Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Also GOW's combat system is not as intricate as this one is but GOW has other things going for it in gameplay such as awesome fatalities, huge scale battles with colossus size monsters and amazing cg like graphics that just makes up a cohesive enthralling experience. This game is more for nikkas who like to press up and square to parry and unleash a 15 hit combo while dodging and countering 5 other dumb ai. Basically this game will be the vanquish of action games and GOW the uncharted of action game-both action games but different style.

And really this is the most important thing when you're talking about an action game. All the other shyt you named is just fan service.

:heh: @ awesome fatalities...

This game allows you to literaly slice and dice tons of shyt and enemies how ever you choose. This game will be much more interactive than the set pieces that are in GOW... and this game seems to have a bit of an exploration factor to it that you don't see in many of these kinds of games.

And I'm not seeing how people can say that this game's presentation/cinematics won't be top tier when it's a Metal Gear game. shyt will be like playing an action packed sci-fi movie. Can't wait...

:whew:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
And really this is the most important thing when you're talking about an action game. All the other shyt you named is just fan service.

:heh: @ awesome fatalities...

This game allows you to literaly slice and dice tons of shyt and enemies how ever you choose. This game will be much more interactive than the set pieces that are in GOW... and this game seems to have a bit of an exploration factor to it that you don't see in many of these kinds of games.

And I'm not seeing how people can say that this game's presentation/cinematics won't be top tier when it's a Metal Gear game. shyt will be like playing an action packed sci-fi movie. Can't wait...

:whew:

see thats the thing breh

Ninja Gaiden already had the best "gameplay" but thats not everything

that game was straight up boring. to a lesser extent, bayonetta was too

folks say uncharted generation :dwillhuh: whats wrong with expecting a well produced game, something memorable? :dro: thats the only thing holding me from not playing this game altogether is the fact that all the metal gears are memorable to a point

so lets hope this abomination turns out better than im expecting :to:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
see thats the thing breh

folks say uncharted generation :dwillhuh: whats wrong with expecting a well produced game, something memorable? :dro: thats the only thing holding me from not playing this game altogether is the fact that all the metal gears are memorable to a point

Your hate is forced. This is going to be an extreme action classic. God of war is a movie, this is a sport.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Your hate is forced. This is going to be an extreme action classic. God of war is a movie, this is a sport.

you are also a bayonetta stan tho, you prefer bland gameplay :stop:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
see thats the thing breh

:childplease: Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta are among some of the best action games ever made breh...what they were boring because you had to do some platforming? Boring because there wasn't some nuclear device going off every 20 minutes....you wouldn't watch a movie that had no dialog or only back to back action sequences breaks in action are essential to ANY story....but you might be a Micheal Bay fan...:snoop:

the MGS series has had PLENTY of moments and still had amazing finely tuned gameplay. In fact, some of the best moments AREN'T the big explosions but the unique nuanced fights like Mantis, Wolf, The End, any Ocelot fight. Action games can be big and sweeping and have explosions, but when that takes precedence over gameplay and story telling then its garbage.

GOW is wack now because its main focus is "how can we make it bigger and more "epic"'. When Uncharted 2's (which is an actions MASTERPIECE) BEST level is on a fukking TRAIN.... contained, linear and still awesome. I don't want to spend 20 minutes climbing a titan...let me kill it the way I want to kill it.

Calling it the Uncharted 2 generation is erroneous though, thats actually a good game...the Gears of War or God of War generation is more accurate...all of those are NOT good games.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
see thats the thing breh

God of War has minimal replay value due to it's shallow gameplay. I've never went back and replayed a GOW game because the gameplay just isn't deep enough to warrant another play through from me.

Now they've added a dumb multiplayer option because they know they can't offer anything else in terms of how the game plays to warrant a 60 dollar price.

God of War has always been the action title for dummies so to speak. Yes, it's presentation is better than NG, but I NG makes it worth replaying because of the rewarding feeling it gives you for mastering it.

This game handles like a NG game and has the "epic" presentation that clueless players of the genre complain about and people still don't see why people are hyped for it? Just doesn't make sense.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
the MGS series has had PLENTY of moments and still had amazing finely tuned gameplay. In fact, some of the best moments AREN'T the big explosions but the unique nuanced fights like Mantis, Wolf, The End, any Ocelot fight. Action games can be big and sweeping and have explosions, but when that takes precedence over gameplay and story telling then its garbage.

GOW is wack now because its main focus is "how can we make it bigger and more "epic"'. When Uncharted 2's (which is an actions MASTERPIECE) BEST level is on a fukking TRAIN.... contained, linear and still awesome. I don't want to spend 20 minutes climbing a titan...let me kill it the way I want to kill it.

Calling it the Uncharted 2 generation is erroneous though, thats actually a good game...the Gears of War or God of War generation is more accurate...all of those are NOT good games.
:whoa: i have all the metal gears(including 2)

but those were espionage games :comeon:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
you are also a bayonetta stan tho, you prefer bland gameplay :stop:

You arent talking about game play. You're talking about cinematic value. I play all action games. You're selective and tend to play games that require less skill in exchange for the cinematic feel. I thnk you're just bitter this new metal gear is outside of your skill set. You're good at action games that dont require true skill.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: i have all the metal gears(including 2)

but those were espionage games :comeon:

breh, you can run through MGS and kill damn near every guard if you want...

whats the last word in that sub title? Tactical Espionage.....ACTION...

all stealth games fall under the umbrella of action/adventure breh.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
You arent talking about game play. You're talking about cinematic value. I play all action games. You're selective and tend to play games that require less skill in exchange for the cinematic feel. I thnk you're just bitter this new metal gear is outside of your skill set. You're good at action games that dont require true skill.

i beat both Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta :dro:

doesnt make them more fun than God of War

both games are for simpletons

its like Star Trek and Star Wars. Star Trek dabbles in more actual science than Star Wars but is boring as shyt. Star Wars makes up alot yet has excellent production value

Star Wars ironically has a grossly larger following. Games are entertainment if you arent entertained its not providing its purpose

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
i beat both Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta :dro:

doesnt make them more fun than God of War

both games are for simpletons

its like Star Trek and Star Wars. Star Trek dabbles in more actual science than Star Wars but is boring as shyt. Star Wars makes up alot yet has excellent production value

Star Wars ironically has a grossly larger following. Games are entertainment if you arent entertained its not providing its purpose

So basically, you'll be buying this 2 at some point and will beat it but still complain and call it trash. I dont understand nikkas like you. :shaq2:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lmao who cares how "epic" it is? That's what's wrong with this Uncharted generation. Big explosions and shyt in the background takes pecedence over gameplay. fukkin retards

218432diUDL8rd.gif

You guys are missing my point entirely. I'm strictly pointing out that due to the setting and context of MGR:R that it's scope and size won't be as "epic" as GOW due to the sheer size of the things and places your dealing with. A Metal Gear Ray and some enemy grunts aren't as huge as a fukking gaia in GOW3.

Whether you prefer the former or latter is your prerogative but I'm not saying that MGR R won't be as "good" as GOW I just said in scale. Also you'z a damn hypocrite to try and act like big setpieces aren't a huge factor in this game also when Raiden has a penchant for cool ass moments like you know throwing a metal gear into the sky and chasing it? You know how Kratos does?? This game isn't that much different to GOW in combat either. You have your standard square and triangle attacks as well as a parry just like you parry in GOW3. The blade mode is a gimmick because it serves as a simple finishing move just as finishers and "ripping open" enemies in GOW3 does. Slicing enemies to bits is this game's finishing move. You can jump on those metal gear's and mashing triangle to break it open just as you do in GOW3 mashing a button to rip open a enemy.

I played all the games and Ninja Gaiden, DMC, Bayonetta, and MGR all have similar combat systems except they differ in the feel and look. MGR isn't innovating shyt because of a blade mode that get's old fast where as finishers in GOW3 differ from enemy to enemy.

GoldenGolve said:
God of War has minimal replay value due to it's shallow gameplay. I've never went back and replayed a GOW game because the gameplay just isn't deep enough to warrant another play through from me.

Now they've added a dumb multiplayer option because they know they can't offer anything else in terms of how the game plays to warrant a 60 dollar price.

God of War has always been the action title for dummies so to speak. Yes, it's presentation is better than NG, but I NG makes it worth replaying because of the rewarding feeling it gives you for mastering it.

This game handles like a NG game and has the "epic" presentation that clueless players of the genre complain about and people still don't see why people are hyped for it? Just doesn't make sense.
Speak for yourself I find this game's gameplay just as "shallow" as any other action game. Ninja's and swords may be your thing but calling GOW's gameplay shallow and "for dummies" is just fanboy drivel. They all have the same fundamentals so how are they vastly different?? Also the presentation is NOT fukking with Gow 3's man stop it. You mean to tell me Raiden ducking while a chainsaw barely skins him is as epic as the beginning sequence of God of War 3??? Come on man stop it. :childplease:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So basically, you'll be buying this 2 at some point and will beat it but still complain and call it trash. I dont understand nikkas like you. :shaq2:

i enjoyed bayonetta :ehh: ninja gaiden was a chore tho

God of War is still the most memorable even if it was the easiest in comparison

whats not to understand

its like this...

Bubsy on the genesis had alot of gameplay mechanics that make it better than Sonic the hedgehog but who remembers Bubsy :usure:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:childplease: Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta are among some of the best action games ever made breh...what they were boring because you had to do some platforming? Boring because there wasn't some nuclear device going off every 20 minutes....you wouldn't watch a movie that had no dialog or only back to back action sequences breaks in action are essential to ANY story....but you might be a Micheal Bay fan...:snoop:
Bayonetta is my favorite action game this gen so y'all can vindicate me of the "simple" gamer title some of you try to accuse people of when they don't find the things you like as much great.
This is my argument right here in a nutshell. This game ISN'T Metal Gear Solid. This is being developed by Platinum Games not Kojima Productions. The cinematic production value in this is JUST like in Bayonetta. Bayonetta's was passable and great but it just wasn't as "epic" as God of War's. People understand what I'm saying?? I'm not saying THAT is >>>>>> gameplay but understand the point I was putting out. The production value seems less than that. It isn't the end all be all but all together these things help out a game altogether form an amazing experience. Would anybody disagree that MGR wouldn't benefit had it have even better graphics and more "epic" production values??

What?? Where you heard that at?? Some of the impressions about the new God of War talks about the new combat system and and refinements so that point is taken care of now. Lol @ GOW being wack now. I swear it's because a new kid is on the block y'all saying this.
Also Uncharted 2's train level WAS NOT the best level or part of the game. Of course when you break down the game into specific things it'll be easy to prove a point but the whole thing about UC2 was how all these things formed an amazing game. The shooting mechanics, animations, graphics, story telling and production values make the whole gameplay amazing. Jumping and climbing isn't new but combine that with being able to shoot while hanging, amazing graphics and animations and it forms a great game.

:whoa: Some of you are going a bit too far. Gears and God of War is FAR from a bad game. That's just simply your opinion regardless of what you try to say. Reviews from critics and users say otherwise. I know some people in here won't agree with the Gears of War being a bad game in here because he's a huge Gears fan :whistle: