Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Not the sequel but after Heath Ledger was gone some fans wanted to pull a Coogler and end the character for good. And DC said :mjlol: and continued with the character because they're not idiots.

So Coogler being allowed to destroy a character like T'Challa unliterally was definitely the wrong decision.

And Feige is definitely looking at those boxoffice numbers and fan reaction thinking :patrice: maybe they should have found a way to bring a version of T'Challa back because it's a central character. Not some random one that they can just end because the director feels like it.
Deep down Feige knew he fukked up by not recasting which is why I think we may get a T’Challa variant in Secret Wars.

Common sense should of told him that you don’t just end a main character with over 60 years of history and storyline just because the actor playing him died. Marvel would never in a million years pull try this type of shyt with Spider-Man. :mjlol:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
The movie was a box office success. The first one over performed beyond anyones expectations. It did Avengers numbers.
The second movie severely underperformed in the box office. It took almost two months for this shyt to barely reach $800 million while the first movie made that much in like 2 or 3 weeks. :mjlol:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Deep down Feige knew he fukked up by not recasting which is why I think we may get a T’Challa variant in Secret Wars.

Common sense should of told him that you don’t just end a main character with over 60 years of history and storyline just because the actor playing him died. Marvel would never in a million years pull try this type of shyt with Spider-Man. :mjlol:
This doesn't make sense.

Spiderman and the actor who played him didn't have quite the cultural social impact on audiences that Black Panther and C. Boseman did.

Boseman was a beloved respected actor tied to the most high profile HBCU. The backlash/pressure of trying to replace him in the sequel wouldn't have been worth it.

Luckily the studio agreed.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
This doesn't make sense.

Spiderman and the actor who played him didn't have quite the cultural social impact on audiences that Black Panther and C. Boseman did.

Boseman was a beloved respected actor tied to the most high profile HBCU. The backlash/pressure of trying to replace him in the sequel wouldn't have been worth it.

It makes a lot of sense. A character should never be limited to one single actor. Even Chadwick‘s own family believe that he would of wanted the role to be given to another young Black actor.

Chadwick Boseman's Brother Says Actor Would Want Black Panther to Be Recast

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The second movie severely underperformed in the box office. It took almost two months for this shyt to barely reach $800 million while the first movie made that much in like 2 or 3 weeks. :mjlol:
The first one had the hype surrounding it. It was released on black history month. It was kept in more theaters longer.

The only reason why the last Spider-Man blew the last two out of the water is because characters from the previous 2 trilogies were in it. Dr Strange had hella cameos in it.

But I digress.

This movie wasn’t release in China like that last one either.

But hey. Marvel set the bar so high that if a movie doesn’t do a billion every time, it’s a flop.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch, and don’t post. Being a troll this late in the game is corny. I openly don’t fukk with DC movies, but I also don’t bother to watch and I pretty much stopped commenting on shyt I don’t fukk with no more.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

Common sense should have told him that you don’t just end a main character with over 60 years of history and storyline just because the actor playing him died. Marvel would never in a million years pull try this type of shyt with Spider-Man. :mjlol:
:mjlol: They literally wrote the homie T’challa, out his own franchise. When one of his biggest rivals. Made his 1st appearance in the MCU. Can you imagine if The Batman sequel. Wrote Bruce out the film. And it started batwoman fighting the joker.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
The first one had the hype surrounding it. It was released on black history month. It was kept in more theaters longer.

The only reason why the last Spider-Man blew the last two out of the water is because characters from the previous 2 trilogies were in it. Dr Strange had hella cameos in it.

But I digress.

This movie wasn’t release in China like that last one either.

But hey. Marvel set the bar so high that if a movie doesn’t do a billion every time, it’s a flop.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch, and don’t post. Being a troll this late in the game is corny. I openly don’t fukk with DC movies, but I also don’t bother to watch and I pretty much stopped commenting on shyt I don’t fukk with no more.
I said it underperformed (in which it did no matter how much you try to spin it) not flopped. Very clear difference between completely failing in the box office vs doing good/ok but still not exceeding expectations.:unimpressed:

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
This doesn't make sense.

I posted this earlier in this thread with Chadwick giving a tribute to Stan Lee; he says regardless of what you are going through, they need to keep these characters going. He even mentioned cancer as something a person may battle for in life.

Chadwick has said in many interviews about the importance of the character and how hard it is to be a black actor in Hollywood.

There are other videos he did stating the importance of character and that the character stories should keep going.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It makes a lot of sense. A character should never be limited to one single actor. Even Chadwick‘s own family believe that he would of wanted the role to be given to another young Black actor.

Chadwick Boseman's Brother Says Actor Would Want Black Panther to Be Recast
I posted this earlier in this thread with Chadwick giving a tribute to Stan Lee; he says regardless of what you are going through, they need to keep these characters going. He even mentioned cancer as something a person may battle for in life.

Chadwick has said in many interviews about the importance of the character and how hard it is to be a black actor in Hollywood.

There are other videos he did stating the importance of character and that the character stories should keep going.

Would have been a hard sell to fans who were emotionally tied to the actor/character.

url

Which is why they opted to go in the direction they did for the follow up film.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Would have been a hard sell to fans who were emotionally tied to the actor/character.

url

Which is why they opted to go in the direction they did for the follow up film.

The movie should have been delayed, and they shouldn't have rushed to get it out due to circumstances with Chadwick. They could have done the Wakanda TV show first during that time. T'Challa shouldn't have been killed off. Since they said he was sick with an illness in the film, they could have froze him like they did Bucky in the post-credit scene in Captain America Civil War, which would explain why he is not in the show or to show they are trying to find a cure for him. Or they could have a redemption story using the W'Kabi character, played by Daniel Kaluuya, to redeem himself to Wakanda to take on Namor in Wakanda Forever. Coogler should have waited for him until he was available to be in the movie. It's fiction; they could have created a more creative story, then a few years go by, and they bring back T'Challa with the new actor.

Marvel/Disney chose to rush the movie and to cash out while using Chadwick's death to help sell the tickets for the film. The wrong move, in my opinion overall.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The movie should have been delayed, and they shouldn't have rushed to get it out due to circumstances with Chadwick. They could have done the Wakanda TV show first during that time. T'Challa shouldn't have been killed off. Since they said he was sick with an illness in the film, they could have froze him like they did Bucky in the post-credit scene in Captain America Civil War, which would explain why he is not in the show or to show they are trying to find a cure for him. Or they could have a redemption story using the W'Kabi character, played by Daniel Kaluuya, to redeem himself to Wakanda to take on Namor in Wakanda Forever. Coogler should have waited for him until he was available to be in the movie. It's fiction; they could have created a more creative story, then a few years go by, and they bring back T'Challa with the new actor.

Marvel/Disney chose to rush the movie and to cash out while using Chadwick's death to help sell the tickets for the film. The wrong move, in my opinion overall.
Or they could’ve just written Wakanda out of the MCU altogether.:mjpls: Vibranium was really poisonous and it wiped out every Wakandan

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Lets just sum this up to cut out the nonsense

1. It was originally a father son story
2. Chadwick died
3. Recasting T'Challa negates the entire point of the story they were working out/grieving someone missing
4. Due to short time they decide to just honor Boseman.
5. We get a new T'Challa in the son.

I admit I was very much open to criticizing, but their unbelievably tough decision was understandable. It was a taking a hit without Chadwick and China regardless. So they figured they might as well just acknowledge and take whatever L's comes with it.

Its on them going forward to properly pay off the "new" T'Challa though.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lets just sum this up to cut out the nonsense

1. It was originally a father son story
2. Chadwick died
3. Recasting T'Challa negates the entire point of the story they were working out/grieving someone missing
4. Due to short time they decide to just honor Boseman.
5. We get a new T'Challa in the son.

I admit I was very much open to criticizing, but their unbelievably tough decision was understandable. It was a taking a hit without Chadwick and China regardless. So they figured they might as well just acknowledge and take whatever L's comes with it.

Its on them going forward to properly pay off the "new" T'Challa though.

how is a new character a "new" T'Challa lol. y'all just be letting these folks dikk y'all