Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
And just like the last BP this one had a higher gross domestically than internationally.

Unlike virtually every big budget movie in cinema history that does better internationally than domestically. :mjpls:
A lot of people are naive as to how racist and anti Black these other countries (China, India, Italy, The Middle East) truly are.

China won’t even allow Black people to be in any type of movie promotion (posters and billboards) at all. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Eve L. Ewing Propels Black Panther into New Solo Series

This June, T'Challa will return in a new 'Black Panther' series by writer Eve L. Ewing and artist Chris Allen.

BY MEAGAN DAMORE
John Ridley's BLACK PANTHER comes to a close with issue #15, but that won't spell the end for T'Challa and the world of Wakanda. This June, MONICA RAMBEAU: PHOTON writer Eve L. Ewing and Stormbreakers artist Chris Allen will launch T'Challa into a brand new series with BLACK PANTHER #1.
"More than anything, I'm bowled over at the opportunity to write such a marquee character. I see it as a big responsibility," Ewing told ComicBook.com. "Black Panther is a tremendously important legacy character for Marvel fans, but moreover the character has become one of the most important icons in pop culture for people of the African diaspora all over the world. And on a personal note, the title was so indelibly shaped by my friend and mentor, Ta-Nehisi Coates, who is a big part of why I'm even in comics. There are a lot of talented creators working right now and I feel very awed that the editorial team asked me to take this on. It makes me feel really seen as a comics writer, very humbled, and very grateful. It's a big role for me and I take it extremely seriously."
"When I had my first conversation with Wil Moss, who edits BLACK PANTHER, and I found out where the [John] Ridley run is going to end, I had to laugh. No spoilers, but the status quo is going to be more than a little disrupted," she teased. "But I've always believed that the fun of writing these characters is not completely ignoring or undoing what your predecessor did, nor is it simply continuing with their story line—it's taking the reins from the place where they left the story, and accepting the challenge to make it your own. In this case, I can say that I'm extremely geeked about the ways we're picking up where he leaves off."

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

This June, T'Challa will return in a new 'Black Panther' series by writer Eve L. Ewing and artist Chris Allen.

BY MEAGAN DAMORE
John Ridley's BLACK PANTHER comes to a close with issue #15, but that won't spell the end for T'Challa and the world of Wakanda. This June, MONICA RAMBEAU: PHOTON writer Eve L. Ewing and Stormbreakers artist Chris Allen will launch T'Challa into a brand new series with BLACK PANTHER #1.
"More than anything, I'm bowled over at the opportunity to write such a marquee character. I see it as a big responsibility," Ewing told ComicBook.com. "Black Panther is a tremendously important legacy character for Marvel fans, but moreover the character has become one of the most important icons in pop culture for people of the African diaspora all over the world. And on a personal note, the title was so indelibly shaped by my friend and mentor, Ta-Nehisi Coates, who is a big part of why I'm even in comics. There are a lot of talented creators working right now and I feel very awed that the editorial team asked me to take this on. It makes me feel really seen as a comics writer, very humbled, and very grateful. It's a big role for me and I take it extremely seriously."
"When I had my first conversation with Wil Moss, who edits BLACK PANTHER, and I found out where the [John] Ridley run is going to end, I had to laugh. No spoilers, but the status quo is going to be more than a little disrupted," she teased. "But I've always believed that the fun of writing these characters is not completely ignoring or undoing what your predecessor did, nor is it simply continuing with their story line—it's taking the reins from the place where they left the story, and accepting the challenge to make it your own. In this case, I can say that I'm extremely geeked about the ways we're picking up where he leaves off."

Gonna be trash...women cant write for shyt and i dont trust non comic book heads writing

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gonna be trash...women cant write for shyt

Thats not true.

Besides that John Ridley’s run was so trash you might as well say men can’t write for shyt because he absolutely EMASCULATED T’Challa like it was a personal goal of his.

This lady, Eve L Ewing cites Tanahesi Coates as a mentor of hers. So depending on how you feel about HIS run we might be in for more of the same…

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Thats not true.

Besides that John Ridley’s run was so trash you might as well say men can’t write for shyt because he absolutely EMASCULATED T’Challa like it was a personal goal of his.

This lady, Eve L Ewing cites Tanahesi Coates as a mentor of hers. So depending on how you feel about HIS run we might be in for more of the same…
We know black men cant really write comics either sans Priest..and yes Ridletmy work is trash. The only black folk I wanna see write comics are comic nerds...and only men writing men...let the women write women led solos. This Eve woman is gonna destroy all things Tchalla. Wakanda Forever is in full effect for his mythos.

QBN

All Star
Daps

BY MEAGAN DAMORE

I feel it will be more of the same. It's a shame that Ta-Nehisi Coates run has become the reference point for T'Challa in pop culture now. I'll check it out but I'm withholding my dollars until they put respect on T'Challa's name again. Lots of places to read comics for free online.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
I feel it will be more of the same. It's a shame that Ta-Nehisi Coates run has become the reference point for T'Challa in pop culture now. I'll check it out but I'm withholding my dollars until they put respect on T'Challa's name again. Lots of places to read comics for free online.
Exactly....they butchered the character. Tchalla was once respected and as soon as he lands in black people hands, he was dismantled to the point where he may as well kill him off permenantly cause we not getting Priest, Hudlin, or Hickman Tchalla again......we wont even get Lee or Mayberry (begrudgingly)

QBN

All Star
Daps
Exactly....they butchered the character. Tchalla was once respected and as soon as he lands in black people hands, he was dismantled to the point where he may as well kill him off permenantly cause we not getting Priest, Hudlin, or Hickman Tchalla again......we wont even get Lee or Mayberry (begrudgingly)
:whoa: I wouldn't go that that far, breh! But they can put him out of action for a while until they decide to redeem his character and come up with a proper plan to re-assert him as the premier Black super hero in the comics.

They can write him out of the main series for awhile. He has an entire intergalactic empire; he can go off-world and chill while Marvel tries to push Shuri and all these side characters to the front. We'll see how well that sells...

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

boy-crying.gif

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
In all honesty if you liked the 1st film, you are the reason why our beloved T'Challa was destroyed. Real fans was demonizing the film, but all yall wanted to fan joy ride the character and didnt understand the nuances that the fans had. Now this is it. This is what he has turned into...getting whipped up on Capn Merica....smh....