Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Are there any BP vs Dr Doom Story lines?
Yea there's a few, couple of them are heavily :mjpls:tho :scust:

Colonizers wrote it and it was obvious with how they let Doom get away with certain things, while keeping BP this sort of noble negro at key junctures.

Reggie Hudlin (past BP writer) has gone on record in saying that if he had another go at Black Panther, he would run that ish back and give a proper payback than the paper victory the colonizers gave BP for a story Reggie started 9 years ago, he started it on his way out of writing the book, passed it to the next writer who went full :mjpls:

Long story short, Doom always wants the vibranium to take over the world. And he's an open racist thinking blacks/afrikans/Wakandans are savages

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea there's a few, couple of them are heavily :mjpls:tho :scust:

Colonizers wrote it and it was obvious with how they let Doom get away with certain things, while keeping BP this sort of noble negro at key junctures.

Reggie Hudlin (past BP writer) has gone on record in saying that if he had another go at Black Panther, he would run that ish back and give a proper payback than the paper victory the colonizers gave BP for a story Reggie started 9 years ago, he started it on his way out of writing the book, passed it to the next writer who went full :mjpls:

Long story short, Doom always wants the vibranium to take over the world. And he's an open racist thinking blacks/afrikans/Wakandans are savages

I ask this because I think it would be the perfect angle to make Dr.Doom an Alt Right type cat, but of course this would also embolden that fan base (which in turn still would make Marvel good money but of course a lot of foolish stuff would come with it).

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I ask this because I think it would be the perfect angle to make Dr.Doom an Alt Right type cat, but of course this would also embolden that fan base (which in turn still would make Marvel good money but of course a lot of foolish stuff would come with it).
You're right on the mark. Take away the execution of the past stories and just looking at the dynamic, Doom is the perfect villain for BP. And for being a book smart 'genius', he is also a self absorbed, openly racist, elitist/supremacist with a 'successful' but oppressive rule over his European people.

Contrast that to BP and Wakandan rule, and the story and conflict of two 'successful' rulers pretty much writes itself.

Granted, how far they would go with Doom's disdain for blacks and Wakandans would be interesting though... bc that will be etched into his mainstream perception for a very long time

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You're right on the mark. Take away the execution of the past stories and just looking at the dynamic, Doom is the perfect villain for BP. And for being a book smart 'genius', he is also a self absorbed, openly racist, elitist/supremacist with a 'successful' but oppressive rule over his European people.

Contrast that to BP and Wakandan rule, and the story and conflict of two 'successful' rulers pretty much writes itself.

Granted, how far they would go with Doom's disdain for blacks and Wakandans would be interesting though... bc that will be etched into his mainstream perception for a very long time

And this is why I feel they can pull the Alt Right angle. Where they do the whole "Race Realism" stuff like you see form a Richard Spencer or Jared Taylor type where Doom isn't openly calling people racial slurs but saying his views on others are backed by "science".

I feel a story line like this would naturally be the next step for the BP series BUT It may be too deep and alienate children fans

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And this is why I feel they can pull the Alt Right angle. Where they do the whole "Race Realism" stuff like you see form a Richard Spencer or Jared Taylor type where Doom isn't openly calling people racial slurs but saying his views on others are backed by "science".

I feel a story line like this would naturally be the next step for the BP series BUT It may be too deep and alienate children fans
From what we've seen from Coogler, he would be game for it and would do it in a way that's entertaining, and very satisfying in the conclusion.

Just don't know if Marvel would be willing to do with Doom (even tho it fits his M.O.) or in general. I agree that it'd be a logical path.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, real talk this was the very definition of an Easter egg for those deep in the mythos. For months we done speculated about what capacity Bucky would be in this film, if at all. Most of us guessed post-credit scene, but i dunno if ANYONE saw this coming! And if any of yall did prior to spoilers, then rep on sight b/c that caught me off guard lol

At the same time i was like that actually makes perfect sense :ohhh:

Buck pretty much is a spy/assassin who can go ghost with the best of them.

Idk about co-lead :whoa: but they definitely set him up to play a big part of the franchise.

Im clueless. Whats the purpose of white wolf in the comics?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
250px-Achebe_Black_Panther.jpg

I need Achebe in the next one.

Achebe (comics) - Wikipedia

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I think since it was a big success, Coogler will be able to use characters like Kraven. He said he wanted him in this movie.

doublex

Pro
Daps
I think it's interesting that BP ends with T'Challa and Nakia getting back together, but I'm still predicting she's going to wind up being the villainess in the sequel.

Something might happen to brainwash her after their marriage. Then T'Challa might end up having to fight his own queen.

That would be compelling as hell, because it would not just be the straightforward matter of defeating a villain but having to find a way to stop a villain who is also his wife.