game actually has a strategy for replenishing your health by rippin' out your opponents spines with precision slicing (which I can imagine becomes a major factor at higher difficulties)... not just button mashing
We agreeing on the same thing we just saying them differently.
You should hit up youtube and see what people are doing in this demo before talking out of your ass because you clearly don't know how this game plays or what the fukk you were doing when you were playing it.
I already just said how I know what you was talking about. I just don't see why comparing this game's strategy with other games because they have similarities but their own unique differences.

This game will have tons of high level videos online after it's released because of the creativity people will come with and it's combat system.
I know.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:childplease:
That video didn't enlighten me in any way. I already know about using blade mode to get more health. That is cool I admit but that's not what I'd say is so "amazing." It works in context for the game because the dude who briefed you on slicing off their arms for that reason. All the user did in the video was parry and jump into blade mode to get health. I can see this being a extremely viable and pragmatic method for staying alive in harder difficulties.
:umad:

How am I lying? Does the games not involve the user running around fighting generic enemies and progressively harder enemies that may involve slight changes in how you fight them?? I admit I'm not good at explaining myself clearly but I completed the demo multiple times. You fight the metal gear rays way differently than the soldiers. For example hacking and slashing away isn't as good but running and sliding kicks and aerial attacks work much better as well as proper parrying. Also the wolf boss really required parrying because following up with a combo usually made it go on that ledge and call for backup right?? Again I dont' know what I'm talking about??

True. That doesn't happen here either tho?? Don't you go through QTE's on the metal gears and the wolf at the end??

We agreeing on the same thing we just saying them differently.

I already just said how I know what you was talking about. I just don't see why comparing this game's strategy with other games because they have similarities but their own unique differences.

I know.
It's not the same. God of War QTE is mandatory in a lot of cases not to get hit or to dodge shyt. It's simply an option in this game. You don't have to do them in Rising to beat anything in the demo or escape an attack.

In God of War QTE is embedded in the game to tons of shyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, you don't know what you're talking about. The intricacy of MGR's combat system is far more than button mashing. A person playing it like a noob (like yourself) would say that because that's how you play these games. You just press buttons without learning the ins and outs of the game.

And that works for you because you probably play through games like this on easy or normal mode.

You really assuming what I play like and what I know. I already said how I understand the game's combat system works differently among different enemies and difficulty modes. You want me to quote the post where I was telling a user how to fight the wolf?? I figured he won't die easily from button mashing and parrying and following up with combo's work right. You just simply saying I'm not competent in this game because I simply called the game "less epic" then God of War. That has nothing to do with me not understanding the game. I may not explicitly detail what I'm talking about but that doesn't mean I don't get it. It's like a great bowler intuitively understanding the science of physics yet he may not elucidate how he plays yet when observed he's actually playing in accordance to these laws of physics.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not the same. God of War QTE is mandatory in a lot of cases not to get hit or to dodge shyt. It's simply an option in this game. You don't have to do them in Rising to beat anything in the demo or escape an attack.

In God of War QTE is embedded in the game to tons of shyt.

Those QTE's that are mandatory are the ones when your fighting huge bosses and serve as something to simply continue the game. In regular fighting you can kill some enemies without doing QTE's but then not doing them in some ways removes some of the "shock" moments that the devs intended. In MGR I know that you don't have to kill a Metal Gear robot in blade mode or with the triangle QTE but that applies to GOW too.
I'm not saying MGR isn't going to be good. :laugh: I just simply said overall production values look to be in a caliber below than a GOW game because I mean that's obvious GOW is a huge blockbuster exclusive and MGR is a multiplatform game that's new. That doesn't mean it won't be great.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

You really assuming what I play like and what I know. I already said how I understand the game's combat system works differently among different enemies and difficulty modes. You want me to quote the post where I was telling a user how to fight the wolf?? I figured he won't die easily from button mashing and parrying and following up with combo's work right. You just simply saying I'm not competent in this game because I simply called the game "less epic" then God of War. That has nothing to do with me not understanding the game. I may not explicitly detail what I'm talking about but that doesn't mean I don't get it. It's like a great bowler intuitively understanding the science of physics yet he may not elucidate how he plays yet when observed he's actually playing in accordance to these laws of physics.
You're the one who said the fundamentals of the 2 games are the same.

You said that when one game has a block button and a fixed camera and the other doesn't. One is based on precision and quickness and the other is based on power and force.

Now I break down how you're wrong and you're contradicting yourself.

:shaq2:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Those QTE's that are mandatory are the ones when your fighting huge bosses and serve as something to simply continue the game. In regular fighting you can kill some enemies without doing QTE's but then not doing them in some ways removes some of the "shock" moments that the devs intended. In MGR I know that you don't have to kill a Metal Gear robot in blade mode or with the triangle QTE but that applies to GOW too.
I'm not saying MGR isn't going to be good. :laugh: I just simply said overall production values look to be in a caliber below than a GOW game because I mean that's obvious GOW is a huge blockbuster exclusive and MGR is a multiplatform game that's new. That doesn't mean it won't be great.
When has a game produced by Hideo Kojima ever been outclassed in presentation and production value?