Essential Official Men's Hygiene Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The funny thing about this is that no matter what you use your body will get used to it. You ever notice when you switch soaps or deoderants and the smell is stronger? It's because your body hasn't gotten used to it. Same thing happens with hair products, lotions, etc.

That's why there's always a neverending chase for the next best product.

I didn't make this up btw. I've talked about it with the Beauty Products acct manager at Walgreens corporate office as well as a friend who is in med school.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This probably goes without saying but, all of our bodies are different. What works for some people won't work for others.

For instance, I don't sweat so my body reacts horribly to anti-perspirants.
I have oily skin so putting all them oils on my skin is overkill.
My hair is dry and it seems like no matter what I can't get the perfect product in here. I'm constantly experimenting.

Lastly, my facial hair is the MOST coarse, MOST nappy, MOST curly, unrelenting shyt in the world. This leads to razor bumps galore. I've literally tried everything from Bevel to Tend Skin to Bump Master to Magic Shave. I still bump up. I've had to resort to letting it grow out.

So anyways, I think this is a great thread but just wanted to make everyone aware before they go spending 100s on Amazon then coming back and saying stuff didn't work. Hell we've already got a ton of dissenting opinions already in this thread.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
The funny thing about this is that no matter what you use your body will get used to it. You ever notice when you switch soaps or deoderants and the smell is stronger? It's because your body hasn't gotten used to it. Same thing happens with hair products, lotions, etc.

That's why there's always a neverending chase for the next best product.

I didn't make this up btw. I've talked about it with the Beauty Products acct manager at Walgreens corporate office as well as a friend who is in med school.

fukk Walgreens

VicMackey415

The bay is in the area.
Daps
Reppin
Filllmoe, CA n the Sigma of Phi Beta
I've been using the black soap to was my face and it works pretty good. Still need a good face moisturizer. Been using that Palmers coco butter for a minute niw, time to switch it up.
I need recommendations for dry skin, nothing to oily tho.
Also gonna check out a few of the Shea moisture shampoos I've seen. My scalp be dry ass fizzuck sometimes.

Birdman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Time to post some reviews -

:salute:

@BlackPanther [USER=1985]@The ADD @Maas Darko @midwesthiphop
-for Pure Castille Soap. It smells good, it tingles when you shower with it. It's cool.

@FukkAPaidEmail
-for the black soap tip, i forgot how clean it makes your face. I used it before and picked it back up.

@BuddyOmar
-Indian Healing clay is the truth. I put it on my face and felt it go to work.

:ufdup:

@BlackPanther @kevin wilkins
-Apple cidar vinegar? Really, I put that on my face for a week, it didn't do anything. I just walked around smelling like salad dressing.

@PumPumAholic® @Golayitdown

-Fresh Ballz? How can you walk around with yogurt all over your junk?
You might try to get with a fine fine girl, she takes a look and says wtf is that on your ballz?

:aicmon:

@edzyy
-I'm not sure the exfoliant is doing anything. If I go another two weeks and I don't see a different, it's going into the bushes. $30 for a small bottle with no results is not what's hot in the bathroom.

:camby:

@Silkk For telling grown man that putting powder on your face is cool. WTF is wring with you?[/USER]

Last edited:

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You have to remember not all products work for certain people. You have to go according to how your skin reacts to certain products. So if you don't know what kind of negative reaction you have when you use certain products, read upon it before you buy it. Read the ingredients and reviews before you buy it. @BlackPanther has done a good job.

Last edited:

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@VicMackey415

Keep using coco butter. It's not wise to use another product that could irritate your skin. Read up on the reviews/ingredients before you buy the product.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Time to post some reviews -

:salute:

@BlackPanther [USER=1985]@The ADD @Maas Darko @midwesthiphop
-for Pure Castille Soap. It smells good, it tingles when you shower with it. It's cool.

@FukkAPaidEmail
-for the black soap tip, i forgot how clean it makes your face. I used it before and picked it back up.

@BuddyOmar
-Indian Healing clay is the truth. I put it on my face and felt it go to work.

:ufdup:

@BlackPanther @kevin wilkins
-Apple cidar vinegar? Really, I put that on my face for a week, it didn't do anything. I just walked around smelling like salad dressing.

@PumPumAholic® @Golayitdown

-Fresh Ballz? How can you walk around with yogurt all over your junk?
You might try to get with a fine fine girl, she takes a look and says wtf is that on your ballz?

:aicmon:

@edzyy
-I'm not sure the exfoliant is doing anything. If I go another two weeks and I don't see a different, it's going into the bushes. $30 for a small bottle with no results is not what's hot in the bathroom.

:camby:

@Silkk For telling grown man that putting powder on your face is cool. WTF is wring with you?[/USER]
Worked for @hoodheronova

Which one did you buy?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Just got the Bevel kit in the mail
...will shave after my workout tonight.

EDIT: I'm going to buy the alpha fit brush from clarsonic...the mia is feeling a lil weak

Last edited:

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Worked for @hoodheronova

Which one did you buy?
shyt works. I use it for interviews and photo sessions. I've gotten comments that my skin isn't oily. I get p*ssy, I get money, I got a wipe, I take care of business, n*ggaz can't tell me I'm not a man.

It ain't make up, it's powder. The shyt dissolves on your skin just like baby powder. It ain't a big deal. Shout out to @Silkk for putting me on, fam did me a solid, w/e other knowledge you got put me on bro

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
shyt works. I use it for interviews and photo sessions. I've gotten comments that my skin isn't oily. I get p*ssy, I get money, I got a wipe, I take care of business, n*ggaz can't tell me I'm not a man.

It ain't make up, it's powder. The shyt dissolves on your skin just like baby powder. It ain't a big deal. Shout out to @Silkk for putting me on, fam did me a solid, w/e other knowledge you got put me on bro
Aight i'll keep you updated