Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I can only imagine the reaction of the non comic book readers watching achebe on screen talking demonically to a wicked hand puppet... :russ:
Done well, that's psychologically chilling and can pull an Oscar for someone.

But what if they do Ryan like Wesley on some Blade Trinity shyt? Or try to hand it to a Schumaker?

Or pull a Last Jedi. Disney doesn't always know what it's doing.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Fox dropped the ball so bad on not letting Angela Bae-sett be Storm. :birdman:
Hollywood doesn't like older women.

Halle Berry was fine as Storm. She suffered from the films becoming Logan-centric. So did Phoenix. The strongest women became props for someone else's angst, or were nerfed to irrelevancy.

The disrespect towards Halle has to stop on this one. Angela would make an exceptional Storm, too. Fox would have nerfed her worse than they did Halle.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hollywood doesn't like older women.

Halle Berry was fine as Storm. She suffered from the films becoming Logan-centric. So did Phoenix. The strongest women became props for someone else's angst, or were nerfed to irrelevancy.

The disrespect towards Halle has to stop on this one.
kobe_no.gif

Halle was terrible.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

very true...

*a movie scene from BP2 where Achebe threatens to shoot his hand puppet for whatever reason* :demonic:

crowd - :huhldup: :wow: :damn: :picard::merchant::wtf::mindblown::whoa:

yeah achebe needs to be in the sequel for fukkery reasons

Jards

All Star
Daps
i have a feeling BP2 is gonna have a ridiculous cast. if you're a black actor in Hollywood right now, how are you not on the phone with your agent demanding to be in this movie?

shyt, if you're a white dude, you're probably calling your agent like "I'll play a white supremicist, i don't care, just get me in that shyt."
:russ:

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Coogler's about to be a billion dollar nikka. No bullshyt. That's Supa Dupa A+ list.

Yeah, it's gonna be You Will Know - Remix 2020 with those casting calls.

But they're also sharpening the knives. Will it be a cac bytch, black bytch, nikka or cac dude?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adopted outsider feels he deserves the throne more, becomes the comic rachel dolezal on some super pro-Wakanda ish? :yeshrug:

I don't know. Haven't read the comics. At the end of the day, Bucky is a 1930s/40s boy. It's played for sepia toned nostalgia with Cap -- but Cap is surrounded by other whites. They really gonna go there with Bucky?

White Wolf sounds like a villain. Maybe they'll switch that up, too.

I see a lot of BP’s stories revolve around nikkas trying to take away his throne. Is there any point in his history where he appointed a secret police group to just monitor and beat the shyt out of any rebels like most kings and leaders do?

If not that would make his pops speech about him being a good man will make it hard for him to be a good king

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Yo, real talk this was the very definition of an Easter egg for those deep in the mythos. For months we done speculated about what capacity Bucky would be in this film, if at all. Most of us guessed post-credit scene, but i dunno if ANYONE saw this coming! And if any of yall did prior to spoilers, then rep on sight b/c that caught me off guard lol

At the same time i was like that actually makes perfect sense :ohhh:

Buck pretty much is a spy/assassin who can go ghost with the best of them.

Idk about co-lead :whoa: but they definitely set him up to play a big part of the franchise.
I knew he was there just off the line shuri said

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
BP 2 should see the introduction of Namor. And Namor flooding Wakanda. (that's if the have the rights).

And of course, like as much as sisters like this movie already, imagine the backflips they would be doing over this:
ac4109ad36ab1e86af5b785dd9dd26298994146f.jpg

But I like most of the ideas I'm seeing in here. :ehh:

shyt maybe Blue Marvel comes in and we get the seeds planted for the ultimates vs Galactus.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You're right on the mark. Take away the execution of the past stories and just looking at the dynamic, Doom is the perfect villain for BP. And for being a book smart 'genius', he is also a self absorbed, openly racist, elitist/supremacist with a 'successful' but oppressive rule over his European people.

Contrast that to BP and Wakandan rule, and the story and conflict of two 'successful' rulers pretty much writes itself.

Granted, how far they would go with Doom's disdain for blacks and Wakandans would be interesting though... bc that will be etched into his mainstream perception for a very long time
Would Doom's motivation be him trying to break into the ancestral plane to rescue his mom? That would be kind of interesting because maybe it could be somehow be the way Mephisto escapes out of his realm. Then we could get T'Challa as king of the dead. :ehh:

Sorry yall, I prolly sound overly hype. my badd. :pachaha:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Adopted outsider feels he deserves the throne more, becomes the comic rachel dolezal on some super pro-Wakanda ish? :yeshrug:

You more or less nailed it. Dude can't blend in because he's white, thus everyone knows he's an outsider from the gate. To make up for that, he basically is willing to do the craziest shyt if it means it will help the country somehow.

T'Chaka used that desire to found the Hatute Zeraze (Wakandan Secret Police) and had White Wolf lead the team. Those guys under White Wolf's command were straight up goons with high-end military training. T'Challa had to exile them because they were doing too much.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL

But what if they do Ryan like Wesley on some Blade Trinity shyt? Or try to hand it to a Schumaker?

Or pull a Last Jedi. Disney doesn't always know what it's doing.
With Feige there I wouldn't be worried. After he got from under Perlmutter we have seen the success they've had starting with Civil War.

Star Wars is different since Kathleen Kennedy runs that and they are trying to play it as safe as possible.