AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No shyt. That's why I said "character"..lol

This is a media discussion board. It's ok for people to criticize and be disappointed by lousy writing for their favorite series.
Gotcha, been on this board awhile seems BP has become a favorite since he got a movie franchise. The concern comes off a bit disingenuous, not you specifically but overall. I can't sort out who is genuinely concerned.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
T'Challa just got sonned HEAVY by Cap in the latest comic issue :francis:

Just when you think it couldn't get worse for the character.
Back in the day, it was a running joke that Only black characters got beat up in their own books. it's crazy to see a black writer doing this in 2023....and for two issues in a row :francis:

Last edited:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Back in the day, it was a running joke that Only black characters got beat up in their own books. it's crazy to see a black writer doing this in 2023....and for two issues in a row :francis:

It's already begun with Kang getting lumped up by Scott Lang of all people. Who's weak even for a regular dude.

So if he can hold his own against him then how is anyone supposed to take him seriously as the next big bad in Marvel? :mjpls:

Thanos meanwhile defeated the Hulk in 30 seconds. And no one else tried to go at him in just a fist fight.

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
ed8.gif

It really do be the same miserable ass nikkas in here erryday, lmao.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
ed8.gif

It really do be the same miserable ass nikkas in this thread erryday, lmao.
To be this aggrieved about a character no one talked about in mainstream media until he got in the MCU is coming off disingenuous. Most just want to bash companies for racism when they are the ones who elevated the character to your consciousness in the first place.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's already begun with Kang getting lumped up by Scott Lang of all people. Who's weak even for a regular dude.

So if he can hold his own against him then how is anyone supposed to take him seriously as the next big bad in Marvel? :mjpls:

Thanos meanwhile defeated the Hulk in 30 seconds. And no one else tried to go at him in just a fist fight.
They should have just made him white like he is in the comics. lol

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
To be this aggrieved about a character no one talked about in mainstream media until he got in the MCU is coming off disingenuous. Most just want to bash companies for racism when they are the ones who elevated the character to your consciousness in the first place.
Gotcha, been on this board awhile seems BP has become a favorite since he got a movie franchise. The concern comes off a bit disingenuous, not you specifically but overall. I can't sort out who is genuinely concerned.
-Who gives a fukk about mainstream media? People have been fans of Black Panther on here long before the MCU. Has plenty conversations about how he'd best Batman's ass.
T'Challa just got sonned HEAVY by Cap in the latest comic issue :francis:

Just when you think it couldn't get worse for the character.
-Is it in Black Panther's book?

• Dap

QBN

All Star
Daps
urrkkk :mjlol:
lv_xh2C0w07kV502V-1hyw3pAWHm6O6XuEwO4DE9Y7bfW5Jr8TmeOGFQ6YkNJwHIFGuMkq-gGrBOcRrvJmptLEdjaboywRv4X9DZpxRFxudOHCUkniTUlIooflLfBw3f5M_HbsOL4w=s1600

best believe crackas will be trolling with this page from now til the end of time :scust:
Hella disrespectful. Last issue he got beat up by a bootleg Killmonger :stopitslime:

To the posters complaining about us complaining...I get it to a degree. It's a vibe killer to just see complaints all the time, but the disrespect to the premier Black superhero is flagrant, intentional, and disturbing.

You couldn't buy a young boy the current BP comics and expect him to like T'Challa because they've made him out to be a such a pathetic loser who nobody respects. So what can we do? Use social media to call Marvel out on their BS, push the re-cast T'Challa narrative and "vote" with our dollars. When I give BP comics to my nephews they are all from the Christopher Priest or Reggie Hudlin runs. The Don McGregor run is very solid for older teens too.

At some point Marvel will have to bring back a strong T'Challa. On the business side of things, I can't see Shuri carrying the franchise in comics or film. The King will be back on his throne eventually, but it could take awhile.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Hella disrespectful. Last issue he got beat up by a bootleg Killmonger :stopitslime:

To the posters complaining about us complaining...I get it to a degree. It's a vibe killer to just see complaints all the time, but the disrespect to the premier Black superhero is flagrant, intentional, and disturbing.

You couldn't buy a young boy the current BP comics and expect him to like T'Challa because they've made him out to be a such a pathetic loser who nobody respects. So what can we do? Use social media to call Marvel out on their BS, push the re-cast T'Challa narrative and "vote" with our dollars. When I give BP comics to my nephews they are all from the Christopher Priest or Reggie Hudlin runs. The Don McGregor run is very solid for older teens too.

At some point Marvel will have to bring back a strong T'Challa. On the business side of things, I can't see Shuri carrying the franchise in comics or film. The King will be back on his throne eventually, but it could take awhile.

IF Johnanthan Majors wasn't King I'd bush Marvel until this saga is over. The Infinity Saga was some never seen before shyt, but now I refuse to invest myself like I did for that if this is why they gonna do to black men.

• Dap